• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

MikeHattsu

Oct 25, 2017
Some great mixed messaging here...

Speaking of mixed messaging...

screenshot_20210618-1a8k1m.jpg

Psychotext

Oct 30, 2017
Sadly we know which way that will go. Ignore everyone that should have a say, listen to the IOC / top politicians.

MikeHattsu

Oct 25, 2017
english.kyodonews.net

Tokyo Olympic spectator cap set at 10,000 people per venue

Tokyo Olympic organizers say they will allow up to 10,000 spectators to enter each venue, provided the number does not exceed 50 percent of its capacity, amid persistent concern about the spread of the coronavirus.

The Tokyo Olympics and Paralympics organizers on Monday agreed to allow up to 10,000 spectators to enter each games venue, provided it does not exceed 50 percent of a venue's capacity.

During an online meeting, representatives of five organizing bodies, including International Olympic Committee President Thomas Bach and Tokyo Gov. Yuriko Koike, finalized a policy on spectator limits, having already barred those from overseas.

They are expected, however, to leave open the option of holding the games without spectators in case the infection situation worsens before or after the Olympics begin on July 23.

The committee has sold tickets for 42 percent of the total seats in venues. But tickets purchased for some events have topped 50 percent of venue capacity.

The committee is considering holding a lottery to determine who will be allowed to watch in person, according to officials familiar with the matter.

Olympic competitions will be held in about 40 venues located in Tokyo and other prefectures.

Psychotext

Oct 30, 2017
Dear Tokyo 2020 Client,

We were informed today by the Tokyo 2020 Olympic Organizing Committee that ticket refunds have been delayed until mid-July (see excerpts received from Tokyo 2020 below).
Disappointing news for sure and again, as soon as Cartan receives any ticket refunds from Tokyo 2020 we will refund our clients immediately per refund policies previously distributed.
As always, any questions, don't hesitate to contact us at [email protected].

Sincerely,
CARTAN GLOBAL

Wankers.

MikeHattsu

Oct 25, 2017
english.kyodonews.net

Japan eyes keeping COVID-19 quasi-emergency during Tokyo Olympics

The Japanese government plans to extend the quasi-state of emergency covering Tokyo and three surrounding prefectures by about one month, keeping it in place during the Summer Olympics amid a resurgence in coronavirus cases in the capital, government sources say.

The Japanese government is leaning toward keeping the quasi-state of emergency covering the Tokyo metropolitan area in place during the Summer Olympics amid a resurgence in coronavirus cases, government sources said Sunday.

Prime Minister Yoshihide Suga will finalize the decision to keep the measure, which had been slated to end July 11, for about one additional month at a task force meeting on Thursday.

Tokyo, Chiba, Saitama and Kanagawa prefectures will remain under restrictions on business activity, which currently include asking restaurants to stop serving alcohol by 7 p.m. and close by 8 p.m.

Coronavirus cases have been creeping back up in the capital, climbing to 518 on Sunday from 386 a week ago.

The resurgence comes amid mounting concerns that the Olympics, set to begin July 23, could become a COVID-19 superspreader event, especially if held with spectators.

MikeHattsu

Oct 25, 2017
english.kyodonews.net

Tokyo Olympic ticket purchaser information leaked online

Login IDs and passwords of Tokyo Olympic ticket purchasers have been leaked on the internet, a government official says, in the latest in a series of setbacks for the organizing committee.

Login IDs and passwords of Tokyo Olympic ticket purchasers have been leaked on the internet, a government official said Wednesday.

The same information of Paralympic ticket purchasers and those who had used a volunteer portal for the Summer Games have been leaked online as well, said the official, speaking on condition of anonymity

Guess it's only for people who bought in Japan (FF Seraphim Matto cvxfreak ?) and not from resellers outside of Japan though.

Last edited:

Biske

Nov 11, 2017
The Olympics has earned a gold medal In showing they've learned absolutely nothing from the past year

FF Seraphim

Oct 26, 2017
Tokyo
english.kyodonews.net

Login IDs and passwords of Tokyo Olympic ticket purchasers have been leaked on the internet, a government official says, in the latest in a series of setbacks for the organizing committee.

Guess it's only for people who bought in Japan (FF Seraphim Matto cvxfreak ?) and not from resellers outside of Japan though.

WTF...
Luckily I paid at a conbini so no creditcard information. However, what the fuck, seriously.

cvxfreak

DINO CRISIS SUX
Oct 25, 2017
Tokyo
english.kyodonews.net

Thanks! I actually bought my ticket from the US so I should be okay. Sucks for all my friends who bought inside Japan though…

Psychotext

Oct 30, 2017
Anyone heard anything from Cosport? Cartan have been in touch, but they owe me f'all compared to what Cosport do.

Yunyo

Oct 25, 2017
I got my refund check from Cosport but as for whether the lawsuit was successful, I don't know. I guess the whole thing hasn't gone to trial yet.

OP
OP
Nephtes

Nephtes

Oct 27, 2017
Watching these Olympics has been so frustrating on some levels seeing places in Tokyo knowing, "dammit! I was supposed to BE there!"

Seeing the Gundam statue during the men's triathlon… 😢