Cheesebu

Wrong About Cheese
Sep 21, 2020
"I'll call my creation…Cheesecake."

People saying you would eat it…do you find yourself saying that about virtually anything?

steejee

Oct 28, 2017

Never gets old.

I do love how for the first say 20s it seems perfectly fine. Not like master dough prep but fine for a typical pizza shop. Then the toss that rips it sorta just sets off this chain of "WTF?" that keeps going.

I even try to be generous about the actual pizza and pretend it's some overloaded buffalo chicken dip pizza but it still has that neon orange sauce and the open-garbage-fire oven.

Then just the masterful trio of olives tossed on top at the end to cap it all off.

I think I'd probably take Altoona over that, since it seems less likely to have paint chips in it.

Bungie

Oct 31, 2017
Lotta y'all not from the USA I see

This is good old American pizza, 20 bucks a pop, get it whilst it's hot

Vilam

Oct 27, 2017
WhatsApp-Image-2020-07-14-at-4.08.16-PM-1.jpeg

Subway Brazil?

Shadybiz

Oct 27, 2017

Isilia

Mar 11, 2019
US: PA
I know I'm not visiting Altoona.

Though there is a place near me that uses cheese whiz on their cheese steaks.

Which means I have to move.

Coolluck

Oct 27, 2017
Listen. The South's crimes against humanity have let the Midwest get away with this shit for too long.

Calamari41

Oct 25, 2017
Somebody from some city is going to come in here all puffed up with pride talking about how THIS is the only TRUE pizza, and all other kinds are shitty and inferior

TheStebe

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
London
"Pasteurized cheese product"

Looks more like Reconstituted Whey (Milk), Palm Oil, Cheese (11%) (Milk) (contains Acidity Regulator: Lactic Acid), Milk Proteins, Modified Potato Starch, Emulsifying Salt (Sodium Polyphosphate), Calcium Phosphate, Flavouring (Milk), Whey Powder (Milk), Salt, Colours (Beta Carotene, Paprika Extract) to me 🤔😉

Deleted member 35509

Account closed at user request
Banned
Dec 6, 2017
Looks more like Reconstituted Whey (Milk), Palm Oil, Cheese (11%) (Milk) (contains Acidity Regulator: Lactic Acid), Milk Proteins, Modified Potato Starch, Emulsifying Salt (Sodium Polyphosphate), Calcium Phosphate, Flavouring (Milk), Whey Powder (Milk), Salt, Colours (Beta Carotene, Paprika Extract) to me 🤔😉

I'm lactose intolerant, can I eat this?

Oct 27, 2017
Ok seriously, I keep seeing this refereed to as a regional US thing, but what region is it?

I've lived in the South and Missouri/Kansas, traveled through the midwest and parts of the northeast, been up through the Dakotas, and down to Texas, and I've never seen pizza like that sold anywhere.

Deleted member 6263

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Can we all collectively agree that the people who vouch for this pizza monstrosity aren't allowed to have opinions on anything else from here on out?

thewienke

Oct 25, 2017
Has anyone ever tried to map out this weird corridor in the US where all the "regional" food is god awful?

So much great regional cuisine in the north and south, but then you hit the midline and you get St. Louis pizza, Cincinnati chili, and this monstrosity, among many others.

Altoona style. Ugh. The only regional pizza I could conceive of being worse than St. Louis style.

What St. Louis style and Altoona style have in common as their biggest crime is fucking with the mozzarella. We had to eat that cheddar cheese pizza shit for school lunch as kids which was bad enough. Slapping on American cheese and calling it a day is just wrong. American cheese has lots of good uses and pizza is exactly zero of them.

I love things like six cheese pizza but most places pick cheeses that mostly work with mozzarella instead of against it.

Jul 1, 2020
Never gets old.

I do love how for the first say 20s it seems perfectly fine. Not like master dough prep but fine for a typical pizza shop. Then the toss that rips it sorta just sets off this chain of "WTF?" that keeps going.

I even try to be generous about the actual pizza and pretend it's some overloaded buffalo chicken dip pizza but it still has that neon orange sauce and the open-garbage-fire oven.

Then just the masterful trio of olives tossed on top at the end to cap it all off.

I think I'd probably take Altoona over that, since it seems less likely to have paint chips in it.
It also looks like it has a pound of cheese on it along with the mystery goo and the sweet corn. he probably had to put it in an aluminum pan because if you tried to pick up a slice the toppings would just slide right off the floppy crust.

Shadybiz

Oct 27, 2017
Though there is a place near me that uses cheese whiz on their cheese steaks.

Which means I have to move.

Pat's and Geno's, two of the most famous cheesesteak places in the US, offer cheese whiz, so it's not unheard of. "I want a Whiz Wit." That means you want cheese whiz wit onions.

But, it's not the only option there.

bionic77

Oct 25, 2017
While the pizza in the op is undoubtedly disgusting I feel like you could get away with that in the 70s.

Food in the US has come a long fucking way in the last 40+ years.