• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

NinjaScooter

Oct 25, 2017
Obviously never good timing for something like this, but with yesterday all the news of LeBron passing him (while playing for his Lakers, against his hometown Sixers) just makes this whole thing extra eerie.

nicoga3000

Oct 25, 2017
Pretty insane. RIP.

I've been on a helicopter once doing a tour in Hawaii. It was fun and all, but I'll never do it again. I just felt too unsafe all things considered. The fact that there have been at least 2 helicopter accidents in 2020 (one killing like 6 or 8 in Hawaii and now this)...Sure, it can happen at any time and confirmation bias blah blah blah.

But yikes. It's one of the risks I'm not willing to take again.

Baji Boxer

Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
Not sure if there was anything to that at the time, or not. Regardless, I'm still in shock. I didn't have a strong opinion of him one way or another as a person, but he was still such a fixture throughout my adult life, and one of the greatest to ever play the game. It's fucking sureal given how young he was still.

shadow_shogun

Fallen Guardian
Oct 25, 2017
I was wondering Kotaku was posting about his 20 year career in video games. Horrible news. May he Rest in Peace.

grang

Nov 13, 2017
What the fuck

I wonder if they're going to make an announcement on ABC/ESPN, the Pro Bowl is literally about to start

Tagyhag

Oct 27, 2017
Jesus Christ, RIP.

Folks, try to enjoy every day, you just never know.

Also, I'll never get on a helicopter, fuck those death machines.

Blader

Oct 27, 2017
Holy fucking shit.

I thought the other thread was a joke or fake at first. This is so bizarre I don't even know what to think. Unfuckingbelievable.

Afrikan

Oct 28, 2017
My younger Brother worships Kobe...watches all his interviews from years past...breakdowns... etc. I just found about this and went to see him.. and he still doesn't believe it yet, just scrolling his phone to find out if fake. He's 27 now so he might handle it better than I'm expecting...but don't know.

I can hear the neighbor through the bedroom wall just finding out. He's just like "what whaaat noo nooooo"

I still remember a young Kobe with the fro trying to compete with the best on the court.

Seeing him at a game recently with his daughter. 😔

Greg NYC3

Oct 26, 2017
Miami
Goddammitt this is so sad. 2020 is a off to an awful start, reminds me of 2016 all over again losing Bowie and Prince back to back.

RIP to everyone lost 💔

PRBoricua23

Oct 27, 2017
Michigan
I can't fucking breathe right now, this is absolute insanity. The DAY after LeBron passes him in scoring.

I'm so sad for his family, oh my God what a loss.

bionic77

Oct 25, 2017
Kobe was one of my favorite athletes and probably my favorite basketball player.

Really sad news. Especially for his family. Sucks to lose one of your parents at any age.

RR30

Oct 22, 2018
Absolutely shocking news. I hope his kids weren't with him on the helicopter. Just one of those that stop you in your tracks when you read it.

Deleted member 58401

User requested account closure
Banned
Jul 7, 2019
I was literally talking about him (LeBron passing him) with my dad right before I hung up and saw this. As a Lakers fan, and basketball fan, this sucks.

To the "isn't he a rapist?" person, his next 40 years maybe wouldn't have erased the scandal, but he was doing so many good things. Now we won't get the rest of what he had to offer.

Last edited: