Hailinel

Shamed a mod for a tag
Oct 27, 2017
First time playing the game and I'm glad I didn't pick it up on Wii U - those load times are pretty bad.

20 hours in: the combat is addicting and I really like the variety of colors, costumes, and combos. I don't feel strongly for the characters as i feel a lot of the side quests require you to do stupid things like buy a donut for a character to eat.
How dare you. Tiki deserves that donut!

Vylash

Oct 25, 2017
First time playing the game and I'm glad I didn't pick it up on Wii U - those load times are pretty bad.

20 hours in: the combat is addicting and I really like the variety of colors, costumes, and combos. I don't feel strongly for the characters as i feel a lot of the side quests require you to do stupid things like buy a donut for a character to eat.
Tiki needed that donut!

Jintor

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
>first boss in 106
>should be a breeze
>boss is 5 levels above me
>oneshots tsubasa, everyone dies

huh so its gonna be like that

Oct 29, 2017
Gangrel is absolutely kicking my backside. I've levelled up a bit more and it looks like I need to start using buffs more but it's such a huge difficulty spike. I really do hate games with bosses.

toastyToast

Oct 26, 2017
Should I or shouldn't I have Tsubasa wear glasses in her casual outfit? While I accept people for who they are I am also a glasses connoisseur.

This is so conflicting!

MattAces

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Malaysia
I like how they made an entire option in the setting dedicated to tsubasa's glasses.
I was having a very hard time choosing too, thank god you can change anytime.

Jintor

Oct 25, 2017
its real dumb but i like the idea that tsubasa wears glasses day to day

Shudouken

Jun 19, 2019
Holy shit with the lack of battle subtitles
It's a huge oversight
Even for Japanese players, it's easy to miss a couple of lines here and there as well.
Especially if you're in a noisy environment, hard of hearing or playing in portable mode without headphones.
All dialog should always be subtitled.

Most of it is just banter but there are some lines relevant to the story/lore in boss battles.

Jintor

Oct 25, 2017
i have learned that 'kihai' means presence, probably.

thanks chrom.

The problem I have with the model chapter with the change of outfits is the outfit they went with, which isn't really interesting look. If think they could gone with dresses to replace the swimsuits they would had both been better context with photoshoots and would be avoid putting underage characters in a sexualize position.

LordofPwn

Oct 27, 2017
The problem I have with the model chapter with the change of outfits is the outfit they went with, which isn't really interesting look. If think they could gone with dresses to replace the swimsuits they would had both been better context with photoshoots and would be avoid putting underage characters in a sexualize position.
just finished chapter 2 and it feels so out of place, and then you find out a lot was changed in localization. dresses for sure would have made a ton more sense. at the same time though are swimsuits that bad considering the other things in this game that wasn't changed? just tonally didn't make sense and felt out of place.

my bigger gripe is with the subtitling choice. like obvs would prefer it had a dub but the white text with black outline on a white background hurts my eyes after a bit.

TruSpindash

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah I had a friend who is playing for the first time and doesn't know anything about the changes and thought the tone of Chapter 2 was weird so when I explained it was originally swimsuit modeling they said that makes so much more sense.

Haven't had much of a chance to play the game myself a lot but I've managed to convince like three friends to pick it up and they have all really liked it so far, including one that hates idol stuff.

Shudouken

Jun 19, 2019
Yeah I agree, and at the very least leave the swimsuit outift in as an optional costume.
It still appears ingame for a cutscene during a special attack anyway.
And they aged up Tsubasa to be 18 on top of that. That alone should have been enough.

Dany1899

Dec 23, 2017
I have just deteated mid-boss in Chapter 2 finally! Yesterday I had my team at level 15-16 and I was destroyed. Today I managed to win after using the training dungeon, which in around 10 minutes brought my team to level 18 and allowed me unlocked two side stories too. The presence of this dungeon is a real blessing! And the good thing is that, anyway, it isn't enough to easily win, unless you over-level.
That double attack was crazy. First I had to leave Tsubasa out of my team because otherwise she was constantly one-shotted. Then, I had the SP gauge at level 2, which has been fundamental to lowe the central enemy as much life as possible with a single Session.

Zonic

Oct 25, 2017
Heads up, you can finally register the physical version for gold coins via My Nintendo.

......also sorta glad people have the same issue I did with ch. 2's changes since it's kinda hard to articulate why the changes don't work without fear of "u just wanna see swimsuits" (despite completely agreeing & siding with Nintendo's swimsuit edits for Xenoblade X), but it's basically for the same reasons explained above. Especially when Nintendo already upped their ages for the US version.

Gold Arsene

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Ended up picking this up. I want the game to get a second chance and I hope it sells well enough to justify a sequel.

Plus maybe it'll sate my Persona thirst till Royal is out.

Mudo

Oct 25, 2017
Tennessee
Welp, I was weak and picked this up at Walmart yesterday for $50.

Owned on Wiiu and played several hours.

I am excited to jump in - bummed that it's 720p on the TV but 720 on handheld sounds like it's going to be stunningly pretty!

Any tips I should know going in? I honestly don't rent get much of the gameplay other than the general idea lol

Ferrio

Oct 25, 2017
So I'm really early in the game, first chapter. It keeps saying I've unlocked performa or something. I've tried looking everywhere in stats screens to find out what the hell they are and do, but I can't find them. So what are they, and where can I view the status of them?

Jintor

Oct 25, 2017
So I'm really early in the game, first chapter. It keeps saying I've unlocked performa or something. I've tried looking everywhere in stats screens to find out what the hell they are and do, but I can't find them. So what are they, and where can I view the status of them?

Performa is basically just items used for fusing better weapons or unlocking radiant skill. I think you can just find them in your inventory.

Zonic

Oct 25, 2017
Remind me, what are all the outfits you can unlock for Tiki. At Intermission 2 & unlocked the clothing store where you can get posters via the lottery & got an outfit as one of the rewards.

Hailinel

Shamed a mod for a tag
Oct 27, 2017
Yo! This year's Choose Your Legends voting for Fire Emblem Heroes just started, and they added the TMS cast to the ballot this year!

Rainy

Oct 25, 2017
For the people who are playing it for the first time, do you like it? Seems like most impressions I've seen here are positive.

I played it to completion on the Wii U but I've been playing through the re-release little by little, just beat Illusionary Shibuya. Still loving it.

Hailinel

Shamed a mod for a tag
Oct 27, 2017
So is this game just like Persona but with Fire Emblem characters instead of personas?
Not really. Yes there's a bright pop aesthetic, but the gameplay systems stand on their own. It's more of a different flavor of SMT spin-off than a Persona game with Fire Emblem.

Jintor

Oct 25, 2017
i kinda wish there was more incentive to send itsuki out on food reviewing tours. There's a ramen shop I dunno what the point of is other than to blow 700y on shio ramen.

to be fair, thats some cheap ass ramen

HockeyBird

Oct 27, 2017
Hey, there's a biracial character in this game. That's pretty cool. But I've noticed that when a character is only part Japanese, they tend tend to give them blonde hair.

phant0m

Oct 29, 2017
>first boss in 106
>should be a breeze
>boss is 5 levels above me
>oneshots tsubasa, everyone dies

huh so its gonna be like that

Gangrel is absolutely kicking my backside. I've levelled up a bit more and it looks like I need to start using buffs more but it's such a huge difficulty spike. I really do hate games with bosses.

I have just deteated mid-boss in Chapter 2 finally! Yesterday I had my team at level 15-16 and I was destroyed. Today I managed to win after using the training dungeon, which in around 10 minutes brought my team to level 18 and allowed me unlocked two side stories too. The presence of this dungeon is a real blessing! And the good thing is that, anyway, it isn't enough to easily win, unless you over-level.

Yup, my biggest complaint with the game so far is I guess in the original they _really_ expected you to grind out levels to beat bosses. They're not even skill checks or party composition/equipment....literally just "your number not big enough, one shot". For the ch 1 end boss and both ch 2 bosses i was 2-3 levels under and had to visit the training dungeon, which I guess is add-on/"DLC" content. I guess they wanted players to grind dozens and dozens of battles? I definitely engaged in what I thought was a healthy number f random/in-world battles, as well completing 2 side stories and it stil was far from enough. Seems like poor game design and a cheap way to pad the length.

Anyway, still like the characters and combat system a lot overall. Auto-advance conversations is a godsend for my A button.

#TeamGlasses

HockeyBird

Oct 27, 2017
Yup, my biggest complaint with the game so far is I guess in the original they _really_ expected you to grind out levels to beat bosses. They're not even skill checks or party composition/equipment....literally just "your number not big enough, one shot". For the ch 1 end boss and both ch 2 bosses i was 2-3 levels under and had to visit the training dungeon, which I guess is add-on/"DLC" content. I guess they wanted players to grind dozens and dozens of battles? I definitely engaged in what I thought was a healthy number f random/in-world battles, as well completing 2 side stories and it stil was far from enough. Seems like poor game design and a cheap way to pad the length.

Anyway, still like the characters and combat system a lot overall. Auto-advance conversations is a godsend for my A button.

#TeamGlasses

I feel like it's Atlus design to have bosses just really kick you in the nuts after cruising through the regular enemies. Don't forget to buy new accessories at the jewelry shop. I forgot to do so in Chapter 2 and getting them definitely gave me better survivability. With that said, the Atlus games I have played definitely want you to use the buff and debuff skills during boss battles.