• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Sander VF

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Tbilisi, Georgia
I just thought it was important to share this knowledge.

The world's largest winged cockroach is Megaloblatta longipennis found in Peru, Ecuador and Panama. A preserved female in the collection of Akira Yokokura of Yamagata, Japan, measures 97 mm (3.8 in) in length and 45 mm (1.75 in) across.
M. longipennis can have a wingspan of up to 8 in (20 cm).

The average cockroach ranges from 0.24 in-3 in (0.6-7.6 cm) in length.

Deleted member 2802

Community Resetter
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Thank you for no pictures, you're the true hero OP.
6YUNt6F.jpg

Oct 27, 2017
I posted an image in the spoiler tag.
Megaloblatta_longipennis_wing_spread.jpg

And this website has a few more, it also gives a sense of scale.
www.projectnoah.org

Giant Black Cockroach

This cockroach is a Record Breaker! Although Guinness lists the largest cockroach as being

Lulu

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
I thought roaches in nyc got big. I would literally cry if I ran into one of these.

Mars

Oct 25, 2017
Thanks. That pic made my skin craaawl. Lol; imagining a rat and one of those squabbling over a NY slice on subway platform.

OP
OP
Sander VF

Sander VF

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Tbilisi, Georgia
-" I think it is a joke, sir. Like longipennis."
-" What is so funny about longipennis?"
- "Well, it is a joke name, sir."
- "There is a very great roach in Peru called longipennis!"

Tyaren

Character Artist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
I've never seen a cockroach in real life, but from what I saw on images or video I don't understand the spider-like levels of disgust this bug (?) developed among most of the populace. It's not the prettiest, yeah, it looks like a big brown bug.

Dennis8K

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I've never seen a cockroach in real life, but from what I saw on images or video I don't understand the spider-like levels of disgust this bug (?) developed among most of the populace. It's not the prettiest, yeah, it looks like a big brown bug.
I hadn't either until I moved to the US.

The US is infested with cockroaches.

JJD

Oct 25, 2017
Never? Where do you live?

I don't mind most insects including spiders, but roaches are fucking dirty