• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 3896

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
'Grats on coming out, dude.

This story reminds me of a Scruff hookup I had in NYC. I got together with this guy who was so fucking hot and he felt familiar but I didn't recognize him, I thought maybe he was just someone I'd seen around town. We hooked up again and got to talking and he mentioned he was in a play in my neighborhood. I suddenly realized that he was the lead in an indie from a while back and I was super crushed out on him when that movie was out. He looked a bit different-- beard, salt & pepper hair, etc so that threw me off. We dated for a little while but ended up just being friends. I still kind of laugh that someone I was so hot for just popped into my life a decade later and I didn't even realize it.

Oct 30, 2017
He's apparently been busy or whatever (celebrity life....I dunno, lol) but we just FaceTimed. It's him. I was actually a little nervous. Damn he is gorgeous lol.
R087b1b41242e7d6c06f14237f58a0672

OP
OP
MIMIC

MIMIC

Dec 18, 2017
Jealous. I'm perpetually in gay online dating for my entire life, I guess. And with pandemic, it's even worse. 33 and 10 years no relationship, woohoo!

Actual online "dating" sucks. It's too exhausting and people play too many games in my experience. I'd prefer to meet someone in a bar or a restaurant or some other traditional place. But because of the pandemic, I'm waiting until late this year/next year to look for someone to "date." That's why I just hopped on Grindr for the time being. Everyone knows what they want (for the most part) and are more upfront about it. It's not a relationship, but it's something! lol

CarpeDeezNutz

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Lol my first thought when I saw this was "Oh MIMIC is gay" like some of the old gaf crowd.

I've never been approached by a celebrity but back in the myspace days this really attractive girl in a bikini messaged me out of the blue. I thought I was being catfished until she mentioned people we knew in common lol we met up a few times.

OP
OP
MIMIC

MIMIC

Dec 18, 2017
Just an update in case anyone cares, lol

So firstly, I doubt we were ever gonna hook-up (we didn't). He doesn't live in my area and he always seems super busy so coordinating a hook-up would be too much effort...even with a celebrity. Getting him to reveal his identity felt like pulling teeth (it happened over the course of 2 or 3 days), and he didn't start to respond to me until I stopped responding to him right away. Yeah it would have been fun, but I'm not *that* thirsty, lol. He asked me if I'm ever in his area, which suggested that he wanted me to travel to him....which would have been a lot. Honestly, he is one of the hottest guys I've ever seen, but since he lived in another area and isn't readily available to chat....I just kept things in perspective and figured it was never going to happen. If I traveled to him and he changed his mind, I'd feel so stupid. Getting stood up for a hook-up SUCKS.

Honestly, I just wanted to see if he was who he said he was (considering the distance). Hooking up was secondary (because of the effort it would have been).

So either he has moved on to another guy or just lost interest, but he completely blocked me. (IG, Grindr, and phone number)

Some here already know I live in Florida, so I might as well just say that the guy lives in Miami (or is at least *currently* in Miami)

(fake edit: now that I think of it, I do wonder why he messaged ME, someone who lives hundreds of miles from him instead of someone in HIS area. Maybe to prevent stalking?)

TL;dr: nothing happened

Van Bur3n

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Can you just give us a vague hint as to who it is by changing up there name, like oh, it's just some guy named Mac Hfron.

mnk

Nov 11, 2017

So firstly, I doubt we were ever gonna hook-up (we didn't). He doesn't live in my area and he always seems super busy so coordinating a hook-up would be too much effort...even with a celebrity. Getting him to reveal his identity felt like pulling teeth (it happened over the course of 2 or 3 days), and he didn't start to respond to me until I stopped responding to him right away. Yeah it would have been fun, but I'm not *that* thirsty, lol. He asked me if I'm ever in his area, which suggested that he wanted me to travel to him....which would have been a lot. Honestly, he is one of the hottest guys I've ever seen, but since he lived in another area and isn't readily available to chat....I just kept things in perspective and figured it was never going to happen. If I traveled to him and he changed his mind, I'd feel so stupid. Getting stood up for a hook-up SUCKS.

Honestly, I just wanted to see if he was who he said he was (considering the distance). Hooking up was secondary (because of the effort it would have been).

So either he has moved on to another guy or just lost interest, but he completely blocked me. (IG, Grindr, and phone number)

Some here already know I live in Florida, so I might as well just say that the guy lives in Miami (or is at least *currently* in Miami)

(fake edit: now that I think of it, I do wonder why he messaged ME, someone who lives hundreds of miles from him instead of someone in HIS area. Maybe to prevent stalking?)

Well if he's in the closet, maybe he just spooked himself by revealing his identity to you. Like he was bored and feeling daring, but later got scared.

Holmes

AVALANCHE
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Said he "currently" lives in Miami. Could be a professional athlete.
Could be. My initial thought was Maluma, and if you go on his instagram he has a video from 2 days ago of him driving in a vehicle around fans, which qualifies as having done "something" a few days ago. When I google him though it takes some scolling to come to a shirtless pic of him.

I really wanna know who it is lol.

OP
OP
MIMIC

MIMIC

Dec 18, 2017
Just tell us who it is then. šŸ˜œ

I'll just say that none of the guesses have been correct so far (but there was one relatively close guess).

Well if he's in the closet, maybe he just spooked himself by revealing his identity to you. Like he was bored and feeling daring, but later got scared.

Maybe. I didn't want to spook him off and ask him a bunch of questions (even though I was curious). I didn't ask him anything about his personal/private life.

Izzard

Banned
Sep 21, 2018
Maybe he read this thread and got spooked.

Two sad things to come from this, no gonzo sex and here we are in 2021 still with famous people having to hide who they actually are.

Poltergust

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Orlando, FL

Hundreds of miles away? Do you live in Orlando or Tampa or something? I'm not sure what the point is to message people that far away on these kinds of apps lol.

Nick

Oct 28, 2017
I'm pretty confident I spoke to Stephen Fry on Grindr once. Possibly a catfish but it lined up for when he was on tour here.

Angie

Best Avatar Thread Ever!
Nov 20, 2017
Kingdom of Corona
That is awesome OP. Congrats and please keep us updated.
I did had once one person pretending to be Justin Timberlake to DM me. But it was so obvious so fake, that I just trolled him for a bit for some laughs.

Raiden

Nov 6, 2017
I am just thinking that you're probably hella attractive if you're raking in models and celebrities.