• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

WhtR88t

May 14, 2018
Iirc, Xbox last year was some Scarlet Nexus footage, Samurai Showdown port and then 40 minutes or so of their E3 trailers again.
Stuff like this is kind of what I expect out of Xbox shows these days. Their shows have been very very lackluster in new announcements and hype moments.

When are we going to see all their new AAA exclusive stuff from all their new studios?

Vico

Jan 3, 2018
Stuff like this is kind of what I expect out of Xbox shows these days. Their shows have been very very lackluster in new announcements and hype moments.

When are we going to see all their new AAA exclusive stuff from all their new studios?

Xbox had a big showcase less than three months ago, it's not that long.

Also, they already have a lot of AAA titles announced, they're just waiting to show them for when they're closer to release.

Delusibeta

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
It's not only first party games, but they seem to have absolutely nothing for the late fall or Holidays this year. After Kena and Deathloop it's pretty much barren until next year.

Seems like MS are announcing more new stuff in a week than Sony does in a month nowadays :p
When was the last time Sony first party released a big game between October and December?

Iron Eddie

Banned
Nov 25, 2019

Psychonauts 2 just came out, did you play it? They also showed teasers of Redfall at E3 and Starfield at E3. We also got updates for State of Decay 2. Plus a whole shitload of Forza Horizon 5 which is coming in November.

mpak

Alt Account
Banned
Jul 5, 2021

Well, they can always make one or two big acquisitions - and we will have entertainment for the whole year.

Oct 27, 2017
When was the last time Sony first party released a big game between October and December?

Frankly, I don't know. But it's not about big games necessarily, but it seems like they have neither a big nor a small game between October and February next year. I can't really think of anything at all they have in the pipeline between Kena/Deathloop and HFW.

Prine

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Wat? Xbox just had the best E3 ever, this was the mood by the media not just by fans. They inherited Tango, Shinji Mikami is all fired up after the acquisition, so here's hoping for some exciting news from him. Also, Phil has mentioned multiple times he needs to work on JP content, let's see what that means for Gamepass.

Deleted member 68874

Account closed at user request
Banned
May 10, 2020
Do I dare dream of his return?

216212-itagaki_san.jpg

Broseph

Mar 2, 2021
No FFXVI? Meh. Maybe we'll see something cool Persona related although I guess Atlus will be all in on SMT V marketing

Voodoopeople

Oct 29, 2017
Of course it will be in Japanese... last year it didn't even have english subs, it was jp only.

This is odd to say, considering they did the exact reverse of not doing a Japanese presentation. They did it Japanese only...

This is good news. I mean, it's not like they do Gamescom in German, so there's plenty of reason to ask. TGS isn't a Japan only event, after all.

Lucreto

Oct 25, 2017
It's not only first party games, but they seem to have absolutely nothing for the late fall or Holidays this year. After Kena and Deathloop it's pretty much barren until next year.

Seems like MS are announcing more new stuff in a week than Sony does in a month nowadays :p

They have been announced things with sort notice, we didn't know about Ghost of Tsushima PS5 or Death Stranding PS5 back in May. One is out already and the other before the end of the month.

They could announce something at a State of Play this month and be out in November.

Sep 7, 2020

I mean, they had their best E3 arguably ever in June. More to come at TGAs probably.

Oct 27, 2017
They have been announced things with sort notice, we didn't know about Ghost of Tsushima PS5 or Death Stranding PS5 back in May. One is out already and the other before the end of the month.

They could announce something at a State of Play this month and be out in November.

GoT and DS: DC aren't really new games though, they're upgraded/expanded versions of PS4 games. But yeah, I forgot about those announcements.

Josh5890

I'm Your Favorite Poster's Favorite Poster
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017

2013- Killzone Shadowfall, Knack
2014- Driveclub, Little Big Planet 3
2015- Nothing
2016- The Last Guardian
2017- Gran Turismo Sport,
2018- Nothing
2019- Death Stranding, MediEvil, Concrete Genie
2020- Spiderman Miles Morales, Sackboy: A Big Adventure

ArjanN

Oct 25, 2017
Given that the mystery game is sharing the time slot with Blue Reflection, it's almost certainly Atelier Ryza 3.

Yeah, I was half kidding there, i think Ninja Gaiden 4 could be happening but it'd be more likely a 2022 reveal.

On a related note:

From the TGS schedule:

5:00 to 15:50 – 110 Industries: The feature presentation of new AAA products currently in development under the 110 Industries umbrella. – The show will open with a speech made by the veterans of the industry, highlighting the innovation in game development. We will premiere a gameplay teaser for Wanted: Dead, a third-person shooter / slasher game currently in development by the Ninja Gaiden and Dead or Alive team. It will focus on the making of the game hosted by the studio management and the lead actress. It will also feature an interview with Dasha Rush, a larger-than-life EDM artist from Germany that is composing some of the musical pieces for the game. The closing part of it is the in-game live-action cooking show episode from the game. The stream will continue with a short segment by Maserati, an Italian automotive brand, and a live-action teaser for Red Goes Faster, a racing game currently in development. The presentation will end with a CGI teaser of Vengeance is Mine, a new AAA action / RPG currently in development.

👀

Wonder if they mean Itagaki or Team Ninja

flashman92

Feb 15, 2018
Probably a year away from news about RGG's next game. I assume Atlus will have SMT and their fantasy game. Maybe something from the Valkyria/Sakura Wars team?

fiendcode

Oct 26, 2017
Sony's exit from Japan continues.

I think they'll probably do TLOU2 PS5 in November. Kinda crazy to only have nothing but 3 remasters for the CY2H of PS5's first full year but Covid had a huge impact.

Jul 2, 2021
Sure, but they've announced fuck all for months while MS are consistently announcing new stuff. Gotta wonder wtf Sony are even doing. Feels like the Sony information cycle after the PS5 release has been
absolutely-nothing-zero.gif
Almost a year since the last big showcase. And they have a new next-gen console on the market. This is beyond funny atm.

pbayne

Corrupted by Vengeance
Oct 27, 2017
The last TGS i remember was the one were Judgement was announced, that was good show in general if i remember right
Im somewhat interested if Pragmata is ready to show from Capcom, youd think it would be if its due next year