Ovvv

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Jan 11, 2019
Besides Kingdom Hearts, annoyingly. (III has dual audio on PC weirdly, but not the others, no dual audio on console)
there's a fan mod out there that adds this to the PC version, just a heads up

called Re:Fixed iirc. adds a ton of QoL stuff in general

Ravenash

Apr 16, 2020
This could perfectly mean Remake intergrade will be on all platforms.

Blue = Playstation
Green = Xbox
Red = Switch (Can be Cloud version (No pun intended))
Black = PC ( It can be the existing Epic Version or the announcement for Steam)

For those wondering why Playstation and PC if it is already there?, I think is just for context.

Strings

Oct 27, 2017
Again, hoping this is somehow more of a vague remake than a rerelease (even though I wish it was more the good bits integrated into 7R instead). The DMW system just stinks.

Macca

Oct 25, 2017
This could perfectly mean Remake intergrade will be on all platforms.

Blue = Playstation
Green = Xbox
Red = Switch (Can be Cloud version (No pun intended))
Black = PC ( It can be the existing Epic Version or the announcement for Steam)

For those wondering why Playstation and PC if it is already there?, I think is just for context.

Snitch liked a tweet about it being Crisis Core so it's probably that.

Sydle

Oct 27, 2017
Interesting choice. I don't remember much about it except crying my eyes out at the ending.

Also Zack > Cloud.

ConVito

Oct 16, 2018
As a huge FFVII fan, I bought a PSP primarily so I could play Crisis Core. Even got that limited edition, silver coloured, Crisis Core-themed console.

The game was shite. Just pure bobbins. Even without the character of Genesis it still wouldn't be a very good game, but Genesis is the shit icing that's liberally applied all over the shit cake. He's insufferable.

To all you folks out there who have never played it but are excited to, I would temper your expectations and then some.
Counter opinion: I fucking loved Crisis Core. Fun gameplay and gorgeous soundtrack. Story is goofy, but it's a FFVII spinoff so of course it is.

Also, Rick Gomez is a WAY better voice for Zack than whoever they got for Remake. Like, it's not even close.

Kard8p3

Oct 25, 2017
Have they said at all how they plan to handle the passing of Keiji Fujiwara, the Japanese voice actor for Reno?

Yazuka

Oct 27, 2017
Sweden
I'm hyped for this, I really enjoyed Crisis Core. So I hope it's an HD port/Remaster/Remake whatever. I'll take it.
Zack is the best.

SubTXT

Jul 24, 2020
To be fair (pun not intended), we have a full game with Rick Gomez (amazing voice) and like 2 minutes of the new actor in Remake. There's no reason to think that the new guy can't do a great job too.

And i think that new voice actor crushed his Yuffie DLC lines. Considering the Remake crew hasn't missed with a single casting choice yet, we shouldn't judge him based on the "Boy oh boy" line delivery. That could've been how he was directed.

NightShift

Oct 25, 2017
Australia
I guess I'll have to play this to fully appreciate the rest of FFVIIR, huh?

I've heard good things about it but the weird slot machine bullshit is such a hard turn-off for me.

chocolate

Feb 28, 2018
Crisis Core was absolutely awful aside from a few positives, like the music and showing Sephiroth's soft side before he went insane.

Other than that, just all around terrible.

Good for CC fans, I suppose, but can't say I'm hyped.

TheMadTitan

Oct 27, 2017
Yes Square, continue to invalidate parts of my emulation collection and give me more native ports dammit!

I guess I'll have to play this to fully appreciate the rest of FFVIIR, huh?

I've heard good things about it but the weird slot machine bullshit is such a hard turn-off for me.
The combat was real time, so the slots didn't really amount to much other than damage bonuses and limit breaks.

Dice

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
The roulette was the worst... This needs a gameplay overhaul...heck, just copy/paste the 7R combat.

Jakartalado

Oct 27, 2017
São Paulo, Brazil
First thing that come out of my mind is....

"ACTIVATING COMBAT MODE"

Seriously, PS4 and PS5 can run PSP games now.

They don't need to do all that mess they made with Type-0 HD running on two engines trying to boost visual quality while reaching budget constraints.

Just figure it out the licensing issues and put as a classic title at 1440p

Deleted member 93062

Account closed at user request
Banned
Mar 4, 2021

"ACTIVATING COMBAT MODE"

They don't need to do all that mess they made with Type-0 HD running on two engines trying to boost visual quality while reaching budget constraints.

I imagine they want it on other platforms as well.

DaveB

Oct 25, 2017
New Hampshire, USA
Watch those bastards put the PSP version of Crisis Core on PSN… Only for PS+ Premium users.

Seriously though, I'd be all about a remaster. It was an amazing game.

SubTXT

Jul 24, 2020

"ACTIVATING COMBAT MODE"

"MODULATING PHASE" on the PS5 with Tempest 3D Audio

ConVito

Oct 16, 2018
To be fair (pun not intended), we have a full game with Rick Gomez (amazing voice) and like 2 minutes of the new actor in Remake. There's no reason to think that the new guy can't do a great job too.
While the new guy sounded better in the DLC, we did get a literal 1:1 comparison of the two since Zack's big scene in the regular game was literally a direct copy of the one from Crisis Core, same dialogue and all.
showing Sephiroth's soft side before he went insane.
Easily my favorite part of the game. Bro Sephiroth was so much fun to hang with.

ResetSoul

Banned
Jul 29, 2021
This would really have to be more "Remake" than "Remaster."

I played through it again recently and...how do I put this generously...?

It's an extremely "portable" game.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
This would really have to be more "Remake" than "Remaster."

I played through it again recently and...how do I put this generously...?

It's an extremely "portable" game.

I would expect some basic combat rebalancing, but they're not going to turn it into a different game. Crisis Core is gonna be Crisis Core.

Faenix1

Oct 27, 2017
Canada
If this happens I'll need dirge of cerberus remaster, or PS2 on PS4, to be the happiest gamer alive.

Loved that silly game.

Oct 22, 2019
Assuming the tweet really is about Crisis Core: We think Square Enix is really going to release Crisis Core, of all things, on all the platforms, while keeping FF7R exclusive to PlayStation forever? What the hell kind of marketing strategy is that? Wouldn't that be like a big middle finger to everyone who's not on PlayStation? If you're on Xbox or Switch, you get to experience this one weird lame side story part of the franchise, but not the parts everyone is excited about?

Who am I kidding, if anyone would do this, Square Enix would be the ones to do it. Nothing they do makes any sense to me any more.

I buy stuff for all the major platforms and I've bought FF7R twice, so idgaf about console wars, so don't read that into what I'm saying please. Also I played Crisis Core on day 1 on my PSP and I liked it. To borrow a phrase from a very cool developer, it is an extremely OK game.

ResetSoul

Banned
Jul 29, 2021
I would expect some basic combat rebalancing, but they're not going to turn it into a different game. Crisis Core is gonna be Crisis Core.

I don't know... With the new emphasis and legitimacy VIIR puts on the Compilation, I could see it getting an upgrade into VIIR's battle system using "precycled" assets made for VIIR and VIIR2.

Sounds just fine.

Assuming the tweet really is about Crisis Core: We think Square Enix is really going to release Crisis Core, of all things, on all the platforms, while keeping FF7R exclusive to PlayStation forever? What the hell kind of marketing strategy is that? Wouldn't that be like a big middle finger to everyone who's not on PlayStation? If you're on Xbox or Switch, you get to experience this one weird lame side story part of the franchise, but not the parts everyone is excited about?

Who am I kidding, if anyone would do this, Square Enix would be the ones to do it. Nothing they do makes any sense to me any more.

VIIR:Intergrade is available on PC.

Nakenorm

"This guy are sick"
The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Yeah I don't think I'd be able to go through this game again. The story and characters were wack and I don't even think back of the gameplay fondly.