dlauv

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I did not know the logo for this game was leaked by an exclusive Xbox youtuber. Maybe it's fake, but the other leaker got the upside down red triangle right. And the news broke around the same time.

MtwFhj8.jpeg

Last edited:

SketchDog

Nov 25, 2021
Toronto
Way I see it, leaks for something literally getting announced within less than a week are just sad and pointless.

It's totally within Tom Henderson's right to keep the article up as he signed no NDA, but he probably burned bridges with Koji Pro, the publisher, and Geoff Keighley probably.
He might have nothing to lose. I'm taking a guess from the context here that this was a video sent to some journalists so they could have articles written right after the show. Sounds like Tom wasn't on the in list to get the video anyway.

Red Kong XIX

Oct 11, 2020
Way I see it, leaks for something literally getting announced within less than a week are just sad and pointless.

It's totally within Tom Henderson's right to keep the article up as he signed no NDA, but he probably burned bridges with Koji Pro, the publisher, and Geoff Keighley.
To burn bridges, there need to be bridges to begin with.

Eugene's Axe

Jan 17, 2019
I hope it's 3rd person.
1st person horror games have become very generic. Actually after PT since it seems everyone wants to follow on its success.

Aeroucn

"This guy are sick"
Oct 27, 2017
Someone under embargo leaked this to Tom, there's no bridges to burn if he's not directly working with those gaming companies

mojo

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I know it's how these people make their money but in the past few years I've seen some of the most pointless leaks ever.

Dabanton

Oct 27, 2017
As usual some idiot leaks so all the hard work of devs is undermined.

I get people love leaks, and it gains a nice Twitter following but if I'd been working on this reveal for a while I'd be pissed some dunderhead puts out poorly compressed images of it.

No doubt someone will leak the video in a day or two as well.

The Gold Hawk

Jan 30, 2019
Yorkshire
A new horror game could be cool even though I haven't really enjoyed a Kojima game since MGS2, but I am still interested to see what it could be.

Maybe it's just me but I'm picking up a bit of smugness in that follow up tweet that I really don't care for.
Yeah, little bit. But I guess if I were a games news person and had posted something and was then contacted privately by a company to remove it, I would probably announce that they had contacted me. That part seems reasonable.

Brat-Sampson

Nov 16, 2017
Ugh, leaks suck so bad. Ruin a surprise, ruin people's excitement to reveal their work, piss off devs and pubs, etc just to get yourself some clout for a few days.

I feel the same about stuff that gets datamined.

Dimple

Jan 10, 2018
A bunch of Journalists/ Influencers went up to California recently for SGF to see stuff behind the scenes, I doubt Tom wouldve been part of that but if this game was shown to people under condition of being NDA then that may explain how this info made its way to Tom or got leaked by someone else.

VAD

Oct 28, 2017
Is it bad that I am more hyped for another game with Margaret Quailey than a Kojima game?
Goddamn it I'm validating Hideo's obsession with Hollywood.

Burgess_101

Oct 26, 2017
Never understand being upset at leaks. Guy is doing his job. Guess corporations should just control all messaging. Only post what they want you to.

Mar 29, 2022
If they were smart they wouldve just ignored it. Directly contacting tom literally just confirms that what he said is true.

Yup, dumb play from KJP.

He didn't post any images, music or other material from the game. There's no grounds for a DMCA.

Makes sense.

Edit: Also, Sony? I don't think they were mentioned where they?

Just assuming they are related to the project.

Never understand being upset at leaks. Guy is doing his job. Guess corporations should just control all messaging. Only post what they want you to.

The best thing the could have done was stay quiet, now the reveal was spoiled.

Delaney

Oct 25, 2017
If they were smart they wouldve just ignored it. Directly contacting tom literally just confirms that what he said is true.
I doubt we need to tell lawyers and PR professionals how to do their job. If they contacted this person to take down the article it's because they believe they have some ground on that and of course it's not in the hoe that said person is going to run to Twitter the following second like "guys they told me to take it down and I said no".

Phantom_Snake

The Fallen
Jul 26, 2018
Montana
There's a right way to leak (Jason Scheier, where the leak is tied to news), and a wrong way to leak (just for clout). Leaks don't necessarily bother me but I get it, a lot of people do put a lot of their time and effort to keep it under wraps and have a fun reveal.

RPGam3r

Oct 27, 2017

Companies want to control the messaging behind the product they've spent/will spend years with? Especially Kojima who may have a neat/different way to show the game that could generate more buzz.

Risev

"This guy are sick"
Oct 27, 2017
As Jason Shrier himself said, leaks like this are something he himself has stopped engaging in.

There is literally nothing beneficial to the consumer about leaking an announcement happening in a week or so, except to ruin the surprise. There was 0 else of substance in the leak. No insight corporations don't want us to know, nothing.

Mar 18, 2022
The guy has the right to post a story, Koji Pro has the right to ask for its removal. Nothing to see here, as far as that's concerned. At the end of the day, when the game is revealed, it will be probably be incredibly exciting to have that additional layer of confirmation, regardless of how much we find out about the game itself prior to its official unveiling!

Winnie

Mar 12, 2020
I did not know the logo for this game was leaked by an exclusive Xbox youtuber. Maybe it's fake, but the other leaker got the upside down red triangle right. And the news broke around the same time.

MtwFhj8.jpeg

This person claims that he have seen a whole gameplay of the game, and that there is more than one video walkthrough of the game.

- All the videos are of people playing the game on mobiles.
- It takes place in a abandoned factory.
- He think that this is an Apple Arcade game or an Xbox game played through cloud.
- Also says that he would be surprise if it's a mobile game, because it looks really good graphically.
- The gameplay he have saw is third person.
- He says that it doesn't look similar to P.T or Silent Hill.

All this comes from here (Spanish video):

- YouTube

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Edit: Geoff have started to follow this person on Twitter today too.
Edit: Also talks about smaller red circles appearing in the screen that he thinks that are for interact with things.

Last edited:

Uzupedro

Banned
May 16, 2020
Rio de Janeiro
Usually I don't care about leaks but stuff being revealed like 1-2 days before the official announcement seems a bit too much. At this point keep the surprise¯\_(ツ)_/¯
In the end he isn't doing anything wrong, unnecessary smugness aside, you're a leaker not a super hero.

tarantullama

Oct 27, 2017

Kojima has a history of making announcements interesting and exciting. See: P.T. or Moby Dick Studio.

They're just marketing gimmicks, yes. But for fans of the medium, it can be fun.

Burgess_101

Oct 26, 2017
There's a right way to leak (Jason Scheier, where the leak is tied to news), and a wrong way to leak (just for clout). Leaks don't necessarily bother me but I get it, a lot of people do put a lot of their time and effort to keep it under wraps and have a fun reveal.

I get where you're coming from but that designation seems arbitrary to me.

Companies want to control the messaging behind the product they've spent/will spend years with? Especially Kojima who may have a neat/different way to show the game that could generate more buzz.

Of course they want to control the messaging surrounding their investment. But if a journalist gets hold of that information, they have every right to do their job and report it.

As Jason Shrier himself said, leaks like this are something he himself has stopped engaging in.

There is literally nothing beneficial to the consumer about leaking an announcement happening in a week or so, except to ruin the surprise. There was 0 else of substance in the leak. No insight corporations don't want us to know, nothing.
Surprise isn't a good enough reason to stop someone from doing their job.

rude

Oct 25, 2017
This person claims that he have seen a whole gameplay of the game, and that there is more than one video walkthrough of the game.

- All the videos are of people playing the game on mobiles.
- It takes place in a abandoned factory.
- He think that this is an Apple Arcade game or an Xbox game played through cloud.
- Also says that he would be surprise is it's a mobile game, because it looks really good graphically.
- The gameplay he have saw is third person.
- He says that it doesn't look similar to P.T or Silent Hill.

All this comes from here (Spanish video):

- YouTube

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.
the phone thing is throwing me off. all of this sounds weird.

behOemoth

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I know it's how these people make their money but in the past few years I've seen some of the most pointless leaks ever.
It looks like they are leaking articles from some kind of a news terminal. It's some kind of leak for sure, but it's still the info which was intended to get out set with an embargo for maximum effect.