SlayerSaint

Jan 6, 2019
I am completely stunned man. RIP to Kobe, Gigi, and the other 3 unconfirmed passengers. I hope none of his other daughters were involved, the fact that Gigi was there is bad enough. :(

RIP to a legend man. Every day I take the trash out and when I chunk it I yell "Kobe!". I do it when I throw grenades in a game. I do it when I'm throwing a wadded piece of paper into the trash. Absolute legend gone too young, and his daughter gone WAY too young. So sad...

Deleted member 42055

User requested account closure
Banned
Apr 12, 2018
This hits a lot different being from and in LA and seeing him at his height, going to the three peat parade… Damn man

Vestal

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Tampa FL
2 children just starting their lives died as well. What the fuck is wrong with this life.
I can't even imagine how both families try to come back from this.

FUCK. My heart goes out to their families and friends. Truly fucking tragic

TheBaldwin

Feb 25, 2018
His daughter dying as well is breaking me.

there videos together trainingetc are so cute and inspiring.

absolutely tragic. No words

Blader

Oct 27, 2017
So is it confirmed that his other daughters are safe?
Sounds like the other three deaths were another parent and their child, and I assume the pilot, so hopefully yes.

Still. Two families just devastated today. Cannot imagine losing a parent/partner and a child/sibling all at once.

Garble Slew

Oct 27, 2017
Atlanta, Georgia
I've never had the slightest interest in basketball but Kobe was a known legend even to someone like myself as well as a huge inspiration to so many people. Fucking tragic. RIP.

Durden

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
One of those figures that transcended their medium just naturally. Not a big sports fan, but that doesn't matter. Kobe was something to everybody regardless of your interest. So sad about his daughter...

ClutchAnderson

"This guy are sick"
Oct 27, 2017
Southern California
I am unbelievably saddened and cannot imagine the pain his family must be going through. I'm a huge Laker hater but always respected his game. RIP Kobe, Gigi and whomever else perished

HMD

Oct 26, 2017
My family and I were literally planning to go in a Helicopter tour next month, I don't think I can it sounds too dangerous.

NESpowerhouse

Oct 25, 2017
Virginia
I didn't even really follow that much Pro Basketball, but when I was little, the figures that I immediately thought of when thinking of the sport were Michael Jordan and Kobe Bryant. Crazy how one of those monumental figureheads is just gone. This whole thing reminds me of when Michael Jackson and Prince died. Just so sudden and equally as tragic.

I still remember watching his last game only a few years ago.

RIP

jbug617

Oct 25, 2017
EPPG2CYW4AIkS01

Dispatch

Oct 25, 2017
I just watched an Instagram post of Gianna and Kobe balling the other day. Horribly tragic, just awful.

As so many said, 41 is tragic, but 13 is just horrific.

Josh5890

I'm Your Favorite Poster's Favorite Poster
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
CBS just said they haven't confirmed who the other passengers were in the crash.

Please God, don't let it be his daughters.

chuckddd

Oct 25, 2017
Well, shit. Terrible day. RIP Kobe and Gigi.

I had Kobe's 81 point game saved on the tivo for the longest time. Eventually, the HDD died and my dad had to send that shit back to DirecTV. I must have watched that game 20 times. I only own one NBA Jersey and it's a Bryant #8. If i can figure out a way to wear it and stay warm, I'll rock it in tribute the rest of the week.

Seesaw15

Oct 27, 2017
Can people not read the room and understand that there is a time and a place for things? This isn't like bringing up gun control after a mass shooting. Kobe's controversial past has absolutely nothing to do with his death and the death of multiple children and parents.

Prolepro

Ghostwire: BooShock
Banned
Nov 6, 2017
Christ, I cant imagine a worse feeling in all of human experience than being the parent to have to try to comfort your child when you know youre likely both about to be killed

Fuck.

Mekanos

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 17, 2018
Can we please not post Trump tweets this is the absolute worst time to see that fucker

verygooster

Oct 25, 2017
New Jersey
This is one of the most shocking deaths in entertainment history. People who didn't follow basketball at all knew who Kobe was. People across the globe who don't speak a word of English knew who Kobe was. RIP absolutely devastating. I still can't believe it.

I think the last time my mom ever saw anything resembling an NBA game was in the late 90s (other than highlights on the news, etc) and even she's kinda shook by the news, especially with his daughter included.