• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Blue Skies

Banned
Mar 27, 2019
I don't think anything gets more ads than:
Geico
All state
Progressive

Like, how often do people even change their insurance?

Maybe they should chill out with the spending on adds and lower their prices and then people would pick them since they're cheaper

Deleted member 1086

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Boise Area, Idaho
Geico has the best commercials usually, State Farm has the worst. I hate Aaron Rodgers and his stupid agent.

Mayhem dude is great, just love how happy he is to be a nuisance.

less

Oct 25, 2017

For car insurance? More than you can imagine. Insurance premiums can go up and/or another company may offer a better rate. There are plenty of people that can and will shop around.

I know less about home insurance so I can't say much about that but I wouldn't be surprised if a similar situation may be there as well.

Damaniel

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Portland, OR
I won't buy insurance from a company that advertises that much. Every dollar they spend on stupid ads is a dollar they aren't using to pay out claims, and I don't want to be the person that gets hit by a Geico member and then have to fight tooth and nail to get a payout because they spent too much animating a gecko to show off during a Super Bowl ad and not enough on their customer's claims.

Ryuelli

Oct 26, 2017
I'll look into changing my car insurance if I ever switch areas, but I'm extremely loyal to my insurance agent. He's been our families' go-to for 20+ years.

Izzy

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, car insurance shopping happens all the time. Some people switch every six months if they can save 40-50 bucks. Especially now at the start of the year, people do their taxes, look over the budgets, and it's a busy time in the industry. As a result the advertisement push gets real heavy right about now.

OP
OP
Blue Skies

Blue Skies

Banned
Mar 27, 2019
Yeah, car insurance shopping happens all the time. Some people switch every six months if they can save 40-50 bucks. Especially now at the start of the year, people do their taxes, look over the budgets, and it's a busy time in the industry. As a result the advertisement push gets real heavy right about now.
So you're saying I could save a certain percentage on my insurance by switching to

Izzy

Oct 25, 2017
So you're saying I could save a certain percentage on my insurance by switching to

In fact you might! Or you might not. Auto insurance pricing is complex, and can vary wildly from company to company. That's part of what causes people to shop, and sometimes shop often. Some states/areas are particularly difficult to underwrite.

But the reality is that there's only ever X number of cars out there to insure, and in order for one company to get business, they generally have to take it away from another company. Advertising less often only means that there's a possibility that customers will forget about you ( I know it sounds ridiculous given how much advertisement there is, but that's what they fear most). So it's essentially an arms race to make sure that whenever you think about insurance, there's at least one name that comes to mind first, and you'll check with them before the others.

MrHedin

Dec 7, 2018
I'll look into changing my car insurance if I ever switch areas, but I'm extremely loyal to my insurance agent. He's been our families' go-to for 20+ years.

My agent works with several different providers and every year gets new quotes for us to see what the best deal for our situation is. Most of the years it stays the same but there have been a couple of times where we switched.

Septimus Prime

EA
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
I don't think anything gets more ads than:
Geico
All state
Progressive

Maybe they should chill out with the spending on adds and lower their prices and then people would pick them since they're cheaper
Yeah, and maybe dril should buy fewer candles. Ain't gonna happen.

UltraMav

Oct 25, 2017
Geico has been great to me in both of the accidents I've been involved in. They can advertise all they want.