• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017

ENsw3_rXYAAJEio

Following this snafu, I was able to confirm with several insiders about the actual ports on the current early iterations of the hardware. Keep in mind, these may not be final and are subject to change but do come from multiple people familiar with the hardware.

As it stands right now, the series X features, on the back of the hardware, two USB-A ports (of the SuperSpeed variety), ethernet, a single HDMI port, optical audio, and a power connection. There is also another port on the back that may be used for debugging but there wasn't an agreement on the nature of its functionality. The image at the top of this post shows a basic outline of how those ports appear on the actual hardware.

Also, on the back of the device are openings for air intake as well; all of the ports are located on the lower half of the hardware. Keep in mind, there is also a USB-A port on the front of the console but for now, it looks like Microsoft is sticking with the older USB style port.

I do wish that the series X would use Type-C as that is where the market is headed and is more user-friendly but that's not currently be used on the early hardware iterations. As always, these ports could change before release but that's what I am hearing the series X is using today.

tapedeck

Oct 28, 2017
Vents on the back confirmed? I'd assumed as much but would be nice to know for sure.

Edit: I see they do reference the air intakes in the article.

The Albatross

Oct 25, 2017
As this article states, this isn't final, it's just the reported design of the early dev units and the configuration and available ports are all subject to change.

This was written by Thurrot because of AMD releasing a fan render of an Xbox Series X in their presentation yesterday not knowing it wasn't legit.

The drawing is just an artists imagination of what it *could* look like

logash

Oct 27, 2017
Okay that looks more legit. It felt off that there were no vents on the AMD render.

Gif

Dec 20, 2019
Lol the CES AMD conference couldn't even tell us the ports.

Not really on topic, but I didn't know where to post this.

Has the top green bit shown in the trailer been confirmed as an LED light or could It be a green panel?

Kibbles

Oct 25, 2017
What's the blue and green lines and shit? And the other varying size ports besides the optical hdmi and usbs? Weird way to show a sketch and not elaborate.

Zips

Oct 25, 2017
Is the bottom right supposed to be power or an actual USB Type-C port?

If it's power, that's disappointing. These new consoles need to embrace Type-C already.

komaruR

Oct 28, 2017
http://www.twitch.tv/komarur
if that ovalish port not usbc then its probably power. and if ita power with that shape instead of the current power cable we have for internal psu, then it means its following the external power brick again

Azerth

Prophet of Truth - Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
if that ovalish port not usbc then its probably power. and if ita power with that shape instead of the current power cable we have for internal psu, then it means its following the external power brick again
it looks the same as the 1x so its internal

Windu

Oct 25, 2017
Didn't they say the new controllers were usb type c? Or am I just misremembering that?

m23

Oct 25, 2017
I guess we know now that it won't have an external power brick at least.