• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

OnionPowder

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Orlando, FL
Kind of crazy there's gonna be a bigger gap between Breath of the Wild and Breath of the Wild 2 than there was between Skyward Sword and Breath of the Wild.

Wasn't this originally rumored to be releasing in like 2020? Hilarious in hindsight.

Jan 3, 2018
Gotta be launching with new hardware.

What's their holiday game then? Just Pokemon? No way it's a new 3D Mario. Maybe Mario and Rabbids.

Noppie

Oct 27, 2017
Wouldn't be a Zelda if it wasn't. The Elden Ring comments remain embarrassing.

Fun new footage. Wonder what's up with the sword.

deathsaber

Nov 2, 2017
Not surprising. Not only for needed delay reasons, but because they already have a mega selling holiday tentpole lined up with Pokemon Scarlet and Violet.

Also, might as well bump that release back to holiday 2023 (they aint releasing that game in the Spring, even if it IS ready).

Damn Silly

Oct 25, 2017
That tracks.

They still have a strong slate of games throughout the year, so they can take the time they need.

Goldenh

Feb 9, 2020
NOOOOOO ugh dammit. I knew it but goddamn still hurts. This game better go NUTS.

But then again, ER is Goty so Zelda will lead next year yup

Edit : WAIT we got some new footage, they showed link's face. Aight aight.
Mastersword is fked but looks pretty nice.

ALSO he just confirmed that yes it takes place in the same hyrule and in the sky but it also goes "way beyond that" meaning we will have a lot of new areas.
I hope they can take some notes from Elden Ring with this delay and add more boss in the overworld, more enemy variety and rewards other than shrines.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
"The expanded world goes beyond that"

This game bout to be amazing

MouldyK

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Nov 1, 2017
Elden ring got them SPOOKED

They adding features like that Thread wanted them to!

jph139

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
New footage is interesting - long hair Link and a rotted Master Sword?

Bummer I guess, but eh, I'm not in a rush. Maybe we'll get WWHD/TPHD later this year to fill the gap! Please?

CesareNorrez

Oct 25, 2017
I'm glad they narrowed the release window. Knowing the season it releases in makes it feel more concrete (could still be delayed of course).

Ashes of Dreams

Fallen Guardian of Unshakable Resolve
May 22, 2020
I agree with all the "take your time" posts, though at the same time I really do hope the game is something more than "more botw". 6 years was the time between Skyward Sword and Breath of the Wild and I was fine with it, made sense, open world games take a long time to make and there was a lot of stuff they needed to do for BotW. 6 years for it's direct sequel though, especially when it means we won't see the next truly NEW Zelda game for probably another 6+ years after that... I really do hope this game gives me more of what I want from Zelda than BotW did or something.