• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Feign

Aug 11, 2020
<-- Coast
Same here, our county had a small one in the lightning storms almost a month ago now but it didn't spread much and was in a non prime area. Our stretch of the coastal 101 always has a strong fire every year like clockwork and the interior area have a couple prime spots, we had a small inland brush fire between us and the nearby bigger town 2 or so months ago. The big ones coming, it's usually not a threat to my group of towns but does usually cause issues for the nearby tricities and tanks air quality in the entire county.
Considering how it is every year and there hasn't been one yet we are due for a BIG one

It's all too familiar. I think the worst part is the scars of the Montecito mudslide. It forever changed how I viewed fires. Even once the fires are out, you can't fully account for the structural shifts. Now every fire has me on edge to some extent, although not being on the mountain side of my town helps my personal anxiety about it.

Crayolan

Oct 25, 2017
saw some pics out of oregon on twitter earlier

awful, awful, awful... i wonder how different things, in terms of climate denial/etc would be if the east coast got a taste of it too.

3fwsn9jhcy341.jpg

hateradio

Oct 28, 2017
welcome, nowhere
It's still half-foggy, half-smokey outside.

The temperatures have dropped a fair amount, too.

The early "sunset" reminded me that cuddle weather is soon approaching.

It's going to be a very difficult few months šŸ˜‚

ezekial45

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone else wake up at an odd hour this morning? I can already tell the recent weather is going to mess up sleep schedules for a lot of people.

Last edited:

Loud Wrong

Feb 24, 2020
My sister lives in Utah. The pics she's sent me are absolutely nuts. I think I prefer the orange of SF to the blood red skies in Utah.

haxan

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone else wake up at an odd hour this morning? I can already tell the recent weather is going to mess up sleep schedules for a lot of people.

woke up wide awake about 3 hours earlier than usual. My throat is raw. I think air quality got worse, but the sky isn't as bad. It's peach-ish, I guess.

studyguy

Oct 26, 2017
I'd urge anyone out there to avoid time outside as much as possible when the AQI is bad, I'm sure they've already heard that. Take it from someone who developed asthma after the Thomas Fires burned a ton of the city next door down, you don't want to be outside more than necessary if the smoke is that dense. Sneaks up on you, ended up short of breath a month after the fires thinking I was having panic attacks when it turns out being outside (no choice due to work conditions) for even short spans of time can slowly chip away at your lung capacity with chronic exposure.

haxan

Oct 25, 2017
I'd urge anyone out there to avoid time outside as much as possible when the AQI is bad, I'm sure they've already heard that. Take it from someone who developed asthma after the Thomas Fires burned a ton of the city next door down, you don't want to be outside more than necessary if the smoke is that dense. Sneaks up on you, ended up short of breath a month after the fires thinking I was having panic attacks when it turns out being outside (no choice due to work conditions) for even short spans of time can slowly chip away at your lung capacity with chronic exposure.

Any idea what the bar is for not going outside? It's 160 in my neighborhood now.

Curler

Oct 26, 2017
Any idea what the bar is for not going outside? It's 160 in my neighborhood now.

I'd say anything about 80 is in the "it's getting bad out there..." territory, and over 100 is "stay in". 160 is already in the red :/

EDIT: Checking Purple Air right now, and NO ONE in NorCal should be going out right now :/ It's pretty much awful and toxic across the board (unless you border Nevada). Or the west side of Oregon/Washington, for that matter :/

studyguy

Oct 26, 2017

If it's in the red just don't, shut all windows and stick indoors. I mean a lot of people will have no choice and the way my doctor spun it, just gotta remember that anything that gets into your lungs will likely be there for quite some time, so even small exposures are basically just building on each other .

Curler

Oct 26, 2017
If it's in the red just don't, shut all windows and stick indoors. I mean a lot of people will have no choice and the way my doctor spun it, just gotta remember that anything that gets into your lungs will likely be there for quite some time, so even small exposures are basically just building on each other .

I was outside for only a few moments yesterday where apparently the air wasn't considered that bad, and was dumb and didn't stick a mask on (one of those "only going to be a few minutes..." things :/) I was coughing pretty badly last night and didn't feel good, and I'm guessing it was due to that. Don't risk it, and try to keep pets in too. I make sure my dog pees quickly and runs back in.

Doggg

ā–² Legend ā–²
Nov 17, 2017
I look forward to fighting more moblins

2017030417032400-f1c11a22faee3b82f21b330e1b786a39.jpg

For real though, this is extremely bad.

ErichWK

Oct 25, 2017
Sandy Eggo
God that is fucking insane. I remember the 2004 san diego fires and thought that was insane..but this overwhelms that by a large margin. I'm curious, i've been trying to look for info but can't find anything.. what happens to the people that had the gender reveal party that caused this fire??

Curler

Oct 26, 2017
God that is fucking insane. I remember the 2004 san diego fires and thought that was insane..but this overwhelms that by a large margin. I'm curious, i've been trying to look for info but can't find anything.. what happens to the people that had the gender reveal party that caused this fire??

It's really not "this" fire. That was one fire of MANY MANY fires going on at the same time, all along the entire west coast. Oregon is also getting hit bad right now, too. I'm sure this is the worst recorded fire year in history, so it's particularly bad from just everything.