Ryo

Oct 28, 2017
Spawntrapping people with the chopper gunner in MW2, the combination of the hitmarker sound repeating and the gun firing was so satisfying.

As far as startups go I'd have to agree with OP.

Last edited:

Deleted member 2099

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I love it, and Gamecube's one too.

HOLY SNAP, you guys! I... no no... WE'RE getting OLD! I'm crying. Ugh, man, those days with these consoles... THE FEELS are hitting me hard.

God, everything else in life continuously makes me feel young... but video games? My most favorite hobby ever? That's the only time I feel old... siiiiigh...

Syncro

Oct 27, 2017
Killzone chirp is great but the Uncharted multiplayer kill sound is still the most satisfying.

Listonosh

Oct 25, 2017
I gotta be honest, I haven't heard that PS1 boot up sound in sooooo long, I completely forgot how amazing it sounds. Thanks for the reminder OP =)

Shiki

Nov 30, 2017
All of these I agree with :)

However, the most satisfying sound ever has to be Chrono Trigger's Luminaire sound effect.

I was so pissed off when they changed the sound effect's pitch in the DS version, almost ruined it for me lol.

Forkball

Oct 25, 2017
PS2 has a way better start up than PS1. Not to mention the visuals. It's like you were going into the future. And the WHUHM sound from the logo.

Also

hibikase

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
The original PS3 startup orchestra tuning was perfect.

And then for some reason they changed it for a worse sounding version in firmware 3.0. I will never understand why.

Styrman

Nov 7, 2017
The Playstation and Konami sound makes me really nostalgic.
I also loved the "Sony Music Entertainment" sound that played when booting up Tenchu, but I can't find it on youtube.

ToD_

Oct 27, 2017
Without even thinking, what's the first thing you expect to follow this logo?:

LOTR

I have to agree with the PS1 intro. I did not own a PS1 at the time, yet the intro stuck with me. Too bad you just get the latter half on the Vita when playing PS1 titles. I'll happily sit through the entire thing.

Also, someone already posted it earlier, but the Capcom CPS2 QSound intros are great.

Maffis

Oct 29, 2017

Overwatch critical hit sound is pretty satisfying to hear. Couldn't find a better video of it though :P

eso76

Prophet of Truth
Dec 8, 2017
nah.
It's the sound of bursting a large lump of bubbled enemies in Bubble Bobble and it's not even close.

Rotimi

Dec 25, 2017
Jos , Nigeria
PS1 boot up sound is epic. But it can reach the height as the OP describes.

That sound could bring both joy and despair. Especially for me in Nigeria it brought a lot of despair.

ChickyNug

Oct 27, 2017

Sweet mother of fuck. The momentary delay between shooting and the connection combined with the hunting rifle...oooooh boy!

Shoutouts to the MGS1 Konami Jingle, the KZ2 chirp, the SOCOM 4 headshot sound (yes sir), and reloading an M1 Garand too.

Last edited: