• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

rusty chrome

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
"Yeah well it's racist to tell me I can't use the word because I'm white!" I've seen so many people using this absurd logic. It's like that scene in Clerks 2.

Akira86

Oct 25, 2017
My parents said it, why can't I

wtf kind of argument is this for a grown ass man
And my parents bought a house in their 20s. He just wants to be able to say a simple "word".

No one's stopping him. He just wants to say it and not face any consequences.
I say let him say it. But he has to say it loudly, frantically screaming it directly into the face of a frightened Jonathan Taylor-Thomas

Deleted member 896

User Requested Account Deletion
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
He should star in Clint Eastwood's new film, The Mule

Because he was a drug mule and is a cokehead

D8jR4evU0AEIy7j.jpg:large

RedMercury

Blue Venus
Dec 24, 2017
You can't even go back and talk about the book [Pryor] wrote," Allen said to the ladies.

Oh you mean the book you just talked about you fucking idiot

JDSN

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Someone is about to get an invite for Comedians in Cars getting Coffee, cos Seinfeld loooves to talk about that shit.

Xiaomi

Oct 25, 2017
"Richard Pryor said..." is the MLK defense for white comics. He would of course have told them to shut the fuck up.

Tagyhag

Oct 27, 2017
The parents excuse is weird. Back then there was also segregation, does Tim want that back as well?

Deleted member 21411

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I have been waiting for years for Tim Allen to get thrown under the bus, and he just fucking does it to himself and god im disappointed

Common Knowledge

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
In a better timeline Tim Allen lived most of his life in prison like he was going to instead of becoming an actor.

sapien85

Banned
Nov 8, 2017
It's not about racism guys! But for some reason the most racist word keeps getting brought up as the example of PC culture gone overboard.

Kasai

Jan 24, 2018
Tim Allen on Home Improvement was basically a surrogate father to me growing up, since I didn't have a male figure in my early life.

I've known he's been shit for a few years now, but goddamn man. Have at least the appearance of self respect.

Calvinien

Banned
Jul 13, 2019
I kind of have a perverse respect for the fact that he's willing to outight say that he wants to say the n word again. Like 99% of the time people who bitch about 'language policing' or being overly pc or whatever clearly are just mad they cant say the n word anymore. It's almost refreshing to hear someone admit it.

It would be like hearing a trump supporter say "ok I know he's stupid and incompetent, but he hates the people I hate and that's all that matters to me". They still suck but at least there's an iota of self awareness.

devenger

The Fallen
Oct 29, 2017
There's an oral history of Galaxy Quest somewhere, and the cast say Tim acted exactly like his character, in people's faces, full of shit, annoying everyone.

I would love to hear the comedic intent behind his use of the N word.

BobLoblaw

This Guy Helps
Oct 27, 2017
If your race-based "joke" can't be funny without using racial slurs, then you must be a shit comedian.

Calvinien

Banned
Jul 13, 2019
Tim Allen on Home Improvement was basically a surrogate father to me growing up, since I didn't have a male figure in my early life.

I've known he's been shit for a few years now, but goddamn man. Have at least the appearance of self respect.

Who would have guessed that homer simpson would be one of better role models among 80-90s sitcome dads . His show sucks now but at least Dan Castellanetta isn't running about raping people or saying the n word.

night814

One Winged Slayer
Oct 29, 2017
Pennsylvania
Allen has always been a terribly unfunny comedian who comes off as a hack at best. He's always sucked and this just adds too it, fuck him.

Kasey

Nov 1, 2017
Boise
White people complaining about PC culture are pretty much just whining they aren't allowed to drop the N bomb when the coloreds get to use it freely.

Lundren

Oct 27, 2017
Not only did he invoke Pryor's name, but he made the same stupid argument that you can't watch Blazing Saddles without looking over your shoulders.

This guy who just did a 44 city comedy tour has no idea how comedy works.

Every comedian crying about how they can't do the same material they've been doing for 30 years is a fucking moron who needs to understand that times changes and comedy changes. Comedy has changed many times and will continue to change in the future.

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
Hot take Get Out is more scathing than Blazing Saddles