Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
3F6Ly9VVivrCaWHO_KNQUc7f9q9aTljGHizoKJXXDyA.jpg
39ded4cf43e25d54af5efd816fe738113bf84d1e9d593a743a58d999b655fb94_product_card_v2_mobile_slider_450.jpg

View: https://x.com/vinciusmedeiro6/status/1826771977195208888?s=46&t=j6ft08eV9pYSLmciuA3kpw

GOG is the only platform that has these games. As it was a case where their work helped get them re-released. Rather surprised they're being pulled but they're well worth grabbing if you're interested. As the GOG versions have no issue running on modern systems from my playtime with them.

www.gog.com

The Suffering

Experience the terror as you fight your way out of a maximum security penitentiary over

www.gog.com

The Suffering: Ties That Bind

Fear What's Inside. The City has its demons... and so do you. An inescapable enemy torm

Sadly I doubt this means we're getting remasters/remakes. As WB doesn't seem to care about their Midway catalog if it isn't called Mortal Kombat. Would love to be proved wrong though.

Karsha

May 1, 2020
Never played the sequel but the original is actually a pretty underrated game

BasilZero

Oct 25, 2017
Omni
Damn, it was on sale not too long ago....what are the chances it'll go on sale again before the delisting....

SuperWhimsy

Aug 17, 2024
Replayed this recently and it holds up!

The Stan Winston creature designs are top tier. They're visually rich, while having unique mechanics, and highlight the brutality of execution methods used through time.

Player decisions also change Torque's story. While binary, it's handled better than most.

My headcanon will be this is being delisted because of the upcoming remaster. Please.

Rygar 8Bit

Oct 25, 2017
Site-15
Wonder if they're pulling them because they don't work? I know the first game has loads of issues on modern systems. Hopefully they fix them and reput them back up like what happened with Soul Reaver.

pete_clarf

Oct 25, 2017
I've always wanted to play these, but never got around to it. I have the world's shittiest PC, but these might actually work on it. Might just grab them and hope for the best.

Sagroth

Oct 28, 2017
Luckily I still have both on PS2. The first game is legit great. Would love a Nightdive remaster though.

Oct 31, 2017
These games were/are(?) pretty good, but I haven't really thought about or played them in years. Kind of bummed to hear they may soon become difficult to officially obtain.

9-Volt

Oct 27, 2017
Ugh. Better get them both asap, I loved Ties That Bind on PS2.

Fucking Zaslav, allow WB to to remaster their legacy titles ffs.They're rotting in their archive room.

Oct 26, 2017
Most notable thing about the first one IMO; it was one of the first and rare support gigs by Next Level Games. Curious what they actually contributed. Their part of the credits just lists them as the company and associated employees, but no specific involvement is listed I think.

Also makes sense as Midway published their first game; NHL Hitz Pro, right after both they'd work with Nintendo for the first time with Super Mario Strikers, and never go back to Midway after I believe.

Lord Fanny

Apr 25, 2020

Fucking Zaslav, allow WB to to remaster their legacy titles ffs.They're rotting in their archive room.

Can't really blame Zaslav for this. WB has been terrible with their inherited legacy titles long before he got there. Even with MK there's been zero move to really preserve any of the older games.

Dec

Prophet of Truth
Oct 26, 2017
crap. Been on my wishlist for years and I always skipped them during sales...

juxjuxjux

Oct 27, 2017
Bay Area, CA
The current CEO of Humble Bundle (and a former personal boss) was the director of The Suffering, and he had some great stories to tell about the development of this game. He's since doled out three rounds of layoffs at Humble, and shuttered the Humble Games publishing business. Not reflective of this game's quality, but hey, the more you know.

naitosan

Oct 28, 2017
Oh, I didn't know I have both on GoG. I should play those soon before school starts again.

RadicalR

Oct 27, 2017
The current CEO of Humble Bundle (and a former personal boss) was the director of The Suffering, and he had some great stories to tell about the development of this game. He's since doled out three rounds of layoffs at Humble, and shuttered the Humble Games publishing business. Not reflective of this game's quality, but hey, the more you know.

I would love to read these stories. Are they posted anywhere?

juxjuxjux

Oct 27, 2017
Bay Area, CA
I would love to read these stories. Are they posted anywhere?

Can't say they are, friend. I heard most of the stories when I worked at Humble Bundle, and we visited our sister company IGN during a cross-company happy hour. He was very open with his experience on the game. If you or anyone else wrote to him, or invited him to a podcast, I bet he'd entertain the idea of telling those stories again. He seemed to have positive memories of the experience overall.

-Le Monde-

Avenger
Dec 8, 2017
Thanks for the heads up. Had them on my wishlist for a long time but never got around to buying it. Guess I'll take the full price hit.

erlim

Oct 26, 2017
London

If you want to throw down $500+ and make space in your house to the equivalent size of a grandfather clock you can buy a gross, garish particleboard luxury novelty eyesore piece of furniture, Arcade1up, and play the original gauntlet or paperboy.

erlim

Oct 26, 2017
London
I guess stranglehold isnt safe either going by this

With WB's executives ferociously sacking adult swim games and even initially denying indie developers transfer of publishing rights, and doing stuff like ending cartoon network.com; who knows if any game title is safe, even beyond GOG. Everybody should go purchase FEAR now.

ThereAre4Lights

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I think I still have the PS2 version of the first game. I got it used at a Gamestop in another state, went home, and and realized the cashier had given me the first game and not The Ties That Bind that I asked for. I got it for too cheap to bother going back.

Spacejaws

"This guy are sick" of the One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Scotland
Had these on my wishlist for awhile. Just read an atricle about The Suffering in an old Retrogamer magazine so I guess I should pick em up. Ta Jawmuncher