Tavernade

Tavernade
Sep 18, 2018
I remember really liking just how much the Court of Owls kicked Batman's ass in his first run in with them (in the comics). It made them feel like a genuine threat, and it took a couple issues for him to even escape them.

Spinluck

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Chicago
In TDKR Bane is taunting Batman the entire time as he completely rips him apart.

Probably the highlight of that movie as far as setting up Bane as a threat goes.

Last edited:

Bowling Pin

One Winged Slayer
Dec 9, 2017
pmYkmxb.jpg

The protagonists being the free world.

Deleted member 11046

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I skipped the 4th season of Korra, so this thread was my first time seeing the Avatar fight Kuvira. Y'all weren't kidding, whew. Korra didn't just get bodied, she got utterly stomped. Not even Zuko got humiliated that badly when he fought his father.

I couldn't even finish that fight scene because I was so embarrassed for her.

Jun 18, 2018
Going all Cold War, but Alec Lemas in The Spy Who Came In From The Cold (book & film). And whilst not Bond's end, having his wife killed in a drive by on their wedding day was a brave way to end a Bond movie.

Laurence Fishburne's character at the end of Event Horizon was great too, a descent that is the mirror opposite of Dave Bowman's transcendence at the end of 2001.

And the ending to both Solaris films is tragic but fitting.

Temp_User

Oct 30, 2017
When it comes to super-heroes getting curb-stomped, first thing that comes to my mind is Morlun vs Spider-man:

spidermanmorlunb15.jpg

spidermanmorlunb16.jpg

spidermanmorlunb17.jpg

spidermanmorlunb18.jpg

pbayne

Corrupted by Vengeance
Oct 27, 2017

It was obvious Ippo was going to lose but surely the main character's strongest attack would at least make the champion do something as basic as take a step back or reposition himself, right!? Right!?

Ippo was sort an ass here and deserved to be put in his place
Trying to turn an exhibition spar and a friendly enough PR gesture from the world champion into something serious like what a twat. What if he actually connected and jepordised a world title match?

caliph95

Oct 25, 2017
I remember really liking just how much the Court of Owls kicked Batman's ass in his first run in with them (in the comics). It made them feel like a genuine threat, and it took a couple issues for him to even escape them.
After that they just became another villain organizations and their Talons went from one giving Batman the fight of his life and afterwards they're basically hand ninjas

hikarutilmitt

"This guy are sick"
Dec 16, 2017

This shit is really fucked up.

It's pretty nightmare inducing, yeah. I mean, he's the protagonist and it's REALLY early in the movie but it certainly sets the tone watching a dude get turned into hamburger. At the same time, it's definitely Verhoeven in the "best" way once he started doing action movies for Hollywood.

Zache

Unshakable Resolve
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Happens like every ten chapters in Chainsaw Man

but this entire encounter was incredible
HsWSMl3.jpg

smurfx

Oct 25, 2017
sasuke getting his ass beat by killer bee. you know sasuke was the real protagonist of the story.

Mobius 1

Oct 27, 2017
North Point, Osean Federation
I don't share OP's perspective of "enjoyment", but I understand what they were trying to convey - the Eclipse in Berserk was harrowing and impactful to me in ways few other events in fiction have been. I had to put the book down for a while.

mrmickfran

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Gongaga
My favorites:

One Piece:
Luffy vs. Kaido (Kaido wins)

Dragon Ball:
Goku vs. Hit (Hit wins)
Vegeta vs. Android 18 (18 whoops his ass)

Techno