Axe

Oct 27, 2017
United Kingdom
Turns out the infamous Growlithe tower is actually a multiple Pokemon tower.
FKklmXE.png

ERAsaur

Oct 25, 2017
Togepi after Ho-oh in the dex, was that fucker supposed to be a legendary?
Our current theory is that they were added relatively late into this build and weren't properly placed in the dex yet. They may have been added as a collaboration with the anime much like Lugia was later on (also the reason why Lugia isn't in this).

Deleted member 2172

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
21 years later and it's finally here. That is absolutely incredible for the preservation of Pokemon history to the public.

sfortunato

Oct 25, 2017
Italy
It's in there, just not on that version of the spritesheet because it's glitched in the sprite viewer due to no DVs being loaded. Load 201 in Battle Debug and it's there as usual, although it knows Psywave instead of Hidden Power.

How much is it possible to play the demo? That is, can you explore the full worldmap?

Oct 26, 2017
DehpOtuWsAM3r2f.png
DehrEc3W4AEljzs.png

Dehy0FSVAAA1AMn.png
Dehy9ajVwAMn_st.png

Made a colored Honoguma sprite based on the screen we have and used Charmander's Yellow palette.

Edit: Added one based on Charmander's Blue palette.

Edit 2: Added Kurusu's.

Last edited:

Big One

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah I heard about this a few days ago, really fucking cool stuff. The Gen 2 Pokedex is completely different. 2 years can do some serious work.

Also is it just me or does the original design of Politad look a lot like Tentaquil the famous meme Pokemon? Pic for reminder:

AVCTcdO.png

Ondor

Oct 25, 2017
Did those assholes cut Leafeon just so they could make Umbreon dark type and keep their "following eeveelution must be strong against the previous one" rule?

Blade24070

Oct 26, 2017
Man the town designs look so cool. Is that blue white tinted one supposed to be snow? I feel like that was too ambitious for the paltry GBC but damn if they didn't try.

ERAsaur

Oct 25, 2017
OP
OP
The Shadow Knight
Oct 26, 2017
I think it leaked last Saturday, I was added to the group on Sunday.

You can go anywhere but into caves and a few houses with debug mode, just don't expect people to talk to you out there in the world.

Must have been exciting couple of days then, haha.

I hope someone makes this into a fully playable game with some tweaks.

This would be great.
They'll need to pretty much craft an entire campaign though. Without much of a reference.

Aleh

Oct 27, 2017
This is the coolest thing I'll ever see in my life and I'm not even kidding

Big One

Oct 25, 2017
I also love how many pre-evolutions was planned. So far I've spotted Vulpix, Meowth, Paras, Goldeen, Ditto.

Camjo-Z

Oct 25, 2017
>fully functional Pokemon Picross

WHY WAS THIS REMOVED

Based on the animation of your trainer scratching on a wall in the corner, I wonder if it was meant to be an alternate puzzle in the Ruins of Alph similar to the slide puzzle minigame.

gardfish

Oct 25, 2017
This is legitimately way cooler to me than the announcement of Let's Go. I'm loving some of these crazy early designs and cut Pokemon, especially the anchor shark and the solo Shellder form that's usually attached to Slowbro/Slowking.

Big One

Oct 25, 2017
There's also early versions of Mime Jr and Lickilicky. The later looks a bit like a racist caricature, lol.

Omnicore

Oct 25, 2017
Vancouver
Wow, this is amazing. That Pinsir evolution, and so many unused preevolutions. Got a good laugh at the Legendary dogs sprites lol.

GustyGardner

Oct 27, 2017
Hooooooooooly shit! This is fantastic stuff, looking over the sprite sheet with a massive grin on my face, so much great (and terrible!) stuff that could have so easily never seen the light of day. It makes perfect sense that Herracross was originally a Pinsir evo, and now I'm slightly disappointed he wasn't in the final game. What the actual fuck is that Bayleef though lmao

Thornquist

Jan 22, 2018
Norway
Man. I love a lot of these designs.

I am now utterly convinced that the forced restrictions of black and white Gameboy sprites is what made the designs so better in my view. I know I'm beating a dead horse here, but this might be why many people prefer the first 250 or so pokemon designs.

It sure does for me (to be fair, later gens have some great designs too).

Nov 15, 2017
"171 Shibirefugu (evolved Qwilfish, may have inspired Stunfisk)"

Is it just me or does the sprite look more like an early version of Whiscash?

Also it's great to see all the pokes and hopeful some of these ideas return.

OP
OP
The Shadow Knight
Oct 26, 2017
Hooooooooooly shit! This is fantastic stuff, looking over the sprite sheet with a massive grin on my face, so much great (and terrible!) stuff that could have so easily never seen the light of day. It makes perfect sense that Herracross was originally a Pinsir evo, and now I'm slightly disappointed he wasn't in the final game. What the actual fuck is that Bayleef though lmao

That Bayleef looks unlike anything I've ever seen in Pokemon.
If you told me it is an UB I'd believe you.

Kiraly

Oct 30, 2017
Crazy that this finally surfaced. Looks like a completely different game.

Goes to show how much thought and effort goes into the Pokémon and their sprites if so many of them were changed or dropped.