Oct 25, 2017
Y'all in here acting like Battle of the Gods and Resurrection F are somehow good movies is crazy to me. That stuff is easily in the bottom 50% of both production value and direction for the whole lot of them.

The top of the list should be Super: Broly and Janemba. Everything else is debatable.

Zyrox

One Winged Slayer Corrupted by Vengeance
Oct 25, 2017
Super Broly is absolutely the best one for me. Nice look into the backstory of the Saiyans coupled with some of the best fight scenes in the entire franchise. Plus I love Broly.

Top 5:
1.) Super Broly
2.) Z Broly (the first one)
3.) Battle of Gods
4.) Fusion Reborn
5.) Cooler 1

panama chief

"This guy are sick"
Oct 27, 2017
top 3:

1. Worlds Strongest - Loved how Piccolo was full evil. His JP theme playing as hes willing to do anything to destroy Goku, including go through his own son....(heh)
2. Super Android 13 - not every day we see the a SSJ suck up a Genki Dama and obliterate an enemy...canon be damned.
3. Super Broly - Animation was so so so on point that its hard not to love it.

Chrome Hyena

Oct 30, 2017
You're all wrong. How you gonna sleep on Tree of Might?!

1. Tree of Might - (Also first DBZ movie I saw. And is best DBZ movie bar none.
2: Dragon Ball: Curse of the Blood Rubies
3: Broly (First one)

then the rest.

Deleted member 3208

Oct 25, 2017
Super Broly easily.
I also liked more Resurrection of F than Battle of Gods. That said, those three are the only Dragon Ball movies that I like.

Of the older ones ... none? Only watched Bojack, first two of Broly, Janemba and Hirudegarn.

TigerBrownie

One Winged Slayer
May 9, 2018
Fusion Reborn. I loved seeing all of the villains come back from hell, just a huge fan service moment for me. Does any other movie have Hitler Vs. Gotenks? Checkmate.

Luigi87

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I haven't seen Super Broly yet, so going with Battle of Gods.

I also do like Fusion Reborn.

Euphoria

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Earth
The original Broly movie is my favorite. Behind that is the one with Tapion because I really like the character.

Deleted member 17207

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Man I guess I'm weird in thinking that the new Broly movie was worse than the original? I loved the first half but the entire second half of the movie was just a boring power-up fest with Goku and Vegeta as usual, and Broly didn't have a single line lol. It felt like a longform version of those AMVs you can find on the fringes of youtube.

Twas meh.

Anth0ny

Oct 25, 2017
Movie 9 cause gohan did cool shit in it

Movie 12 cause gogeta did cool shit in it

DBS Broly cause everyone did cool shit in it

-Le Monde-

Avenger
Dec 8, 2017
Fusion
Meta Cooler
DBS Broly

Fusion Reborn.
As much as the newer ones are better, can't replicate that feeling as a kid when watching them.

He punched him so hard he exploded.

EWngUUDUMAMbg7R

Dem Janemba SFXs
I'm in for Gohan

Cyanity

Oct 25, 2017
I've only seen the original Broly movie and thought it was top-tier trash.

The whole movie boiled down to
Broly: *kicks everyone's ass*
Goku: "Pwease everyone give your powerrrrr!"
Broly: still kicks Goku's ass
Goku: "Vegeta pwease, I need your powerrrr!"
Broly: Kicks Goku's ass
Vegeta: "No you can't have my power."
Goku: "Pwetty pwease???"
Vegeta: "okay."
Goku: *Throws one punch, explodes Broly, credits roll*

Jimnymebob

Oct 26, 2017
Fusion Reborn is probably the best classic one. Broly 1 is probably 2nd- it just suffers from the fact it had 2 sequels that got progressively more awful, and the fact nowadays people pretend like Broly was never cool because he was just an angry shouty man now that they've got DBS Broly who has more of a character before he turns into an angry shouty man for the rest of the movie.

Jimnymebob

Oct 26, 2017
Y'all in here acting like Battle of the Gods and Resurrection F are somehow good movies is crazy to me. That stuff is easily in the bottom 50% of both production value and direction for the whole lot of them.

The top of the list should be Super: Broly and Janemba. Everything else is debatable.
Battle of Gods is weird. I enjoyed it, but I think it was solely because Beerus and Whis was that good. The plot itself was boring, and the big fight was one of the worst in the franchise.
It's also not particularly funny either, except for drunk Gohan.

BennyWhatever

Oct 27, 2017
US
New Broly movie is clearly the best, but I have some massive nostalgia for the ones that aired on Toonami back in the day (World's Strongest, Tree of Might, Dead Zone). Seeing them now takes me right back to when I was 12 or 13.

Also love the one with the Dragon Fist at the end.

zooj

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Ames, IA
(NOTE: I'm not counting the Trunks/Bardock/GT OVAs, because Trunks wouldn't make it a fair fight, and the other two aired on TV first instead of theaters in Japan, IIRC.)

Inspired by the Polemon thread on gaming side, I thought I'd try it with a series that not only is equally as long (20 for DB vs 23 for Pokemon), but also has all of it's movies released and dubbed over here (sorry One Piece) so more fans can weigh in their opinions. But since the polls here have so few options, I'd figure it be best to have a discussion about it instead.

For me:
Battle of Gods>SuperBroly>Fusion Reborn>Dead Zone>Tree of Might> Worlds Strongest>Wrath of the Dragon> Lord Slug>The 4 OG DB ones>Super Android 13> Cooler Duology> OGBroly Trilogy> Ressurection F>Bojack Unbound.
Can't believe you forgot the best DB movie, Evolution

/s

inner-G

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
PNW
Fusion Reborn
The first Broly movie

those were my favs.

(The GT and Trunks OVAs are really good too)

Garlador

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
While Broly might be the more "enjoyable" one, the Janemba fight has my absolute favorite special abilities in a fight.
latest

14dbb90c3e18cd556980b3985dc68caa.gif

tumblr_pqu1hu1RWH1tw0xy9o1_500.gifv

giphy.gif

2742813a3f0050f03e981e1eb0122fdb.gif

The Lightning Shower Rain attack might be my favorite Dragon Ball attack on a visual level of all time.
latest

Oct 25, 2017
It's easily Super Broly, followed by Battle of the Gods and The World's Strongest.

However I do have a soft spot for the first Cooler film and Super Android 13 since those were the DBZ movies I had on VHS and DVD as a kid and was able to watch regularly growing up. Goku going SSJ1 to the tune of Deftone's "Change" may be super corny, but MAN that shit was the hype for me as a kid.

Tanuki-Go

One Winged Slayer
Jul 21, 2018
US
I really enjoy the first two movies for their fight choreography especially Dead Zone. The fight between Goku and Garlic Junior's henchmen is so fucking cool.

I also have soft spot for Tree of Might. From the unique opening animation set to Cha-La-Head-Cha-La, to the dark apocalyptic imagery with the tree killing the planet and everyone getting a chance to do something makes it fun. The closing theme, Marugoto, is great. Hell, all of the movie themes by Hironobu Kageyama are top notch with Fusion Reborn's Saikyo no Fusion being the best one and make me instantly nostalgic.

But for pure visual and direction I gotta go with DBS: Broly. It just felt like an immense breath of fresh air after like fifteen years of the post-revival stuff. Yeah there are some bits where they get too carried away with the frantic action but the overall visual presentation makes it so damn cool.

Terraforce

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Broly and BoG are miles above any other DBZ movie. Lore, action and choreography, music, animation, and both have a legitimately cool story beyond just new bad guy arrive, must fight like a lot of the others. Both are legitimately among my favorite movies (at least top 100 somewhere).

Most of the Z movies aged like ass in comparison. I'd recommend those elevating those above the Super movies revisit those lol.

RoF gets a bad rep and I get why because I also disliked it for the longest. And it falls under the failing I mentioned most DBZ movies were guilty of as well, but I still think it's better than most Z movies.

TheWraith

Oct 28, 2017
And here I thought we were going to talk about the 4 pre-Z Dragon Ball movies, aren't those infinitely better and fun than the villain of the day Z movies?

Oct 25, 2017
Super Broly and BoG are the best two.

Rez F is worse, but it's still fine.

Wrath of the Dragon, Fusion Reborn, Dead Zone, and World's Strongest are all pretty good. Bojack I kind of like too actually.

Cooler's Revenge, Lord Slug, Super Android 13, and Tree of Might are all in the next tier. They're all pretty generic and follow the DBZ movie formula, but they're fine.

OG Broly movies and Return of Cooler are all garbage

Haven't seen the OG Dragon Ball movies in a while so can't say one way or the other there