Bxrz

Banned
Dec 18, 2020

And these are just the games that are announced. There could be more that are unannounced (people want a Mando game)

So I ask the question. How many is too much? When do we get to the point where its clear milking of an IP?

Unrelated: Between Star Wars games and Marvel games, Disney must be really happy collecting all these free licensing checks

Haikira

Dec 22, 2017
Northern Ireland
Still not enough, and I'm dead serious. There's been a serious drought for too long.

Give me all that SW goodness. Even if half of the announced games turn out good, that's still 3 good games 🤘

Sargerus

â–² Legend â–²
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Considering that people were complaining there weren't many SW games being made while EA held the license this looks pretty good actually.

MouldyK

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Nov 1, 2017
The franchise is already getting milked to death.

Might as well do even more!

UmbranUndying

Feb 20, 2022
I mean, Star Wars as a video game IP used to have a really aggressive release schedule, right up until the rise of modern AAA development started crushing studios. Lucasarts also struggled to adapt to the HD era. During its height in the 90s and up the mid aughts, Star Wars usually saw multiple releases per year. So having this many projects in the pipeline is more like how it used to be for the franchise. I don't see a problem with it so long as the release schedule is tapered off enough to let each game breathe. Some of the announced titles are many years away, too.

Azerth

Prophet of Truth - Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
Doesnt really matter as long as they are not released to close to each other

Enduin

You look 40
Oct 25, 2017
New York
Looks fine to me. It's a big galaxy and there's a lot of different kinds of games. No reason to not explore things with it.

SimplyComplex

May 23, 2018
I'm just sad there isn't a new Battlefront among them. Battlefront 2 was on such a great path to just be abandoned by EA.

Who knows how long it'll be until we get a new one.

Fuchsia

Oct 28, 2017
Honestly could use 1 every year at least like the golden age. Star Wars lends itself to great gameplay ideas. Think there's room for lots of different genres of games in the universe.

It was a serious drought for years. Happy we're at a good place with it now as long as the games get the time, talent, and budget they need to be solid.

peppermints

Oct 25, 2017
The franchise is already getting milked to death.

Might as well do even more!
How exactly? 5 movies and two live action series since Disney took over in 2012. That is hardly being milked.

To answer the OP's question, if the quality is up there then there's no limit IMO. It's a huge universe with lots of interesting approaches you could take.

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
After getting almost no SW games for years, Im all for getting more if they are good. I dont hold out any faith for that QD game though...

Rygar 8Bit

Oct 25, 2017
Site-15
more-kylo-ren.gif

Oct 25, 2017
Games take forever to make they have to be proactive if they want one to come out every couple years. Some of these are years and years away

Duffking

Oct 27, 2017
It's probably necessary given that the films and games have in general at best a 33% hit rate for being any good or not. Most Star Wars content is generally Not Very Good, it's just the high points are good enough that you don't think about the bad stuff so much.

GenTask

Nov 15, 2017
Last I heard an RTS is development as well.

Its not enough though, definitely need a full Single Player Star Wars Space Sim like X-Wing or TIE Fighter, 50+ missions. Just remake the originals if need be, similar plot and what not.

SageShinigami

Oct 27, 2017
Its six games but in reality they'll come out once a year and will be from entirely different studios so they won't even play similarly.

Oct 25, 2017
I feel like just a year or two ago ppl were complaining Ea weren't making enough Star Wars games…now other studios can make them and now it's too many(there's 6….) 600 games got announced inbetween those 6 being announced

signal

Oct 28, 2017
Seems fine to me. The universe seems like it has enough opportunity for diversity in presentation, gameplay, etc. that as long as every game isn't a third person light saber action game it should be fine.

AppleMIX

Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
considering we basically had a drought for like a decade.

I think it's fine.

Meg Cherry

Oct 25, 2017
Seattle, WA
Considering I think it will probably be 2028 by the time all of these games are actually released - it's a perfectly fine lineup. This becomes a problem when three of them are hitting in the same holiday season.

Oct 25, 2017
There's no guarantee they'll be good or even that they'll release at all so no I'm not going to complain that 6 games are in development.

TheMadTitan

Oct 27, 2017
Entirely different demographics.

Aside from Kotor and Fallen Order 2, I'm not really interested in any of them. And really it's just Kotor since I haven't played Fallen Order 1 yet. Very few people are going to get every single game.

Seijuro

Oct 25, 2017
Six in the span of a year would maybe be much, but they won't release in the same year, and they seem diverse enough. If anything we have too few Star Wars games given what could be done with the source material.

mute

â–² Legend â–²
Oct 25, 2017
None are too many, video game Star Wars is best Star Wars.

Pancracio17

â–² Legend â–²
Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
3 or 2 is too much, we are way past that. Im not a fan of Star Wars though. If all of these games were made in original sci fi universes I would like them more. The stories would probably be better too.

Last edited:

Anno

Oct 25, 2017
Columbus, Ohio
Eh it's a huge universe to explore. Six certainly doesn't seem like too many unless they just all end up being around the same time/with the same characters.