xyla

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
No eye tracking and HDR make this pretty much a non starter.

Was kinda interested but I'll just wait it out for deckard at this point.

OtakuCoder

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
UK
I wonder if the lack of eye-tracking is due to SteamVR not having support for it?

Kraken3dfx

Oct 25, 2017
Denver, CO
Insane that HDR, eye tracking, haptics, etc aren't going to work on PC, this is literally the least they could do and charge you $60 for.

shancake

Managing Editor ‑ Press Start
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
What's the cord on the back right of the adaptor? Optical?

Mass Effect

One Winged Slayer
Oct 31, 2017
I might finally get a PSVR2… But I'll at least wait until it's confirmed that PC compatibility is good.

Thewonandonly

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Utah
So do I need Bluetooth to play this? Never installed a Bluetooth chip into my PC cause I'm cheap and it allready cost and arm and a leg 😭

Jarmel

The Jackrabbit Always Wins
Oct 25, 2017
New York
No HDR or eye tracking makes this dead in the water. What's the fucking point then?

Mattmo831

Featuring Mattmo831 from the Apple v Epic case
Oct 26, 2020
The PSVR 2 finally gets half life alyx!!! (Heavy asterisks)

TalonJH

Oct 27, 2017
Louisville, KY
I doubt the features are disabled as much as games would have to be patched to work with it. I'm happy with my Quest 3. I would have considered PSVR2 if this was possible back when I was looking for a new headset With the promise that some games would use those features.

Dinjoralo

Oct 25, 2017
I was interested until I saw that nearly everything that makes the headset special isn't functional. Fuck off. There are headsets with eye-tracked foveated rendering, right?

CenaToon

Oct 25, 2017
Did... did they post a screenshot Alyx in that blog without announcing it for PSVR2? I officially fucking give up.

Sony: "So, can you port alyx to ps5 please?"

Gaben: "eh, i dont know... it's a hassle to port..."

Sony: "FINE, YOU KNOW WHAT, I WILL MAKE MY OWN ADAPTER SO PEOPLE PLAY IT WITH OUR VR DEVICE, FUCK YOU"

Devilgunman

Oct 27, 2017
I mean the most popular PC VR headset, the Quest 3, doesn't have eyes tracking or HDR so I don't see this as a big deal that PSVR2 doesn't use them in PC VR as well.

Remark

Oct 27, 2017
With the amount of features missing as well as dealing with the downsides of the PSVR2 (made even worse now that you have to deal with a breakout box and another DisplayPort cable), I don't see the point in this unless you have a PSVR2 lying around.

If you're on PC I would just say get a Quest 3 or wait for Valve's VR headset coming (hopefully) soon.

Izanagi89

"This guy are sick" and Corrupted by Vengeance
Oct 27, 2017
Sony news always got some caveat these days lol

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
Most interested to see if they start launching first party VR games on Steam with this now.

Obviously this adaptor is awesome (and cheap!) but an awesome by-product could be Sony's VR games launching on PC for owners of all headsets.

Dec 11, 2017
Sony manufactured 1 million PSVR2 headsets. They've sold just over half of them so far. The primary goal of this adapter is in all likelihood to help sell through the remaining inventory without having to lose money by selling the headsets at deep discounts. Every indication is the product is being sunset and people should set their expectations accordingly.

Hasney

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Not a bad price if you already have one, but Quest 3 easily clears without the benefit of eye tracking or HDR.

OP
OP
Red Kong XIX

Red Kong XIX

Oct 11, 2020
Most interested to see if they start launching first party VR games on Steam with this now.

Obviously this adaptor is awesome (and cheap!) but an awesome by-product could be Sony's VR games launching on PC for owners of all headsets.
VR is so small that a port probably still doesn't make sense.

Remark

Oct 27, 2017

I highly doubt it.

Like another poster said, I feel this is a way to move their remaining stock. I still feel under the impression that the PSVR2 is going to get sunsetted in the next 1-2 years. Sony themselves already aren't really supporting it.

EMBee99

Oct 27, 2017
Austin, TX
I wonder if this will stoke some partnership to get some of those features supported by Steam VR. Sounds more like a limitation there. It's the same with the DualSense on PC, where adaptive stuff doesn't work unless it's natively supported by the application, which requires workarounds on Steam.

apocat

Oct 27, 2017
Decent price, I'm looking forward to playing a bunch of PC exclusive titles that I've missed out on. It's probably worth it just to open up Beat Saber.

I guess I'll be buying this instead of Astro Bot.

LabRat

Mar 16, 2018
can't believe they are promoting this with half life alyx. they know everyone wants it on PS5 but either they can't afford it or valve for some reason won't let them.

i need to see some comparsion of how this stacks up against quest 3

Nesther

Oct 27, 2017
Switzerland
With the amount of features missing as well as dealing with the downsides of the PSVR2 (made even worse now that you have to deal with a breakout box and another DisplayPort cable), I don't see the point in this unless you have a PSVR2 lying around.

If you're on PC I would just say get a Quest 3 or wait for Valve's VR headset coming (hopefully) soon.

It's great for us PS VR users who can't justify another headset to dabble into PC specific VR games/applications. Sure, niche, but honestly a godsend.

dakun

Oct 28, 2017
Sony manufactured 1 million PSVR2 headsets. They've sold just over half of them so far. The primary goal of this adapter is in all likelihood to help sell through the remaining inventory without having to lose money by selling the headsets at deep discounts. Every indication is the product is being sunset and people should set their expectations accordingly.
well with the PSVR2 officially becoming a PC headset too (for people with the adapter) people thankfully don't have to rely on Sony to make the headset relevant anymore

LAA

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Cool they're supporting it on PC at least, but shame a bunch of features aren't.
Eye tracking seemed the biggest thing to me and HDR, and neither of them are supported, which is a big shame.
Also weird/shame they don't support Dualsense fully on PC, as in you can't make/edit profiles on PC.