• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 17092

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It makes no functional difference to me.

It shouldn't. It's like yo I'm the "not 100% terrible" anchor on Fox News. Or yo I'm the "good cop" who is going to argue in court that "I tried to tell Chauvin to stop."

No functional difference except it's worse because we're dealing with a group as a whole who wants to start a race war.

But yeah, I'm the "less bad" part of that group that I associate with.

Garbage. Stop making excuses for being 100% complicit. Actually put your ass on the line or GTFO.

Rodan

Nov 3, 2017
"Boog Bois" are just Charles Manson and his "Helter Skelter" in another vein. Their intent is to start a race war. It's not about tyranny, or the 2nd Amendment, it's about provoking people into attacking authority figures and starting a nationwide riot until the only people remaining when the smoke clears are white. They're not BLM allies.

Tom Penny

Oct 26, 2017
Never knew this only know the movie and

Yo, I was gone too but we roam, cellular phones
Doc-Meth back in the flesh, blood and bones
Don't condone, spend bank loans on homegrown
Suckers break like Turbo and Ozone

SquirrelSr

Oct 26, 2017
Wow. People waving around the Confederate flag wanting to start another civil war over "economic anxiety". Time is a flat circle.

Last edited:

Cuburger

Oct 28, 2017
Heard about it a couple of weeks ago when groups of people at protests had been spotted in Hawaiian shirts. Seems like a fashion choice that would be awfully coincidental at these protests, especially in groups, and that these same people would potentially be there to really agitate and cause violence, even against other protesters, all the talk about "taking it back" comes across to me as more naive than ever.

Their co-opting is organized with a purpose, while the "taking it back" is not.

alr1ght

Oct 25, 2017
Breakin 2' is about a wide variety of races/classes coming together to save their community center.

Zomba13

#1 Waluigi Fan! Current Status: Crying
Oct 25, 2017
No. I'm not letting them have it. It's my go to sequel joke!

Garp TXB

Apr 1, 2020
Seems like the strategy is just to systematically co-opt everything they can... and cause chaos, confusion and resentment wherever possible.

Dekim

Oct 28, 2017
Stop allowing Nazis to successfully appropriate benign and innocuous symbols/items/characters. Every time you allow them to make an otherwise neutral symbol/item/character "bad", it just encourages them to continue doing it with other symbols/items/characters. We should have never indulged them by designating the "OK" hand sign and Pepe the Frog alt-right symbols. All that did is just signified to them that they can fuck with us and we'd gladly play along.

Ogodei

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Coruscant
It's a generally anti-government term that's used by white nationalists and other adjacent crowds like the 2A gun nuts. A few old friends lingering on my facebook feed are liberal gun nuts and will tweet boogaloo shit and anti-nazi posts back to back. Shit's weird.

But yes, it's aggravatingly infantilizing like the time they tried to make "honk honk" and clowns into a racist shibboleth. Just the worst people in so many ways.

Oct 26, 2017
Appalachia
Am I gonna have to burn my copy of this?!?

viz-media-pokemon-part-3-electric-pikachu-boogaloo-issue-1.jpg

j/k this kind of thing is more complicated than that

TheAndyMan

Banned
Feb 11, 2019
Utah
Seems like there are factions which are open altright vs not.

Friedfeld said there are two factions in the movement: one follows a white supremacist philosophy and is clearly anti-Semitic and racist; the other, which includes followers trying to join Black Lives Matter protests, believes in taking down the government.

"They view themselves as the protector of the American people and the one who will lead the uprising against tyranny," Friedfeld said.

"They have this inherently anti-police stance," he said.

The movement is trying to use the protests to change its image and align itself with Black Lives Matter, according to experts who follow the Boogaloo and similar movements.

These people seem to be idiots and trouble makers. Might as well be a psyop for provoking violence.

Garp TXB

Apr 1, 2020
Stop allowing Nazis to successfully appropriate benign and innocuous symbols/items/characters. Every time you allow them to make an otherwise neutral symbol/item/character "bad", it just encourages them to continue doing it with other symbols/items/characters. We should have never indulged them by designating the "OK" hand sign and Pepe the Frog alt-right symbols. All that did is just signified to them that they can fuck with us and we'd gladly play along.

I'm not really sure how we're "indulging" them. I mean, I don't use the ok sign anymore because it simply is offensive now, and I don't want to offend anyone or be seen as a nazi. So it's not something that's exactly easy to defend against.

Dekim

Oct 28, 2017
I'm not really sure how we're "indulging" them. I mean, I don't use the ok sign anymore because it simply is offensive now, and I don't want to offend anyone or be seen as a nazi. So it's not something that's exactly easy to defend against.
We indulge them when we play this stupid game of theirs when they take an otherwise neutral symbol/item/character, purposely try to link it to their shitty movement, and we allow it to happen. We should acknowledge what they are trying to do but refuse to play along. Otherwise, this will never stop because they know they will get a reaction from us.

Garp TXB

Apr 1, 2020
We indulge them when we play this stupid game of theirs when they take an otherwise neutral symbol/item/character, purposely try to link it to their shitty movement, and we allow it to happen. We should acknowledge what they are trying to do but refuse to play along. Otherwise, this will never stop because they know they will get a reaction from us.
Ideally yes, but that's easier said than done. Otherwise every time I use the OK sign I have to go into a long diatribe about how I don't mean it the wrong way, just in case. So in the end I just don't use it anymore.

TheMango55

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
Seems like something that would be easy to figure out with context. If someone's actually making a joke about a sequel they probably aren't a white supremacist, if they just say "boogaloo" out of nowhere they probably are.

Kind of like the OK sign. If I ask someone how their meal is while they are eating and they hold up the ok sign, I'm probably not going to think anything of it, but if they have up the sign in a photo it's pretty damn suspect.

Zombine

Oct 25, 2017
Nobody is taking Breakin 2, Troll 2, Chopping Mall, Battlefield Earth, Killer Klowns, or any other corny film from us.

Deleted member 19533

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
At some point we need to stop just going "well they're using it and now thats what it means" - this is going to get ridiculous.

Y'all can't let them just ruin everything by virtue of them deciding to use that already established word/thing.
Should have never started tbh. I never did. This is why we always end up with a lot of people arguing in threads like these (different approaches). People are giving them power rather than rolling their eyes and moving on while others are doing the opposite. Supremacists are dopes. Fuck 'em.

wisdom0wl

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
what a bunch of dumb idiots and their 2nd civil war fantasies.

Regardless, boogaloo, igloo, elmer's glue, it don't matter. The Union in 4.

Oct 27, 2017
What? I've been doing the "electric boogaloo" thing since the mid 1990s. It's up there with when my kids ask what time it is and I answer "Hammer Time."
Nobody is taking these from me.

dirtyjane

Oct 27, 2017
It's getting ridiculous, people are so dense they take everything at face value and dissect every word that comes out of your mouth.

I can't really keep track of everything if it has a racist background or not because some.obscure niche culture out there uses it as an codeword for some of their fucked up shit.

I know this this post is a funny remark about the whole situation but this ultra pc culture is almost as stressful as the other way around :(

hupla

Oct 27, 2017
I think context really matters and while i understand why people feel uncomfortable distancing themselves from things co-opted by Neo Nazis/White Supremacist/ the Alt Right I think it's also important that not everyone is as clued in to what they are co-opting or just don't feel they have the right to own whatever they start using.

So if someone made a Blank 2; Electric Boogaloo joke I think it's silly to write them off as an alt right goon because it's not being used in that context.

Personally I also don't think we should continue to let the alt right co-opt whatever they want without pushback. They shouldn't feel like they can just turn anything into an alt right symbol and face no resistance I think personally it's letting them win.

BRsomebody

Oct 28, 2017
Doylestown, PA
I'm a hawaiian shirt gay so, I'm sorry but I have to reclaim this. If not for me, for people like me.
On a serious note though I don't think there has been any piece of "culture" from any of the Chans that wasn't absolutely reprehensible or at the absolute least morally questionable.

Reading that article posted in the thread and my questions are, how many different words can you possibly steal to hide your intent when the layman can just scroll through 4chan and find it? Further, why attempt organize your hyper-nationalist, white militia on Facebook where the anonymity that could protect your movement is fully gone?

Tomasdk

Banned
Apr 18, 2018
Are these things even a thing when 99% of the population have no idea about it? I mean not many people even know the words, and even fewer know or care that a small fraction of people somewhere try to act as it has something to do with white supremacy.

Thatonedice1

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Working on that also.
Fuck white supremacists. First I have to question everyone that uses the OK symbol. Now I have to be suspect of people saying "electric boogaloo"? That's one of my favorite movie jokes too. Stop stealing shit dickheads.

Oct 26, 2017
Appalachia
Holy shit y'all whining about people "letting them take things" or whatever need to get a grip you are dense and making yourselves look like you lack critical thinking skills

Last edited:

TeddyShardik

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
I don't think their "vision" will play out in their favour.

Let them have it, I say.

EDIT: And no, these fucks will not prevent me from usng a term just because they thought to use it for thei ulrimately failing goal.
EDIT2: Seriously though: I never imagined that when the US would need to shoot Nazis again, it would be on American soil.
I'm just a fuck from Germany, with a 10-year history in the military.
I would fight for this imginary war.
And the shitbags who were getting it started would be the ones shot first.

Last edited:

Cwyll

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Ah; I finally understand the 'milk' and 'soyboy' stuff, so thanks for that.
Never considered lactose intolerant for a racial insult.

Kinggroin

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Uranus, get it?!? YOUR. ANUS.
Seems like something that would be easy to figure out with context. If someone's actually making a joke about a sequel they probably aren't a white supremacist, if they just say "boogaloo" out of nowhere they probably are.

Kind of like the OK sign. If I ask someone how their meal is while they are eating and they hold up the ok sign, I'm probably not going to think anything of it, but if they have up the sign in a photo it's pretty damn suspect.

Yeah. Context.

Otherwise they can just strip you of whatever the fuck they want. Don't give it to them.