• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

MrNewVegas

Oct 27, 2017
This is a long shot, but can someone check the ORIGINAL Battlefield Bad Company to see if anyone is playing? The 360 version has long sense been dead, so can't really play it there anymore.

And anyone know if Bad Company 2 has any life as well on PS3?

It actually makes complete sense given the fact that online is free on PS3 and is not on 360. There are probably more people playing online on PS3 in general because of it.

Yeah it's a bit sad to hear that, but in the end it's just video games. All things considered, it's not that bad.
It is bad though. It's sad there are people out there who would love to have a PS4 but can't afford to throw out a couple hundred bucks. It's not about not having the PS4, that's whatever. It's the fact the economy has people who can't have a few hundred bucks to get something they want.

Surface

Nov 6, 2017
I would still play killzone 3 if the servers were up :( really really fun MP and game still looks next gen with that 3D. Moss it

Abdulrahman

Oct 30, 2017
If I had to turn on my PS3, I'll play the exclusives only. Sadly, most of them got shut down.

I'm kinda bummed because I missed Killzone 3 MP, I only played the beta :(

Jul 15, 2019
Call of Duty: Black Ops
No problem finding a match. Still buttery smooth, frenetic fun. Played two matches, and might return later on.
Black Ops 2 is still populated, CoD in general is active. Battlefield 3 is decently active too (1k~ players at any given moment compared to PC's 2k~ or so).
Just for curiosity, what are the player counts on black ops 1 and 2? I remember playing bo2 in 2015 and it still having like 90k people on great. Great games that I miss.

JigglesBunny

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
What I wouldn't give to be able to hop into a match of Max Payne 3...

I can never find an MGO3 match on Xbox One either, it's super disappointing.

jsnepo

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
What makes you choose the PS3 version?

I played the game there first when it was released. Kept playing the online mode. For some weird reason and I know graphically the PS4 and especially the PC version looks better, I prefer the visuals of the PS3 version. The muddy textures I like. The PS4 and PC versions are just too noisy to me visually.

OP
OP
plngsplsh

plngsplsh

Oct 28, 2017
Oct 27, 2017
I tried again this morning and played a couple of matches. It's still alive and well. Maybe you can get a PS3 for cheap.

I still have my PS3 and my Max Payne 3 copy. I tried to play a couple of years ago, but had trouble finding a free aim gang wars game. Damn, that mode was super fun! Cycling through different objectives... I miss that.

OP
OP
plngsplsh

plngsplsh

Oct 28, 2017
Just for curiosity, what are the player counts on black ops 1 and 2? I remember playing bo2 in 2015 and it still having like 90k people on great. Great games that I miss.
Maybe I'm checking the wrong counter, but it says there are more than 560k players online in BO1.
EDIT: Did some research and it's probably a glitch. That is way too high a number to be reasonable.

Last edited:

Storm

Oct 25, 2017
I'm kinda surprised. When I tried my PS3 a year or so ago I was finding that pretty much every game was a ghost town.

Maybe it's worth hooking up again

Zombegoast

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Demon's Souls was populated, until Sony decided that people shouldn't have fun anymore and pull the plug.

Luckily the community is passion enough about the game that they created a private server bringing improvements over the original

I actually watched this video the other day. Was pretty interesting:

Why you playing PS3 games in 2019? Because I prefer Blops 2 over Blops 4.

APOEERA

Oct 26, 2017
What's crazy is about a year or so ago I would find a full lobby for TDM on 007 Legends every day. I came to find out the people playing served in the military together and that was something they did for fun. I was doing my trophy hunting, they were talking about what was going on for them.

Some of the more random games on PS3 like Transformers War for Cybertron and Fall of Cybertron would have full lobbies in TDM as well.

Maeros

Dec 21, 2017
I did play one session of GTA5 Online on ps3 in 2017 I think and it was still super populated.

I swear this 12 year old sounding kid was beefing with me and my friend. 😂💪🏽

He would say stuff like: " you ain't from the hood fam! You ain't bout that life! You ain't bout life!"

I was like damnzz the mouth on this kid. For real hahaha.

Then instead of indulging him with his ghetto sassiness my friend asked him the question: "So what is your favourite anime?"

BOOM! He immediately talked passionate about anime all sorts of anime and was basically a big ass nerd just like us. 😂

Claymore was his favourite anime (which happened to be my favourite as well) and I was actually diggin the kid and his other vibe.

Shows you are people are fronting in general and a certain positive approach makes all the difference in the world.
Hah awsome

Deleted member 135

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
What's crazy is about a year or so ago I would find a full lobby for TDM on 007 Legends every day. I came to find out the people playing served in the military together and that was something they did for fun. I was doing my trophy hunting, they were talking about what was going on for them.

Some of the more random games on PS3 like Transformers War for Cybertron and Fall of Cybertron would have full lobbies in TDM as well.
There is a large community around Fall of Cybertron. Activision re-released in on the PS4 but sold it for $60 and then took it down after about a year. So ironically the PS4 version is completely dead while the PS3 version is still kicking.

Oct 25, 2017

I saw this video a few weeks ago... apparently there's a Discord for it.

I never played it on my PS3, but I get nostalgia seeing early versions of TF2. I used to love it on the PC up until about 2011/2012 before it felt like it became more and more bloated. There must be servers catering to a streamlined TF2 experience on steam though right?

steviestar3

One Winged Slayer
Jul 3, 2018
I never played it on my PS3, but I get nostalgia seeing early versions of TF2. I used to love it on the PC up until about 2011/2012 before it felt like it became more and more bloated. There must be servers catering to a streamlined TF2 experience on steam though right?

I don't think there are. Someone was working on a TF2Classic mod a few years ago but I think it got shut down.

I'm in the same boat as you, early TF2 was one of my favorite games of all time but I fell off after the updates got completely out of hand. It feels very bittersweet watching videos of people playing the old console versions today.

Oct 25, 2017
I don't think there are. Someone was working on a TF2Classic mod a few years ago but I think it got shut down.

I'm in the same boat as you, early TF2 was one of my favorite games of all time but I fell off after the updates got completely out of hand. It feels very bittersweet watching videos of people playing the old console versions today.

Damn. I'd love to experience those early years again. I don't think I got the Orange box until mid 2008, but I have fond memories of the Halloween events in particular. Payload wasn't even at there at launch IIRC, which remains my favourite mode. I think though as time went on the amount of content, hats etc just felt overwhelming to me as it evolved into one of the first GAAS titles.

Edit: nostalgia time: http://www.teamfortress.com/pumpkinpatch/

Loxley

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
I guess this is the best place to ask this - anyone have any idea where I can buy authentic Dualshock 3's online? They seem impossible to find nowadays. Amazon and eBay are full of knock-offs being presented as official Sony products.

Abdulrahman

Oct 30, 2017

I said wow! People play that crappy game... why??

Speaking of 007 games, a few months ago I tried Goldeneye on the Wii and I got into matches almost instantly.

OP
OP
plngsplsh

plngsplsh

Oct 28, 2017
Tried two more games and added them to the OP.

Red Dead Redemption
A special game for me. I spent way too much time in its single player mode and then even more time in its online mode. There are still people playing it today. The first free roam I entered had a handful of players in it. I shot some of them, then tried the quick match option. I rather quickly got into a game of hold your own which was quite full at the beginning, then filled up even more. It was quite nice to experience this game again. It hasn't aged bad at all to my eyes. The next couple of matches weren't so full, though. In the end I was in a four versus two of grab the bag, which seemed kind of unfair. It's still a ton of fun, though there are, obviously, quite a lot of highly skilled players who have trained their auto-aim headshots almost to perfection.​

Wipeout HD Fury
Nothing to see here. The online option only leads to a network connection error. I guess the servers have been shut down.​

Kthulhu

Oct 25, 2017
I'm not too surprised about TF2.

Console Orange Box is one of the easiest ways to play vanilla TF2.