• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Were you aware about this?

• Yup

Votes: 476 64.9%
  • Nope

Votes: 103 14.1%
  • Seriously, what the fuck

Votes: 136 18.6%
  • Doesn't work for me :c

Votes: 18 2.5%

• Total voters
Oct 27, 2017
I don't remember what year it was demoed on stage but I remember being really excited for it. I think it was originally for the ipad or was demoed on the ipad, but I've been using it for years at this point.

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah I found out about it a few years back. I actually think I read about it here on Era lol.

blackhawk163

Oct 28, 2017
Old been doing this for years starting with my s8 up to when I switched to the 12pro max and beyond. In fact it was one of the first things I tested before jumping over to iOS

PinkSpider

Oct 27, 2017
Never heard of this, hate typing at home; usually put off anything none short off till I get home and back to my tactile Cherry blues. Nice tip though and shall make typing when out slightly easier. Got a friend who who is on mobile and I swear she can type faster on a phone than I can on a PC and I don't have to look at the keyboard and am pretty speedy.

vixolus

Prophet of Truth
Sep 22, 2020
I knew and use it all god damn time because i swear tapping is never accurate. Have to scroll back with the space cursor.

Judau

Oct 28, 2017
This seems like it "works" about as well as that "easy way to load PEZ dispensers" video, but it's worth trying.

Edit: Oh shit, it works!

Ashhong

Oct 26, 2017
on iPhone you have to do it from the space bar and then you have the whole keyboard to move it, but I think on android you just swipe left or right on the space bar only? Or maybe that's Gboard specifically

Saladin

Alt Account
Banned
Apr 27, 2021
Yeah found out about it 4 years ago by mistake. You can also go up and down not only left and right

Love it, very useful. Since tapping on the right spot can get frustrating

Danby

One Winged Slayer
Oct 7, 2020
everybody molesting their space bar right now.

(doesn't work for me)

hurlex

Oct 25, 2017
I switched to iPhone semi recently and I was having a lot of trouble putting the cursor where I wanted it. When I looked up tips, and this came up. It's pretty cool.

Kawngi

Prophet of Truth
Oct 30, 2017
I think this is as old as the iPhone 6S when they introduced 3D Touch (RIP).

edit: didn't see it mentioned a bit above

Keyser S

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
I knew this because I think Apple had it in a Tips popup when it was introduced

Double tapping space for a period was one I found out about later, but still years ago

Mivey

Oct 25, 2017
Not working for me, on PC. Spacebar does nothing when I swipe left or right. Damn, maybe my keyboard is broken? At least I can use my mouse as a work around.

bruhaha

Banned
Jun 13, 2018
It used to work if you pressed down anywhere on the keyboard. I wonder why they changed it to only limit to the space bar. I thought they removed the feature because of that.