• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

CrazyDude

Oct 25, 2017
Yes, the best part of Tom and Jerry have been the humans characters.\, I'm glad we finally have a film that focuses on them.

Ashhong

Oct 26, 2017
The human humor was lame but I am still excited for this. I think it looks like a great family film

Bus-TEE

Banned
Nov 20, 2017
Looks quite good fun.

I think Warners should lean into this live action/animation style and do all their HB and Looney Tunes films this way.

First up? Duck Dodgers.

stumblebee

The Fallen
Jan 22, 2018
This is basically my worst fear. All of the Tom and Jerry stuff looked absolutely fantastic, but I can almost guarantee you that a lot of the human stuff is going to drag the movie down to mediocrity.

Spring-Loaded

Oct 27, 2017
Yes, the best part of Tom and Jerry have been the humans characters.\, I'm glad we finally have a film that focuses on them.
SaltyAgedKiskadee-small.gif

PSOreo

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I love Tom and Jerry but this doesn't look great. Then again I'm obviously not the target market here. The animation style of just gross to me.

lazygecko

Oct 25, 2017
Can't wait for the token Tom/Jerry sitting in the front seat of a car with a human driver scene.

Kommodore

Oct 27, 2017
Been a while since we saw a Who Framed Roger Rabbit style animated film. Might be fun, but definitely doesn't have that weird flavor Roger did based on the trailer.

Nov 5, 2017
This movie has some insane talent both in front of the camera and behind the camera.
Who would've thought that a Tom and Jerry movie would be able to attract such a huge budget? Especially in these uncertain times (for the movie industry)?

Curler

Oct 26, 2017
Oh when you guys said "human characters" I I had no idea it was outright LIVE ACTION... I was assuming animated people...

Been a while since we saw a Who Framed Roger Rabbit style animated film. Might be fun, but definitely doesn't have that weird flavor Roger did based on the trailer.

I mean, Space Jam 2 is coming soon too.

Fuchs

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Maybe James Marsden will appear in the post-credit scene as a sequel stinger.

jman2050

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
All the Tom and Jerry parts actually looked quite excellent and funny, but YIKES at this whole hotel framing device.

I know it's a movie so they can't do this because reasons, but just make an hour and a half of Tom and Jerry antics without it being constantly sidelined by a bunch of nobodies.

El Bombastico

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
First Transformers now this. Why does Hollywood keep shoving in human characters into a property that doesn't need them?

KillstealWolf

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
That ending really feels like it should have one of Tom's Classic Screams.

But it doesn't.

And it makes it feel off.

Whole thing feels sorta off. I don't really see what the live action actually brings to this (Outside of, I guess, reducing budget) which is a shame because the animated stuff is pretty good and I do like the artstyle.

FormatCompatible

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
This movie has some insane talent both in front of the camera and behind the camera.
Who would've thought that a Tom and Jerry movie would be able to attract such a huge budget? Especially in these uncertain times (for the movie industry)?
I'm sorry but when the hell did Tim Story turn into a ''insane talent'' while I wasn't looking?

Or maybe I didn't get the sarcasm...

Apr 25, 2020
All the Tom and Jerry parts actually looked quite excellent and funny, but YIKES at this whole hotel framing device.

I know it's a movie so they can't do this because reasons, but just make an hour and a half of Tom and Jerry antics without it being constantly sidelined by a bunch of nobodies.

Would Roger Rabbit have worked without the human framing around it?

KNZFive

Oct 28, 2017
It doesn't look great, but I'm at least glad Tom & Jerry aren't talking. They got that part right compared to the abysmal animated film that came out in the 90s.

gerg

Oct 25, 2017
I presume this is CGI, right? The effect they've gone for is weird - it doesn't look like really good, 2D animation, but flat 3D animation.

El Bombastico

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I have to ask, wtf happened to Chloe Grace Moretz's career? She seemed like a big up and coming actress...now she's starring in shit like this.

jman2050

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Would Roger Rabbit have worked without the human framing around it?

I don't understand the comparison. Roger Rabbit was literally about the integration of toons and their culture in American society, acting as a thinly veiled allegory for systemic racism of that time period.

This looks like... Tom and Jerry. But there are also other people there doing things that nobody cares about. A movie which, by the way, already exists and was mostly terrible, though at least this interpretation seems to actually stick to what made Tom and Jerry themselves appealing.

clearacell

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Easily "not for me" but I'm sure the kids will love it. The best part of Tom & Jerry was the innuendo and how much of an asshole they were to each other, I hope there is at least a little of that.

Oct 27, 2017
ah, from fame director Tim Story - who previous brought us Shaft 2019, the (soon to be) Ride Along trilogy, the two Fox Fantastic Four movies and Barbershop.