• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Gwynbleidd

Oct 27, 2017
I just want a damn screenshot already. Hopefully next month we get something during all of the summer game stuff

ShadowGP

Oct 27, 2017
Waiting 2 years for the Next-Gen update to play for the first time the DLCs (owned them from day one)

Garulon

Jul 22, 2020
OK (scribbling furiously) so play some Breakpoint until June, then AC Origins, then AC Oddseey again (I guess) then Breakpoint because I'll be missing it, then AC Valhalla until November, then some more Breakpoint while the DLC gets delayed then Witcher Next Gen

I can do this

m23

Oct 25, 2017
I replayed the base game very recently on my Series X, but will wait for the patch to do the expansions as I never played any of them.

Son of Sparda

"This guy are sick" says The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
The fact that we still don't know if this update will give us a 60fps mode on PS5 is pretty insane imo. It's been close to 2 years since they announced it.

Zedelima

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Really wish that the update is not just more resolution and fps.
Lets see when they announce the features

Secret Bambino

▲ Legend ▲
Mar 21, 2021
I wish they could make it look closer to the 2013 version, but that's obviously never going to happen.

High_resolution_wallpaper_background_ID_77700853195.jpg

iKcRG61XdJQQy.jpg

026519.jpg

1386465862046ktkue.gif

EB1600441A7BC894DB47EC356452680F1B3A07EA

Witcher-3.gif

Perhaps this will be a possibility for the next game, with the help of UE5.

DoctorChimp

Oct 6, 2020
Texas yall
Any word if there will be any changes to the combat?

It's a given the visuals will get an overhaul of sorts. However, the combat was the biggest downfall of the game. While it was serviceable, an upgrade would turn this into a whole new experience.

Mórríoghain

Nov 2, 2017
Any word if there will be any changes to the combat?

It's a given the visuals will get an overhaul of sorts. However, the combat was the biggest downfall of the game. While it was serviceable, an upgrade would turn this into a whole new experience.

Yeah, even though I spent over 500 hours on the original release, I don't think I can go through with it again without combat improvements, especially after the likes of Horizon and the new Ass Creed series.

Son of Sparda

"This guy are sick" says The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
It's a brand new sku. Of course the PS5 will offer 60fps
After how messy CP2077 was, I'd rather see some footage (or at the very least get firm confirmation from them) before assuming that it will have a 60fps mode.

The fact that they haven't said anything about that is a bit worrying. Even when they were giving small details like the update having RT they didn't say anything about framerate, and as much as I love Witcher 3, that game ran pretty bad on consoles.

Tora

The Enlightened Wise Ones
Jun 17, 2018
After how messy CP2077 was, I'd rather see some footage (or at the very least get firm confirmation from them) before assuming that it will have a 60fps mode.

The fact that they haven't said anything about that is a bit worrying. Even when they were giving small details like the update having RT they didn't say anything about framerate, and as much as I love Witcher 3, that game ran pretty bad on consoles.
Fair enough.

We will have to see how they update the game first before assuming, but I would feel confident in saying that it will likely offer 60fps. It's super easy to run the game at 60fps on PC as it's a heavily GPU bound game and the consoles are well packed in that department.

TheBaldwin

Feb 25, 2018
Played about 20-30 hours on PS4 but dropped it. Will wait until this releases.

Hopefully with how long this has been in develpment its some substantially upgrades and not just 'heres some ray tracing'

Dream_Journey

Oct 25, 2017
Played about 20-30 hours on PS4 but dropped it. Will wait until this releases.

Hopefully with how long this has been in develpment its some substantially upgrades and not just 'heres some ray tracing'

Yeah, i wonder if they will add many things from old version of the game, with all Nvidia stuff and volumetric clouds etc. many of them removed unfortunately.

I hope this vision will come back!

maxresdefault.jpg

www.youtube.com

E3 2013: Witcher 3 Nvidia Effects

E3 2013: Witcher 3 Nvidia EffectsSubscribe to MaximumPC: http://goo.gl/p8vf9K Visit our website: http://www.maximumpc.comTwitter: https://twitter.com/maximum...

deathsaber

Nov 2, 2017
Interested in seeing what this is like. I actually have some concerns, because as it stands right now- running the existing game on a Series X is equisite- 4k, 60 fps, absolutely beautiful and damn near perfect. I actually worry that if by adding anything else (the usual suspects of ray tracing and other lighting tricks), this will just push the game back to 30 fps territory, or otherwise knock it away from rock solid 60 fps which frankly is a downgrade to me

dm101

Nov 13, 2018
I finished it and the dlc on the ps4 pro, but I just bought the pc version today so I'm looking forward to another playthrough.

jtb

Oct 25, 2017
Is there going to be new content/mechanics included in this upgrade? RT is nice but frankly the game is already in great shape in performance mode on Series X so I'm curious why the development cycle for this has been so long. And I mean initially, not including the delay from the war.

Quade

Mar 8, 2019
I wish we had more details already. I dropped the game after putting 40hrs in a couple years ago and decided to start a full playthrough again with the dlc's too. I've put about another 40hrs in and I'm taking my time currently exploring Skellige. I have a humble 580rx and I'm playing at 1080p but the game looks breathtaking still, I'm constantly stopping to just take in my surroundings and the level of details is jaw dropping at times. I have most of the graphics mods and still average 60fps and I'm more than content with the visuals, but if there will be changes to gameplay, especially combat, than I'd like to hold of on the dlc's until then.