• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Cuburger

Oct 28, 2017
Green Goblin
New Goblin
Sandman
Venom
Lizard
Terrible Green Goblin
Terrible Rhino
Vulture
Scorpion
Mysterio

I think that's all the other villains from the films, not including the two confirmed so far. Dafoe would be awesome but honestly I'd be pretty happy with any of these actors getting another shot, with the exception of Topher Grace who I really didn't like, nor did I think he suited the role.
Topher was great casting only in the sense of being a mirror to Toby's Peter, but really didn't fit well as Eddie/Venom. He might have made a good Flash Thompson or something.

More_Badass

Oct 25, 2017
They're really pulling a Thor Ragnarok with Spidey 3, huh?

The end of Far From Home seemed like a great jump-off for a Peter coming into his own as the solo Manhattan-swinging Spider-Man. But that's definitely not happening now

Diogo Arez

One Winged Slayer
Oct 20, 2020
Yo these guys with 1000% better CGI...omg!!! The fights are gonna be insane.

Tobey DA GOD will be back!!
Better CG sure but I don't know if it'll be as good as the practical effects on Spider-Man 2, that movie aged a bit with its CG but it still won an Oscar and those practical effects were incredible at the time

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
No, you're not. I wanted to see more of a MCU's Spider-Man focused story alone for this next movie before seeing any of this news.

But nostalgia is a powerful thing.

It's just such a shame that potentially the last MCU Spider-Man film could be bogged down by baggage from other, DEAD Spider-Man film franchises.

We can't have one Spidey trilogy that isn't fucked up somehow, huh?

Sou Da

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Also SM2's MJ plot is bad and her abandoning her fiance at the altar is a comically immature plot that feels more storyboarded than written.

data west

Oct 25, 2017
Nothing in this will be as good as the surgery scene in Spider-Man 2

I legit couldn't believe what I was seeing when I saw that.

WadiumArcadium

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
UK
I still love Spider-Man 2 and Molina was great, but I have my doubts about this all coming together in a satisfying way.

BWoog

Oct 27, 2017

The end of Far From Home seemed like a great jump-off for a Peter coming into his own as the solo Manhattan-swinging Spider-Man. But that's definitely not happening now

I mean Ragnarok was one of the best MCU movies so I'll take it.

Diogo Arez

One Winged Slayer
Oct 20, 2020
Mods Please ban

The practical effects and action sequences in all three Raimi-Man films is better than anything Disney has done
Same here, those practical effects are still way above Disney Spidey stuff, even the suit is CG in most scenes for some reason.
Overall they have decent CG but then I look at the final fight in Black Panther and I shiver.

RedHeat

Oct 25, 2017
giphy.gif

LinkStrikesBack

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017

Not a single MCU film has the films after maybe the first in the trilogy as a solo film, I don't know why you would have thought that would change.

RedHeat

Oct 25, 2017

Jencks

Oct 25, 2017
Not sure what to think. A lot of what made Molina so great as Doc Ock was Raimi's direction.

Sou Da

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I mean Ragnarok was one of the best MCU movies so I'll take it.
Someone once mentioned that Feige said he likes it when the third movies of the trilogy are substantially different.

Between Ragnarok, Civil War, and Ant-Man 3 being a Kang movie I can see that being true now.

Diogo Arez

One Winged Slayer
Oct 20, 2020
Sam Raimi. And not the old, company man Raimi that is about to make Doctor Strange 2. Peak Raimi at the height of his powers.
Peak Raimi is one of the few filmmakers that mixed humor and drama perfectly without it ever taking away from the scenes

I specifically said Disney SPIDEY stuff, the CG in those movies is largely unnecessary and not that good in stuff like suits

HeySeuss

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
MCU Spidey will be getting absolutely thrashed by the Sinister Six and then we'll get an "on your left" moment as Tobey/Garfield Spidey swing in to help
No way. Why would another universe version of Spiderman care if ours dies or not? There's an infinite number of realities so our Spiderman isn't special or deserving of a random rescue just because.

Solo

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I won't believe Tobey is in it until I see it or its at least officially announced. Dude a) has barely acted period in the past 5 years, b) was pretty happy to be done with the role, and c) is richer than he needs to be so there isn't really a financial incentive either.

Sou Da

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I won't believe Tobey is in it until I see it or its at least officially announced. Dude a) has barely acted period in the past 5 years, b) was pretty happy to be done with the role, and c) is richer than he needs to be so there isn't really a financial incentive tive either.
d) people don't like working with him, he's Gwyneth Paltrow tier.

Diogo Arez

One Winged Slayer
Oct 20, 2020
I won't believe Tobey is in it until I see it or its at least officially announced. Dude a) has barely acted period in the past 5 years, b) was pretty happy to be done with the role, and c) is richer than he needs to be so there isn't really a financial incentive tive either.
From what I heard he'll only play the role if he has substancial screen time, makes sense and I doubt he wouldn't since well his Spidey is a phenomenon to this day, if anything Garfield will be the one getting less screentime

Doggg

▲ Legend ▲
Nov 17, 2017
I was disappointed by the last two Spider-Man films, but this is getting kind of interesting.

Reizzz

Jun 19, 2019
I always wondered how they would establish the sinister six without a lack of character depth to them and this is the perfect solution.

bastardly

Nov 8, 2017
man, more i think about it, this might get even more dense if they choose to add in the Venom-verse too somehow.

Maximum Carnage with Holland and Hardy?

Star-Lord

Oct 25, 2017
I have so many questions! This movie is gonna be like 3 hours long right or two parter right?! I also wonder once they go this route will this be a one time type of situation with a cross over or will these villians be now part of holland's universe now.

Edge

A King's Landing
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany
Holland: So you guys made your own web shooters too?
Garfield: Yeah!
Maguire:....uh...yeah. Yep.

No no, Maguire will actually be the hero of the movie.

Holland: No, my god, my web shooters, I've run out of web fluid!
Garfield: I've run out of web fluid too!
Maguire: Don't worry, I never run out of this.

Sprints to the middle of the screen, his masterful theme plays at 150% audio and he saves the planet.

SnatcherHunter

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I REALLY hope Sony doesn't screw this up. After Spiderman 3, Feige won't be involve anymore. They can easily burn this to the ground if done wrong.

More_Badass

Oct 25, 2017
Not a single MCU film has the films after maybe the first in the trilogy as a solo film, I don't know why you would have thought that would change.
Not a solo film, but the set-up seemed like it was building toward one where the story is about him as a Spider-Man in MCU's Manhattan, coming into his own, cementing his identity

Also Ant-Man & The Wasp was basically 100% an Ant-Man + his characters movie, without other MCU heroes