• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

The Masked Mufti

The Wise Ones
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Scotland
Good? The form is a lazy recolor (maybe not even that) of SSJ2 and comes out of no where with no build up and the thought behind it is ridiculous and it looks ugly and lame as hell.
Why would it need a new design when it's a variant of SS2. As for the no build up, rage-based transformations isn't something new in the series. It's literally the basis for Super Saiyan. It's definitely not ugly, Trunks new look is pretty good, IMO.

Buckle

Oct 27, 2017
Super was fantastic and loved the Tournament of Power.

No idea why they brought back 17 though. One of the most boring characters in the series and he unfortunately got a lot of play in that arc.

Add him to the list of characters I never want to see again along with Frieza who is played out as fuck at this point.

LukeOP

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
LR7QCmA.gif

Karsha

May 1, 2020
Slide Kamehameha and the finale 3 on 1 vs Jiren for me, Goku coming forward with his hair turning gold and black was pretty hype.

Xia

Banned
Feb 1, 2020
DB Super threads sure lure Super haters to post.
As for the best scene, absolutely this one:

Also, I like ToP. Sure, it was long as heck, but I enjoyed how so many characters got a focus. Toppo going full GoD is underrated.

I KILL PXLS

Oct 25, 2017
Why would it need a new design when it's a variant of SS2. As for the no build up, rage-based transformations isn't something new in the series. It's literally the basis for Super Saiyan. It's definitely not ugly, Trunks new look is pretty good, IMO.
I don't like it either and I think it's because it feels unearned. It seems to be at least on par to Blue which is a crazy leap from where Future Trunks was at, on top of not looking very original. It's just a very confusing powerup both visually and narratively.

Durden

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
There's a shit ton of great scenes in DBS. It's not as cohesive as Z/DB as a whole, but it has some of the best moments in the entire series.

Way too hard for me to pick just one. I'll just refer back to a thread I made a long time ago that has a lot of great moments in it, and breaks down what I feel is one of the best singular episodes of DB ever.

www.resetera.com

Dragon Ball Super legit has some of the best episodes of Dragon Ball period

MORE DRAGON BALL FOR ERA!! Also there will be spoilers! Anyway, DBS has a fairly mixed reception from a lot of the fanbase. Some fans love it, some fans hate it. Some fans enjoy it but still think some of it's bullshit, some fans just depise blue hair with a passion for some reason. But...

Nov 17, 2017
I hated this then and I hate it now

Goku can use instant transmission and her beam looks like a Twirl. Won't even comment on Kefla.
Having Goku skillfully glide on top of the energy beam was not only unexpected but much more interesting from a visual standpoint than Goku briefly vanishing and then reappearing to strike his opponent like every single fighter in DBZ does. That whole scene was a great action setpiece because of the physical build up. Instant transmission would just be unimpressive without any of the tension or build up.

Maffis

Oct 29, 2017

This one for me. Goku getting 1-tapped by weird powers, how he slowly realise that with one punch he basically got killed.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Nah best for me is when beerus says "He's coming" when Goku returns as Ultra Instinct

I also loved the moment when Beerus turns away after Universe 6 is eliminated to silently mourn his brother being erased

For a series that makes it hard to still get emotional about it nowadays, that was very well done.

sph3re

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
I hated this then and I hate it now

Goku can use instant transmission and her beam looks like a Twirl. Won't even comment on Kefla.
Should it be a solid beam of light like every other fucking beam attack in Dragon Ball

That sounds aggressive, but it's directed at the boring powerups and attacks in DBZ and not you

alpha

Oct 25, 2017
When Goku first triggered UI Omen with the music and everything, that I think was the best scene. Kefla getting Tony Hawk'd into oblivion later was also pretty good lol.

Neo-Saiyan

Oct 27, 2017
Birmingham, UK
best powerup scene is the first ultra instinct transformation

best scene overall is this

Came in hoping someone would post that scene, wasn't disappointed 👍

I remember seeing that scene for the first time and how pumped it got me, still gives me goosebumps now!

There was also a video of an audience reaction to that scene around the time this episode aired which was also hyped as fuck, anyone got a link to that?

Injustice45

Oct 29, 2017
Came in hoping someone would post that scene, wasn't disappointed 👍

I remember seeing that scene for the first time and how pumped it got me, still gives me goosebumps now!

There was also a video of an audience reaction to that scene around the time this episode aired which was also hyped as fuck, anyone got a link to that?

KamenSenshi

Nov 27, 2017
Having Goku skillfully glide on top of the energy beam was not only unexpected but much more interesting from a visual standpoint than Goku briefly vanishing and then reappearing to strike his opponent like every single fighter in DBZ does. That whole scene was a great action setpiece because of the physical build up. Instant transmission would just be unimpressive without any of the tension or build up.
That and they made a point to have her mention his go to instant transmission attack wouldn't work again. Kind makes sense if she's kinda that universe Goku, but also Freiza made a point to mock that move when he was fighting the Yardrat.

Vito

One Winged Slayer - Formerly Undead Fantasy
Oct 25, 2017

This is the one for me. Not only for Super but the entire franchise.

You can tell Goku was absolutely furious since after beating up Black he straight up tried to murder him.

He has never done this before.

Rutger

Oct 25, 2017
Eh, it's a cool idea with nice animation, but the whole Kefla vs UI Goku fight lacks any impact for me thanks the ToP not being able to help itself from over glorifying Goku making the conclusion painfully obvious, and the Gimmick of UI telling us there's not going to be any real fight as Goku auto dodges everything, erasing what little tension the fight had left. The scene was a pretty bad action setpiece.

Strat

"This guy are sick"
Apr 8, 2018
Literally the only thing worth a shit in all of Super's paint-by-numbers, zero stakes snooze fest is Goku grinding that one blast from the girl Saiyan and point-blank blowing her away.