Who do you think will win?:

• Saitama (One Punch Man Series)

Votes: 263 60.2%
  • Popeye (Popeye Series)

Votes: 174 39.8%

• Total voters

Host Samurai

Oct 27, 2017
Sick episode. It was one of those fights where I thought it would go either way, but yeah, makes total sense that Popeye would win with toon powers.

Tetsuo next season, fuck yeah. I doubt we will ever see this match, but Yujiro (Baki) vs a JoJo character like the Pillermen would be excellent.

Deleted member 3924

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Eh. Was a perfect opportunity to have an unreachable conclusion, or go farther and have the fight break the 4th wall into the room with the two death battle analysis characters. (also egg-saitama would probably still be unbeatable, kind of like when Vegito gets turned into chocolate by Buu and that's not even a gag manga).

Basically, they go with the most boring and expected conclusion as usual.

OP
OP
TheGamingNewsGuy

TheGamingNewsGuy

One Winged Slayer
Nov 5, 2017
The episode is already at 835K Views. This is definitely going to be the most successful DB of the year

HStallion

Oct 25, 2017
I'm usually not a fan of a lot of Death Battles but this was one of the better ones from the animation to the actual fight.

Sick episode. It was one of those fights where I thought it would go either way, but yeah, makes total sense that Popeye would win with toon powers.

Tetsuo next season, fuck yeah. I doubt we will ever see this match, but Yujiro (Baki) vs a JoJo character like the Pillermen would be excellent.

Yujiro vs Akuma seems like the better match up. Poor Akuma though.

OP
OP
TheGamingNewsGuy

TheGamingNewsGuy

One Winged Slayer
Nov 5, 2017
Demon Slayer being in DEATH BATTLE makes me think..when is Jujutsu Kaisen coming? I feel like JJK will probalby end up being matched with Chainsaw Man due to the connections.

HStallion

Oct 25, 2017
Demon Slayer being in DEATH BATTLE makes me think..when is Jujutsu Kaisen coming? I feel like JJK will probalby end up being matched with Chainsaw Man due to the connections.

CSM is a better match up. There are only a handful of characters in DS that would last long agaisnt the heavy hitters in JJK. Muzan working with all the Demon Moons wouldn't even be able to touch Gojo.

I am pretty sure Akuma wins, i could be wrong though

Yujiro is stupidly strong to the point the world governments keep stock piles of nukes in part so they have a full proof way of killing Yujiro.

OP
OP
TheGamingNewsGuy

TheGamingNewsGuy

One Winged Slayer
Nov 5, 2017
CSM is a better match up. There are only a handful of characters in DS that would last long agaisnt the heavy hitters in JJK. Muzan working with all the Demon Moons wouldn't even be able to touch Gojo.

Yujiro is stupidly strong to the point the world governments keep stock piles of nukes in part so they have a full proof way of killing Yujiro.
Yeah, i feel like we will probalby get JJK vs CSM and it will be Gojo vs Makima and Yuji vs Denji

Host Samurai

Oct 27, 2017
I'm usually not a fan of a lot of Death Battles but this was one of the better ones from the animation to the actual fight.

Yujiro vs Akuma seems like the better match up. Poor Akuma though.
I think that's too obvious of a matchup. Neither have shown any weakness either, besides those tranqs and a net in early Baki. I actually think Akumka takes this, while Yujiro/Kars can literally go either way.

HStallion

Oct 25, 2017
I think that's too obvious of a matchup. Neither have shown any weakness either, besides those tranqs and a net in early Baki. I actually think Akumka takes this, while Yujiro/Kars can literally go either way.

Oni maybe but Akuma doesn't have the kind of feats Yujiro does like stopping earthquakes with a single punch.

Host Samurai

Oct 27, 2017
Oni maybe but Akuma doesn't have the kind of feats Yujiro does like stopping earthquakes with a single punch.
They can always use Asuras wrath for feats too. Speaking of Akuma, he should have beat Shao Khan, I didn't buy that fight one bit as Liu Kang KO'd Khan with that exact same move, and Akuma has shown zero weaknesses.

Zan

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Why wasn't there a rubberhose segment in the fight? I'd love to see Saitama in that style.

immortal-joe

Oct 25, 2017

Yujiro is perfect for Death Battle, since studying his limits will expose the chaos that is the power scaling within the world of Grappler Baki. It's why these 'gag fights' are such a waste for me, since it's not fun exposing and outlining the powers of characters who were never meant to be taken with a straight face. Their entire foundation is about being 'silly', or representing a satirical view of other shows / characters / tropes.

It's genuinely interesting and entertaining to reveal the 'anime bullshit' logic driving characters like Madara Uchiha, but not so much a cartoon character who follows 'toon logic'.

Josh378

Oct 27, 2017
So my question is...did Saitama lose to power or was it Popeye 's toonforce transform him into an egg?

OP
OP
TheGamingNewsGuy

TheGamingNewsGuy

One Winged Slayer
Nov 5, 2017
Bahaha...Toonforce is soo op!!
Mannnn...i can't wait for the inveitable

latest

L4DANathan

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Fairfax, VA, USA
I just watched it, and I legitimately think it's the best episode. Pretty much all the jokes landed and they really captured both the tone and comedy of both characters in the fight itself.

OP
OP
TheGamingNewsGuy

TheGamingNewsGuy

One Winged Slayer
Nov 5, 2017
I just watched it, and I legitimately think it's the best episode. Pretty much all the jokes landed and they really captured both the tone and comedy of both characters in the fight itself.
It's not my personal favourite episode but yeah - i definitely think it is one of the best episodes overall. It feels complete like how Snake vs Sam or Iron Man vs Lex Luthor did

also

www.resetera.com

What is your favourite DEATH BATTLE Season 8 Episode?

I been recently thinking about the most recent season of DEATH BATTLE Season 8 - honestly, i think it was one of the best seasons they have ever done in DEATH BATTLE - which gets to the question, what is my personal favourite episode in Season 8 of DEATH BATTLE and that would honestly be an...