Ithil

Oct 25, 2017
coFsKQx.gif

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
Somehow missed this. Gaim is a weird project where every idea they had they threw in but somehow gave meaning and it creates a dance fruit battle of religion that you care about.

It got me into Toku.
Micchi is the "Ain't my fault" MvP. How he escaped with not one bit of karma is amazing, folks that did a lot less than him ended up dead or worse

jwk94

Oct 25, 2017
Last edited:

B.K.

Oct 31, 2017
I knew it always was a good idea to drop Gotham after 2 episodes

What? That was a great scene. Gotham is a really good show, from season two on. It's a really cheesy and campy show, but the writers know that and they play it up. They know exactly what kind of show it is.

Oct 25, 2017
AoS and Legion are the two best. I like them both for different reasons, but Legion is probably the most well made superhero show I've seen.

The Netflix stuff was okay, Daredevil Season 1 was the only really good season. Jessica Jones is fine, and Luke Cage is good until Not Sam Jackson shows up. Everything else sucks aside from the Punisher bits of DD season 2.

I dropped all the CW shows when I realized I was watching 4 hours of them a week just to stay up to date, and I wasn't really enjoying any of them (Supposedly Arrow and LoT got better when I stopped watching though)

Haven't seen The Gifted or Gotham

azeke

Oct 30, 2017
Astana, Kazakhstan
Legends of Tomorrow had Jonh Noble as John Noble as Denethor on the set of LOTR pretending to temporal demon voiced by John Noble.

In that same episode they also had Barack Obama, telepathic gorilla, earthbending, Ava the 13th clone and Damien Darhk joining the team.

Neophant

Oct 25, 2017
Gotham is its own brand of craziness that never ceases to amaze me how good looking the show is compared to just how insane it can be. My personal favourite comic book show on right now.

kmfdmpig

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
You need character builds because you cant spend all of your budget on effects.
If you did, then they would look terrible - like those japaneese sentai shows...
Yup, this is the crux of it right here.
Kevin Smith, who has directed a few Flash and Supergirl episodes, talks about this from time to time on Fatman on Batman. First, the show's writer's focus on heroics, heart, and humor. Second, all of the heroic shots are done with budgets in mind. Something like King Shark or Grodd's village, for example, would be above and beyond a normal episode's budget, so those were specially done with compromises elsewhere to make up the difference. The ratings are decent, but not great, so CW is not going to up the budget enough to add a lot more heroic special effect laden shots. Having a few people in a room talking about feelings or soap opera type stuff is cheap and if can make the viewer feel attached to the characters then it gives more stakes to the special effects spectacle part of the show.

Oct 25, 2017
tumblr_p6qoq0ZRH51va9vvro1_540.gif

tumblr_p6qoq0ZRH51va9vvro2_540.gif

Gotham is a magical experience.

Honestly its kinda like Legend of Tomorrow in that it just doesn't care how silly or ridiculous it is and yet unlike LoT plays it pretty straight and it also works well.
And while it does that it maintains incredibly high production quality as well as acting and writing.

Its works perfectly fine as a standard Batman prequel yet the show has so many twists and turns you never know where it will even go later in that episode.

Last edited:

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
AoS and Legion are the two best. I like them both for different reasons, but Legion is probably the most well made superhero show I've seen.

The Netflix stuff was okay, Daredevil Season 1 was the only really good season. Jessica Jones is fine, and Luke Cage is good until Not Sam Jackson shows up. Everything else sucks aside from the Punisher bits of DD season 2.

I dropped all the CW shows when I realized I was watching 4 hours of them a week just to stay up to date, and I wasn't really enjoying any of them (Supposedly Arrow and LoT got better when I stopped watching though)

Haven't seen The Gifted or Gotham

AoS is still the best overall. I could see it tying with AoS now that its 2nd season has finally started, because beforehand, could never put it over AoS when it only had one season in its belt. More or less in 2nd place though due to fantastic, crazy visuals, and an inspired choice for its villain.

Netflix stuff is so hit-and-miss nowadays, things have changed so much since DDS1 and JJS1 being the best things ever. I liked their 2nd seasons to varying degrees, Luke Cake's 2nd half was not good, Iron Fist... we don't talk about that. Defenders, wow, did not live up to the hype at all. Punisher was surprisingly great, 2nd half really picked up. But yea overall, basically I just look for the Netflix shows to pleasantly surprise me, rather than assume they'll be amazing.

Flash hasn't been solid since S1. Like it might have the occasional decent episode, but overall the seasons just never pan out well. Legends is amazing since S2 due to it not taking itself seriously, cast and its humor are very much on point. (Low-key it's my real 2nd favorite over Legion) Arrow had a great season in S5, but the ongoing one is bland as hell, so pretty much back to normal. Supergirl has never had a good season. Black Lightning's new, it's actually having a great first season, even better than Flash S1. Love it just as much as Legends.

Never bothered with The Gifted, Runaways, and I defnitely didn't play myself and watch Inhumans. Dropped Gotham a long ass time ago.

m43lstr0m

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I love the CW shows, but the only one that's consistently awesome is Legends of Tomorrow. Black Lightning is great so far in season 1. But so was The Flash, and that's about it. Arrow was great in season 2 and 5. Arrow and Flash need shorter seasons so they stop treading water and using filler time dealing with CW youth appealing relationship drama crap. blah!

Wingfan19

Layout Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Bothell WA
The shows that finally know what they are and are great to amazing this season are as follows...

SHIELD
Legends of Tomorrow
Gotham
Black Lightning

EDIT - Forgot about Legion for a second, add that to the list.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
AoS is still the best overall. I could see it tying with AoS now that its 2nd season has finally started, because beforehand, could never put it over AoS when it only had one season in its belt. More or less in 2nd place though due to fantastic, crazy visuals, and an inspired choice for its villain.

Netflix stuff is so hit-and-miss nowadays, things have changed so much since DDS1 and JJS1 being the best things ever. I liked their 2nd seasons to varying degrees, Luke Cake's 2nd half was not good, Iron Fist... we don't talk about that. Defenders, wow, did not live up to the hype at all. Punisher was surprisingly great, 2nd half really picked up. But yea overall, basically I just look for the Netflix shows to pleasantly surprise me, rather than assume they'll be amazing.

Flash hasn't been solid since S1. Like it might have the occasional decent episode, but overall the seasons just never pan out well. Legends is amazing since S2 due to it not taking itself seriously, cast and its humor are very much on point. (Low-key it's my real 2nd favorite over Legion) Arrow had a great season in S5, but the ongoing one is bland as hell, so pretty much back to normal. Supergirl has never had a good season. Black Lightning's new, it's actually having a great first season, even better than Flash S1. Love it just as much as Legends.

Never bothered with The Gifted, Runaways, and I defnitely didn't play myself and watch Inhumans. Dropped Gotham a long ass time ago.

I think Legion is the technically better of the two, but AoS holds a special place in my heart and it'll always probably be my true favorite. Legion just does a lot of things that are really unique to the genre that I really appreciate. I guess I'll see how I feel once season 2 ends.

Punisher seemed like it had the opposite problem of most Netflix shows and had a stronger back half then the front half. The episode in the hotel was legitimately really good. Some of the earlier stuff seemed to go on a bit too long though. Like I have no idea why it needed a whole episode for Frank to trust Micro. Also, that show really wants to say something about gun control, but it doesn't seem to actually know what it wants to say about it, which is frustrating.

I've always wondered if I should jump back into LoT without watching the rest of the CW shows, but I feel like that would be confusing with the crossovers, not to mention a lot of that shows cast comes from other CW shows.

I found the tone of Runaways to be actually really refreshing after The Punisher, and I honestly think it's a better use of peoples times then some of the Netflix shows, but it takes a bit to get moving. Season 2 seems promising at least. Inhumans is as bad as you've heard. I shouldn't of watched it, but I'm a fucking mad man who wants to watch everything in the MCU for some reason.

m43lstr0m

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Man, i'm behind about 6-8 episodes on Gotham, but damn Jerome is back and I need to catch up this weekend.

Gotham, Legends of Tomorrow, Agents of Shield, and Legion are the best comic shows on tv. The rest are hit or miss, depending on the season. But none of them are terrible.

Netflix Marvel i'm not even counting here. They have a lot of advantage being on a streaming service. Getting to release the entire season at once, no commercials or breaks midway through. As Rated R as they want to be. Film quality production values.

lordlad

Banned for trolling with an alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Singapore
I don't think the West will stand for Fisher Price style utility belts, as much as I'd like that.

LMAO...that's one of the thing i can't stand post 2000s Kamen Rider...i grew up with Kamen Rider Black in the 90s...i don't understand how the Old Kamen Rider's utilities looked better than the current ones? I know the point of Kamen Rider is to sell toys but the weapon doesn't have to be literally plastic toys, mate!

Oct 25, 2017
Gotham is absolutely amazing and second only to Legion for comic book shows and yes I watch every single comic book show. If I didn't love X-men so much Gotham would be tops for sure.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I think Legion is the technically better of the two, but AoS holds a special place in my heart and it'll always probably be my true favorite. Legion just does a lot of things that are really unique to the genre that I really appreciate. I guess I'll see how I feel once season 2 ends.

Honestly, it's all Season 4's fault. That was just 22 episodes of perfection. Get me a comic book show that has a season that surpasses that, then we'll talk lol

I've always wondered if I should jump back into LoT without watching the rest of the CW shows, but I feel like that would be confusing with the crossovers, not to mention a lot of that shows cast comes from other CW shows.

I don't think it really matters, Legends basically gives all of them a new lease on life so to speak. Maybe you'd have some trouble if you literally never watched any of the other shows I guess.

Oct 25, 2017
Honestly, it's all Season 4's fault. That was just 22 episodes of perfection. Get me a comic book show that has a season that surpasses that, then we'll talk lol

I don't think it really matters, Legends basically gives all of them a new lease on life so to speak. Maybe you'd have some trouble if you literally never watched any of the other shows I guess.

Season 4 was such an amazing ride, and I still can't believe it exist. After every arc I thought the season peaked because of how good the arc was, only for the next arc to somehow top the previous one. It was almost surreal how good it was

bear force one

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Orlando
Nah. The CW Arrowverse is fantastic BECAUSE they aren't afraid to be supers shows. Black Lightning is the best supers show we've ever seen.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Season 4 was such an amazing ride, and I still can't believe it exist. After every arc I thought the season peaked because of how good the arc was, only for the next arc to somehow top the previous one. It was almost surreal how good it was

We need that 3 pod season to make a comeback

ZeroX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Speed Force
Legends of Tomorrow is the GOAT and I won't hear a word against it. Rest of the shows this season... not great. Black Lightning is solid though.

Also half of Daredevil S2 is like Arrow S3-tier, maybe worse. God I fucking hate the mystical side of that universe.

Metal B

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Looking in the thread, i thought people overlooked, how great Gotham is.
The first session is just medicore, but at the end of session the showmaker finally change their concept. From Monster of the Week to small story arcs, which helps the pacing and framing of the characters.

Right now Gotham's atmosphere and style is the perfect mix of some of the best Batman movies and series: The Film Noir influences of the Animated Series, the weirdness and brutally of the Tim Burton movies, the cheesiness of the 60s show and the Schumacher Movies, modern Comic Book plots (Professor Pyg and Court of Owls) and even some serious elements from the Nolan Trilogy. It's just fun to watch.

Deleted member 33

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 24, 2017
Looking in the thread, i thought people overlooked, how great Gotham is.
The first session is just medicore, but at the end of session the showmaker finally change their concept. From Monster of the Week to small story arcs, which helps the pacing and framing of the characters.

Right now Gotham's atmosphere and style is the perfect mix of some of the best Batman movies and series: The Film Noir influences of the Animated Series, the weirdness and brutally of the Tim Burton movies, the cheesiness of the 60s show and the Schumacher Movies, modern Comic Book plots (Professor Pyg and Court of Owls) and even some serious elements from the Nolan Trilogy. It's just fun to watch.

It's one of the few TV shows that actually feels like a comic book show.

Only Gotham would give you a scene where Professor Pyg breaks into song.

Deleted member 34949

Account closed at user request
Banned
Nov 30, 2017
Y'all are making me want to give AoS another shot with this S4 praise. Noped the fuck out of the show after S1 and didn't look back.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Y'all are making me want to give AoS another shot with this S4 praise. Noped the fuck out of the show after S1 and didn't look back.

It was always solid since the S1 twist. S2 and S3 were quality stuff. But S4 was just total 10/10 material, with ramifications are still being felt in the currently ongoing season. And though I always felt this about AoS, people who like to complain about the Netflix/Arrowverse shows' pacing need to know that it has nothing to do with the episode count. That will never be a good excuse thanks to AoS.

Bufbaf

Don't F5!
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Hamburg, Germany
AoS has pacing (except for it's rough start), character development, effects and continuity on lock. Plus the chemistry between the cast is mind-blowingly great.

I like the Netflix shows but Shield is so much better still.

Can't deal with the sheer silliness, stupidity and weak ass CW romance storyboarding of the DC offerings. I'll have to check out legion though.

Mighty Chin

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Glad to see Black Lightening getting some love. It's fantastic.

AOS is still the best (yes even the S1 first half episodes)

Gotham a show I thought for sure would fail is great in its own right.

Legends is getting worse, the lengths they went to to keep Firestorm apart is now being done to The Atom. Outside of Mick I got no reason to watch.

Flash and Arrow just seem to be going through the paces. Nothing groundbreaking going on anymore.

The Gifted is a show I'm really liking so far. Solid first season. Looking forward to more.

Runaways was a bit slow for me but got better as the season went. I sense budget restraint due to the Raptor.

Legion was such a fucked up show that I truly don't think I even get it still even after a second viewing. I'll see what Season 2 brings.