Status
Not open for further replies.

Syriel

Banned
Dec 13, 2017
Remember the NYC woman who setup the fake "Tinder Trap" stunt by pretending to date 200 men?

The model who duped hundreds of dudes into showing up for a phony Tinder date in Union Square refused to apologize Thursday — and painted herself as the victim.

"I'm taking all the hits right now," Instagram model and actress Natasha Aponte whined on ABC's "Good Morning America."

Source:
https://nypost.com/2018/08/23/tinder-trap-model-claims-shes-the-victim-after-duping-guys/

bremon

Oct 27, 2017
How many hits is she taking? 200? As long as they aren't physical then...boo boo; she deserves to get dumped on online. Don't mislead people.

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
"stop noticing me" yells talking tree currently on fire

Deleted member 15326

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
No doubt she's probably getting a shit ton of harassment but

Don't do "social experiments"

Ed: and she got a national tv appearance out of it, sounds like she's on brand

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
"Saying it was a "social experiment" to highlight the problem with online dating which is that people like herself exist."

VeePs

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
According to the NBC article a guy tweeted "I went home" and then jokingly said "I trust no one."

Doesn't seem to go much further than that.

I didn't read the article or watch the video, but tbh I wouldn't be surprised if online men got pissed and harassed her.

With that said that's just the social media age we live in. People do something shitty or something people don't like expect comments in your mailbox. You could be Trump, you could be the Pope, it happens.

She did a shitty thing and she should own up to it. The comments would probably die down within a week and people will move on (probably less tbh).

Mr. X

Oct 25, 2017
This was the next step of the YouTube 'prank' where it's actually just being mean and/or cruel to strangers to the point where they might beat you up or call police.

Van Bur3n

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Maybe if you had brought Twister to your gathering, it would be easier to sympathize. But look where we are.

I still don't understand what the "experiment" was, besides showing certain dudes are thirsty enough to play games to get a girl.

Nacho

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
I don't think she was the one who actually set this up, she was hired. No?

The whole thing is stupid and literally set up to be some viral shit but they forgot to pretend there was a point to it.

Oct 27, 2017
"Just a social experiment, bro!"

Fucking hate people who hide behind this excuse for their craven behavior.

On a slightly related note, I know a lot of people were super pissed in the previous thread about her Puerto Rican Trump supporter call out. In the video she actually states something along the lines of, "don't expect to date a Puerto Rican girl if you defend Trump." So no, she wasn't being weirdly racist, she was just calling out her fellow people who supported Trump.

Oct 25, 2017
The "it's just a prank/social experiment/actually, it's art" defenses are tired and cliche at this point. Personally, I think the more amazing thing is they spent two years preparing this dumb stunt. That's the best you came up with in that time?

I'd love to know what the original plan to capitalize on this was, before it blew up in their faces. Waiting to release the video and make a statement for days reeks of pivoting last minute.

Futureman

Oct 26, 2017
Looks like last month and earlier she was getting around 300-400 likes per Instagram post. Now she's around 1,000.

Job well done I guess!

caliph95

Oct 25, 2017
"Social experiment"

Oh fuck you

It's definitely not the worst thing someone on the internet has done but its fucking shitty, I'm sure at least some of the guys were amused by it she still invited people on false pretenses and wanted their time

Oct 25, 2017
Taking hits?
Yeah, people do tend to shit back on you when you literally make an event to shit on 200 people at once in desperation for attention.

What happens when you play stupid games, everybody?

Last edited:

TemplaerDude

Oct 25, 2017
I don't like the idea of people thinking it's okay to waste other people's time so they can post a "social experiment" to YouTube. Reaction to this needs to be tempered with the reality that no one was really hurt by this and it's relatively innocent, however all this act really succeeds in doing is pumping her visibility and getting her clicks and making her money. You could argue that it's "only" at expense of the egos of 200 random people but these guys didn't ask for this and weren't warned, they did nothing other than use the app as it was meant to be used.

Instro

Oct 25, 2017
She seems terrible, but I would assume that she is probably facing extreme harrassment at this point given the media attention(i.e. death threats, doxxing, etc). The whole story seems stupid though, I'm not sure why anyone is even giving her the attention for doing this.

Oct 25, 2017
Wow, it's amazing that we learned that people will want to go out with people they like if they say "hey lets go on a date", absolute shock!

Status
Not open for further replies.