• If you have been following the news, you should be aware that the people of Lebanon have been under a violent bombardment that has recently escalated. Please consider donating to help them if you can or trying to spread word of the fundraiser.

Red Kong XIX

Oct 11, 2020
Transcript of what Henderson said:
There's a few trailers and stuff that I've seen that wasn't at the event which I was expecting to be there, so it is a big surprise that we only saw what we saw.

The live stream (with timestamp):

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I9oi-GnBQI8&t=210s

He also wrote and article before that live stream where he made the argument that Sony "needs a second showcase this year". He claims that "a lot of the games" are "pretty much ready" in said article:
insider-gaming.com

PlayStation Needs a Second Showcase This Year

Following yesterday's disappointing showcase, Sony needs a second showcase later this year for its 1st party games and hardware.

crimilde

"This guy are sick" and Corrupted by Vengeance
Oct 26, 2017
The console is selling like hotcakes, they've got big games coming this year in both Final Fantasy XVI and Spider-Man 2, I get why they wouldn't feel the need to show their hand yet. I still wish they did, though.

Jun 20, 2021
It was just a bizarre showcase. We know they've got plenty more to show so where was it? Surely it's a cardinal sin of Showcases to leave the audience wanting more?

behOemoth

Oct 27, 2017
Most games which were shown are expected to be released very soon.
The exception being the three live service games. I'm not even sure why Sony and partners should show more.

The Snitch also claims there were announcements he knows about missing at the showcase, including a AAA PC port coming in July

starblue

Oct 28, 2017
FxCyax5WAAERhOf

vivftp

Oct 29, 2017
Team Second Showcase 2023 assemble!

A second Showcase around August or September is what I'm going with.

Deleted member 110398

Mar 9, 2022
They can redeem themselves by having a 20-25 min showcasing purely focusing on first party content but one things for sure, this showcase has completely ruined any expectations I have for future events. I don't think I'll ever be hyped again, will be super cautious.

SCUMMbag

Prophet of Truth - Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
A PC port is the kind of thing you give to Keighley for his show.

Shift Breaker

Oct 25, 2017
Gonna' bring out the Bloodborne PC Gong, and prepare the Bloodborne PC Disappointment Gong.

That said, it makes sense that PC ports wouldn't be at this event. A solid hour of "Wow, look at the PS5 can do" doesn't seem like the best place to go "Oh, yeah, the PC can do that too, I guess". Summer Games Fest, I guess?

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
Ah insiders and vague information... Unless they are going to name names (and put their reputation on the line) I dont really care. Its easy to say "I expected something else to show up" when they dont say what that "thing" is.

AgentLampshade

Sweet Commander
Oct 25, 2017
Everyone says this after a mediocre showing. Frankly I don't care if there's merit in it or not. Just makes everyone "in the know" look embarrassed and audiences leaving disappointed.

Oghuz

Oct 27, 2017
I would love to hear Sony's reasoning for not showing them. Are they preparing a second showcase for this year or something?

vivftp

Oct 29, 2017
It would be the time to announce it.

The PS5 Pro isn't rumored to arrive until holiday 2024, it won't be announced until at least next Summer.

A second Showcase this year could, however, feature the rumored PS5 revision with the detachable disc drive, which is rumored to launch this September.

Johnny Blaze

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
DE
The PS5 is selling like crazy and I doubt a mediocre showcase will change that, they probably thought no need to go guns blazing, if the rumor is true.

Besides, SM2 is the talk everywhere, even my very casual gamer friends are mostly talking about that.

Strings

Oct 27, 2017
I can understand why Square Enix RPG stuff would be saved for after XVI releases, but iunno why Sony would hold back any of their own stuff. Weird.

I liked the show for the most part, but I kinda expect Xbox of all things to have a slightly more interesting one for me just because they've locked down more third party announcements suited to my tastes (by having P3R and probably a Eiyuden Chronicle release date).

Breadfan78

Dec 8, 2022
Stuff of dreams having an announcement of a 3 year old game getting ported to PC. Would've won the day if they'd managed to get it out yesterday.

Angie

Best Avatar Thread Ever!
Nov 20, 2017
Kingdom of Corona
I don't believe that for a second.

If he knows some games that are supposed to be announced he would leak it yhr second he knew.

He has a entire website for leaks and he not saying what games they are?

FrostweaveBandage

Unshakable Resolve
Sep 27, 2019
I tend to think the point of using this showcase to show off only a handful of first party projects is that they can now dedicate extended screen time to those projects which were not shown which tells the audience they can get all of those games plus all these indies and third party games on the same console.

crimilde

"This guy are sick" and Corrupted by Vengeance
Oct 26, 2017
I don't believe that for a second.

If he knows some games that are supposed to be announced he would leak it yhr second he knew.

He has a entire website for leaks and he not saying what games they are?

As a counterpoint, I don't see any reason why he would deliberately lie.

asd202

Enlightened
Oct 27, 2017
The PS5 Pro isn't rumored to arrive until holiday 2024, it won't be announced until at least next Summer.

A second Showcase this year could, however, feature the rumored PS5 revision with the detachable disc drive, which is rumored to launch this September.
They can just do a SoP or announce it in a blog post.