Tagyhag

Oct 27, 2017
why couldn't it have been just oiled up muscle men in the jungle

Shane would say "Well we already did that".

I THINK THAT WOULD BE A BETTER ALTERNATIVE TO THIS, SHANE.

Although to be fair, we don't have the oiled up muscle men star power of the 80's. The Rock would be a good substitute for Arnold, but not enough.

I Don't Like

Dec 11, 2017
You forgot to mention the mask has automatic defenses. When the kid is trick or treating someone doesn't come to the door and instead throws something at him from the balcony. Which the mask has a small gun that pops out and kills a bunch of people when the mask blows up the fucking house.[/spoilers]

I'm in tears.

Admiral Woofington

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Ok so here we go, explanation of that spoiler:

So the kid in the movie is McKenna Jr, whos father is basically the Arnold of the movie. This kid has Aspergers which they mention numerous times, allowing him to figure out how to use their technology and put back together chess boards that have been knocked on the ground.

At one point, Olivia Munn is talking with McKenna Sr about him and says, "You know, some people think your son isn't disabled but is rather the next step in human evolution."

The Ultimate Predator, who is an 11 foot CG monstrosity that looks fucking comical, says that "McKenna is the only warrior among you" referring to the kid and Olivia Munn start shouting that the Predator wants Jr's DNA to inject into himself, because the Predators have been amping themselves up through genetics, because Aspergers makes you the ultimate hunter

Fuck this movie. Fuck this movie so hard.
I can't

I can't

I can't

E6vrKUS.jpg

Window

Oct 27, 2017
At this point we have to start thinking about the value of creating threads bases on early twitter reactions. They're almost always positive and kind of useless.

lacer

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
At this point we have to start thinking about the value of creating threads bases on early twitter reactions. They're almost always positive and kind of useless.
not sure what thread you're reading homie but the reactions itt ain't exactly glowing lol

Drain You

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 27, 2017
Connecticut
I had no idea this movie was coming out so soon. I thought it was still like a year out. Haven't been following it at all so that's probably why. I'll go see this good or bad, I've got some gift cards and I always end up finding atleast some entertainment out of all these sorts of movies.

I Don't Like

Dec 11, 2017
On a related note I'd like to share this amazing promo for the Ultimate Predator I found:

You know I actually like the idea of an 11 foot "ultimate" predator. Sucks the CG was bad and that the character had to be part of this completely ridiculous movie.

Oct 25, 2017

So the kid in the movie is McKenna Jr, whos father is basically the Arnold of the movie. This kid has Aspergers which they mention numerous times, allowing him to figure out how to use their technology and put back together chess boards that have been knocked on the ground.

At one point, Olivia Munn is talking with McKenna Sr about him and says, "You know, some people think your son isn't disabled but is rather the next step in human evolution."

The Ultimate Predator, who is an 11 foot CG monstrosity that looks fucking comical, says that "McKenna is the only warrior among you" referring to the kid and Olivia Munn start shouting that the Predator wants Jr's DNA to inject into himself, because the Predators have been amping themselves up through genetics, because Aspergers makes you the ultimate hunter

What the fuck did I just read

lacer

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The OP has all positive impression tweets barring one. The one extremely negative response being discussed comes from a poster and not twitter.
there's more posts itt than the op tho? "1/5" "sometimes movies are bad" "the predator is deeply terrible" "good morning! the predator is so bad" - from other ppl at the screening

hermit

Oct 25, 2017
we need to bring back the oiled up muscle men. how am i gonna watch homoerotic right-wing action movies without them?

More_Badass

Oct 25, 2017
Shane would say "Well we already did that".

I THINK THAT WOULD BE A BETTER ALTERNATIVE TO THIS, SHANE.

Although to be fair, we don't have the oiled up muscle men star power of the 80's. The Rock would be a good substitute for Arnold, but not enough.
Give it to Neil Marshall, the guy made Dog Soldiers and The Descent. He knows how to handle gory R-rated action-horror and practical creature effects.

Mengy

Oct 25, 2017

WTF??!?!?!?

cFOnfs4.gif

kai3345

Oct 25, 2017

hahaha what

funky

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I want to meet the creative fella that went, "
But what if autism is the predators vaccine"

I bet someone thought they where real clever.

Deleted member 1041

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
this movie sounds terrible

those 'positive' tweets posted about it reek of 'Oh I got invited to a movie it's good no matter what!' type of people.

Wanderer5

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Somewhere.
I never planned on seeing this movie but

Oh man, I forgot about the scene where

The kid is basically hacking into the Predator mask, but its Halloween and he doesn't like the costume his mom got for him.

So instead he tapes the giant fucking helmet to his head and is Trick R Treating in it. It looks hilarious.

Also forgot to mention his Dad steals Predator tech at the beginning of the movie, and swallows the tech that allows Predators to become camouflaged. He shits it out later in the movie to use it.

You forgot to mention the mask has automatic defenses. When the kid is trick or treating someone doesn't come to the door and instead throws something at him from the balcony. Which the mask has a small gun that pops out and kills a bunch of people when the mask blows up the fucking house.[/spoilers]

OH MY GOD! XD I just... Wow.

Anth0ny

Oct 25, 2017

Get the rock

Oil him up

Have him fight predator in the jungle and call him a mother fucker

IT'S NOT HARD

Korigama

Oct 25, 2017

On the stinger:

So there are two Predators in this movie. One is actually a really cool looking, practical effects "guy in a suit" Predator, who has stolen something from his people to help humanity survive. The other Predator is 11 feet tall and is completely CG. When some reviews said that the climax reminded them of the terrible CG from "The Mummy Returns" they weren't fucking kidding.

When the big Predator is killed at the end, they discover this capsule and the kid, who is 8, is now working with the army to decode the Predator language. The capsule starts opening and the kid is like "WAIT ITS TRANSLATING!"

This is built up so terribly that I literally thought that a Terminator was about to pop up and the kid was going to say, "THEY CALL IT SKYNET!" or some shit.

The kid then says "They call it....THE PREDATOR KILLER!" and a tiny gauntlet floats out of the capsule. It then slaps onto a nerdy scientist's arm and starts forming around him like Iron Man except it looks like a Predator, only he has giant claws and about 8 shoulder guns that practically reach half way up to the ceiling. It looks so amazingly horrible, I can't even describe it.

The scene, and movie, then ends with McKenna Sr. saying, "I HOPE THEY MAKE THAT IN A 42 LONG!"
Also, I have to mention the Predator Dog

One of the soldiers just non-chalantly walks up to the Predator Dog and shoots it in the brain. Instead of killing it, it makes the Predator Dog love the soldiers instead. At one point, they're playing fetch with it WITH A GRENADE. This comes into play later when the Predator Dog pukes up the grenade in front of Olivia Munn who uses it to blow up her government captor.

The movie also cannot decide if the Predators are bullet proof or not.

The kid is basically hacking into the Predator mask, but its Halloween and he doesn't like the costume his mom got for him.

So instead he tapes the giant fucking helmet to his head and is Trick R Treating in it. It looks hilarious.

Also forgot to mention his Dad steals Predator tech at the beginning of the movie, and swallows the tech that allows Predators to become camouflaged. He shits it out later in the movie to use it.
giphy.gif

... I have severely underestimated just how insanely dumb I expected this movie to be.

Deleted member 1589

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Laughing so hard.

More_Badass

Oct 25, 2017

Get the rock

Oil him up

Have him fight predator in the jungle and call him a mother fucker

IT'S NOT HARD
That would be criticized for just being a poor retread floundering in the shadow of the original

Honestly what they should have done is get someone like Neil Marshall or Joe Carnahan or Doug Liman, and do the original Predator 2 idea, which was placing the Predator in historical scenarios. Predator 2 was nearly going to be about a Predator stalking the Battle of the Bulge.

Or go full sci-fi and have a colonial marine squad taking on a Predator, have a xenomorph cameo in the final act for bonus points

Anth0ny

Oct 25, 2017
That would be criticized for just being a poor retread floundering in the shadow of the original

Creed and The Force Awakens did it and they were critical and commercial successes.

You can do something different while still capturing the spirit of the original... and I think having the rock involved, who really is the modern day arnold, would go a long way.

All of these predator sequels are just going for something wildly different from the original and it's... not working. Over and over and over.

Hindenblewp

Oct 27, 2017
Oh my god, the leaks were REAL. I just spent the last several minutes fucking cry-laughing. This had to get APPROVED, by SEVERAL PEOPLE. I may pregame to hell and see this just for the hell of it, now. I cannot believe this shit.

My sides hurt so much.

SinkFla

Oct 26, 2017
Pensacola, Fl

Backfire. You just sold a ticket .

Yankee Ruin X

Oct 31, 2017
Going to see this anyway especially after reading those incredible spoilers, holy shit what were they smoking. Like seriously how hard is it to make a good Predator movie. Wish they would just make Hunters Planet or something.

SuperBanana

Oct 28, 2017

How can someone write this and think "Yes, this is a good idea!"?

El Bombastico

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I was about to say that I've always hated how Fox treats the Predator franchise as some red-headed step child not really worthy of attention, while the Alien franchise gets all the effort and interest.

But then I remembered that Alien Convenant exists, so I guess its fair to say that Fox (and now Disney) doesn't give a shit about either of them anymore.

Funky Papa

Oct 28, 2017

On the stinger:

So there are two Predators in this movie. One is actually a really cool looking, practical effects "guy in a suit" Predator, who has stolen something from his people to help humanity survive. The other Predator is 11 feet tall and is completely CG. When some reviews said that the climax reminded them of the terrible CG from "The Mummy Returns" they weren't fucking kidding.

When the big Predator is killed at the end, they discover this capsule and the kid, who is 8, is now working with the army to decode the Predator language. The capsule starts opening and the kid is like "WAIT ITS TRANSLATING!"

This is built up so terribly that I literally thought that a Terminator was about to pop up and the kid was going to say, "THEY CALL IT SKYNET!" or some shit.

The kid then says "They call it....THE PREDATOR KILLER!" and a tiny gauntlet floats out of the capsule. It then slaps onto a nerdy scientist's arm and starts forming around him like Iron Man except it looks like a Predator, only he has giant claws and about 8 shoulder guns that practically reach half way up to the ceiling. It looks so amazingly horrible, I can't even describe it.

The scene, and movie, then ends with McKenna Sr. saying, "I HOPE THEY MAKE THAT IN A 42 LONG!"

Also, I have to mention the Predator Dog

One of the soldiers just non-chalantly walks up to the Predator Dog and shoots it in the brain. Instead of killing it, it makes the Predator Dog love the soldiers instead. At one point, they're playing fetch with it WITH A GRENADE. This comes into play later when the Predator Dog pukes up the grenade in front of Olivia Munn who uses it to blow up her government captor.

The movie also cannot decide if the Predators are bullet proof or not.

Stop, you just sold me a VOD watch.

It's sad that this may kill the Predator franchise for at least another decade. On the plus side, maybe people will start seeing Shane Black for the mediocre filmmaker that he currently is. He lost his mojo.

Dullahan

Always bets on black
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Those spoilers sold me. Sounds like one of the best bad movies possible.