Status
Not open for further replies.

ZeoVGM

Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
I think I looked away and missed something. They were talking on Talking Dead about Ezekiel and Carol walking by a sign with a strange symbol on it?

Kschreck

Oct 27, 2017
Pennsylvania
I have not watched past season 7 as I found season 7 hard to watch but you guys sure do make it sound like the show is beginning to improve. I may eventually jump back in. Ironically I still buy this and Fear the Walking Dead on Blu-Ray every year for my collection despite not being caught up with either show.

milamber182

Dec 15, 2017
Australia
I think I looked away and missed something. They were talking on Talking Dead about Ezekiel and Carol walking by a sign with a strange symbol on it?

the-walking-dead-symbol-1160141.jpeg

https://comicbook.com/thewalkingdea...t-symbol-carol-ezekiel-whisperers-911-bounty/

Fliesen

Oct 25, 2017
It always pisses me off when they just don't kill Zombies that are perfectly safe to kill... (the ones at the popcorn machine).

Like, just stab it with your fucking sword, Ezekiel!

DrewFu

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt-account
Banned
Apr 19, 2018
When the hell are we getting more Negan? I figured he was going to be a big deal when he escaped.

DrewFu

Banned
Apr 19, 2018
Can someone with knowledge of the comics tell me when/if Negan comes back, and in what capacity?

Oct 25, 2017
Norman, OK
Can someone with knowledge of the comics tell me when/if Negan comes back, and in what capacity?

Not really sure how spoilery you'd want me to get, so...

Yes, he comes back. As Negan. He's still very much Negan. Slightly reformed, and sort of aligned with with our heroes insofar as it benefits him, but he's still Negan.

He winds up infiltrating the Whisperers and makes several attempts to get in Alpha's pants. He eventually slits her throat. 'Cuz he's Negan.

Oct 25, 2017

In the comics, he "escapes" into the woods, finds the Whisperer camp, gains Alpha's trust despite Beta's protests, and then proceeds to chop her head off and brings it back to Rick to prove he's on their side.

Given how things are laid out right now though, I'm not even sure they'll get to that this season though?

DrewFu

Banned
Apr 19, 2018
Not really sure how spoilery you'd want me to get, so...

Yes, he comes back. As Negan. He's still very much Negan. Slightly reformed, and sort of aligned with with our heroes insofar as it benefits him, but he's still Negan.

He winds up infiltrating the Whisperers and makes several attempts to get in Alpha's pants. He eventually slits her throat. 'Cuz he's Negan.
Rad. Thanks.

MMBosstones86

Oct 25, 2017
I know he came back in the episode before this, just him being gone wasn't really mentioned.

Also, that happened in Alexandria. What we're seeing now w/ Hilltop/Kingdom is probably mostly parallel. As we're seeing now, most of the communities are disconnected from each other because reasons.

I'm sure the next Alexandria episode will hit on the Negan stuff again.

Spectromixer

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
USA
I thought the episode was good. Really enjoying Daryl being at the center.

Does anyone who has read the comics know what the sign spray painted on the stop sign was? The commonwealth?

Surfinn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
USA
A lot of people shit on Henry but I'm actually gunna go ahead and say he's done a great job this season and is one of the stand out new(ish) characters. He's had a handful of good/solid scenes and has more acting chops than I ever thought he would. Amazing what good direction/writing can do for an actor.

That ending montage was one of the best in TWD in a very long time, reminds me of old TWD. I like how there were strings of edits of belonging/happiness, then we get a concluding shot of Henry laying down without Lydia. Loved the song too, and Daryl's exchange with Connie. "I can't live with it either" is an example of the touch the show has been missing for about three seasons.

There is actual care taken and special subtleties in a lot of these moments that feel like they were written with humans and emotion in mind. For example.. instead of Daryl just parading around like a terminator, he's got moments of emotion that feel genuine and earned. He tries to put up a front but people who know him see through it. I love the way he's writing with Connie.. then when he asks why, he can't help but lean all the way over out of sheer curiosity to see if she will validate the feelings he has (guilt about Lydia going back to Alpha).

One of my favorite sections in the whole season. There are still moments where the show suffers from the same problems as before, but even when it starts to lose track it picks things back up with some strong scenes that are worth watching.

raYne_07

Oct 27, 2017
A lot of people shit on Henry but I'm actually gunna go ahead and say he's done a great job this season and is one of the stand out new(ish) characters. He's had a handful of good/solid scenes and has more acting chops than I ever thought he would. Amazing what good direction/writing can do for an actor.
People shit on Henry cause it's a character full of bad decisions, not because of acting ability.

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This was a rather tense episode, liked it. Made the other half of the episode "let's risk all our lives to recover a lightbulb" storyline much less interesting and more asinine. What I'm liking about the current direction is that they're not afraid to give important story beats to characters just introduced a couple episodes ago: the new group is already gelling well and they're the best (non-villain) new characters in quite some time. Of course, they can't avoid being stupid, the whole part with the deaf girl running back into the cornfield or that she decides to go on a trip with Darryll... I mean, come on now.

Surfinn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
USA
People shit on Henry cause it's a character full of bad decisions, not because of acting ability.
This season he's been a huge improvement in terms of characterization. His decisions involving Lydia especially make a lot of sense and the writers have done a good job making him more likable. Like most other side characters, he was an annoying asshole for quite a while.

He's definitely been a standout in the last handful of episodes.

Jerm411

Oct 27, 2017
Clinton, MO
This season he's been a huge improvement in terms of characterization. His decisions involving Lydia especially make a lot of sense and the writers have done a good job making him more likable. Like most other side characters, he was an annoying asshole for quite a while.

His interactions with Darryl have been great, hope they double down on that dynamic in the future.

Surfinn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
USA
His interactions with Darryl have been great, hope they double down on that dynamic in the future.
Same, he's really stepped up as an actor and made for some great scenes. Lydia's actress seems good too.

I think the scene between Enid, Henry and Lydia was easily the best acted and written teen interaction in the show and actually carried emotional weight.

And yeah the dynamic with him and Daryl has been fantastic.

Tux_

Banned
Nov 5, 2017
I must say I do miss Rick Grimes.

Sucks, as soon as the show got good again, he's gone.

borat

Banned
Jan 2, 2018
all the children in TWD have been nearly universally irritating. Henry hasn't been too irritating, yet.

Remember that weird fucker that used to hang around Carol?

Deleted member 864

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Finally watched the last episode and I enjoyed it. I thought Henry would annoy me more (at least he did earlier in the season) but he actually hasn't been too bad so far, I've been warming up to him.

Surfinn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
USA
Finally watched the last episode and I enjoyed it. I thought Henry would annoy me more (at least he did earlier in the season) but he actually hasn't been too bad so far, I've been warming up to him.
Yup you know the show is out of the gutter when they manage to let three side character teens carry an emotionally heavy scene and have it turn out pretty good

borat

Banned
Jan 2, 2018
Dunno if this is the thread for this but I've been watching season 3 and 4 of Fear The Walking Dead (I watched the first two series a while back)

I've found the past few series of TWD very difficult to enjoy outside of a handful of episodes. TWD feels like it's not had a clear idea of how it wants to progress for a long time. Lots of stupid characters with stupid motivations doing stupid things, emotionally flat and downright awful action sequences (4 millions shots of people shooting limply at the saviours hideout, cool!). The most impressive aspect of the show is the makeup. Dunno if I'd watch it if it wasn't something me and my sister did.

FTWD is soooooo much better. Or is it just me? Nearly every aspect. It's willing to take more risks and experiment with different storytelling methods and it feels so much fresher for it. characters aren't as ridiculous (except for that biker gang, I guess). lot less predictable. much more inventive with world building. A lot more emotionally resonant. Like, neither series is 'prestige' TV but I'm very impressed with how much better FTWD is than TWD has been for several series.

raYne_07

Oct 27, 2017
I must say I do miss Rick Grimes.

Sucks, as soon as the show got good again, he's gone.
I'd argue that part of the reason it got better is because he's gone. When that news broke, a lot of immediate reaction was, "the show would suck, no one else can do anything, all the side characters are terrible and aren't developed etc". My reaction was, that it'd force them to actually do something with other characters and they'd have to step up to fill his absence. Glad to see the latter is the case.

If Rick was still there, everyone would be sitting on their thumbs, like they always were, while he advanced the main plot with the Whisperers discovery, dealing with Alpha directly and still be involved in a big chunk of the side plots with Negan's escape etc.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.