Red Kong XIX

Oct 11, 2020

View: https://x.com/PlayStation/status/1797629397777948847
blog.playstation.com

PlayStation VR2 players can access games on PC with adapter starting on August 7

With the PlayStation VR2 PC adapter, players can expand their game library with thousands of SteamVR titles.

cfa8b40a906572604df269e3048d488f01a1d56c.jpg

To start, players will need to purchase a PlayStation VR2 PC adapter, which will be available for an estimated retail price of $59.99 / €59.99 / £49.99 at select retailers and direct.playstation.com where available. Players will also need a commercially available DisplayPort cable (sold separately) that is compatible with DisplayPort 1.4, as well as a Steam account and a PC that meets the minimum requirements below.

Minimum PC requirements

dDmBmP1.png

Setup is easy: simply connect PlayStation VR2 to your PC using the PS VR2 PC adapter and the DisplayPort 1.4 cable. Then, download the PlayStation VR2 App and the SteamVR App from Steam. This will allow you to set up PS VR2 on your PC, customize your settings and play area, and start purchasing and playing games in SteamVR.

Feature differences with PS VR2 on PS5

PS VR2 was designed from the ground up specifically for PS5 – so you'll notice that some key features, like HDR, headset feedback, eye tracking, adaptive triggers, and haptic feedback (other than rumble), are not available when playing on PC. However, other high-fidelity and sensory immersion features of PS VR2 are supported, including 4K visuals (2000 x 2040 per eye), 110-degree field of view, finger touch detection, and see-through view, as well as foveated rendering (without eye tracking) and 3D Audio in supported games.

Last edited:

Smitch

The Unshakable Resolve of "this guy are sick"
Apr 21, 2022

View: https://x.com/playstation/status/1797629397777948847?s=46
blog.playstation.com

PlayStation VR2 players can access games on PC with adapter starting on August 7

With the PlayStation VR2 PC adapter, players can expand their game library with thousands of SteamVR titles.

When PlayStation VR2 launched last year, we were thrilled to introduce PS5 players to a new generation of VR games with innovative gameplay and immersive sensory features. Inspired by our passion to bring gamers even more content options, we've been working to enable access to additional games on PC, complementing the diverse PS VR2 games lineup available on PS5. Today, we're happy to share that we'll be rolling out this support on August 7.

Players will have access to buy and play Steam's expansive library of thousands of VR games, including fan favorites like Half-Life: Alyx, Fallout 4 VR, and War Thunder.
To start, players will need to purchase a PlayStation VR2 PC adapter, which will be available for an estimated retail price of $59.99 / €59.99 / £49.99 at select retailers and direct.playstation.com where available. Players will also need a commercially available DisplayPort cable (sold separately) that is compatible with DisplayPort 1.4, as well as a Steam account and a PC that meets the minimum requirements below.*

Minimum PC requirements

Here are the minimum requirements for PS VR2 gameplay on PC:

Operating systemWindows 10 64-bit / Windows 11 64-bit
ProcessorIntel Core i5-7600 / AMD Ryzen 3 3100 (Zen 2 or later architecture is required)
RAM / memory8 GB or more
GPU / graphics card-NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650 or later (Turing or later architecture is required)-NVIDIA RTX series-AMD Radeon RX 5500XT or later / AMD Radeon RX 6500XT or later
(For the best performance, we recommend that you use an NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 or later or AMD Radeon RX 6600XT or later graphics card)
DisplayPortDisplayPort 1.4 (must have a standard DisplayPort or Mini DisplayPort output port)
USBDirect connection only
BluetoothBluetooth 4.0 or later**

Setup is easy: simply connect PlayStation VR2 to your PC using the PS VR2 PC adapter and the DisplayPort 1.4 cable. Then, download the PlayStation VR2 App and the SteamVR App from Steam. This will allow you to set up PS VR2 on your PC, customize your settings and play area, and start purchasing and playing games in SteamVR.

As with all PC gaming technology, performance may vary depending on your PC setup, including system compatibility and the quality of your DisplayPort 1.4 cable. Please ensure your setup meets the minimum requirements. SteamVR titles also have individual system requirements, so please refer to the game information on Steam.

PS VR2 was designed from the ground up specifically for PS5 – so you'll notice that some key features, like HDR, headset feedback, eye tracking, adaptive triggers, and haptic feedback (other than rumble), are not available when playing on PC. However, other high-fidelity and sensory immersion features of PS VR2 are supported, including 4K visuals (2000 x 2040 per eye), 110-degree field of view, finger touch detection, and see-through view, as well as foveated rendering (without eye tracking) and 3D Audio in supported games.***
While the most immersive way to experience PS VR2 gaming remains on PS5, we hope players will enjoy the ability to play an expanded lineup of VR games on PC using the same headset. You can check out Steam's huge library of multiplayer open worlds, survival horror and stealth action games, sports sims, puzzlers, and free-to-play fan favorites on the Steam Store.

J-Skee

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
Did... did they post a screenshot Alyx in that blog without announcing it for PSVR2? I officially fucking give up.

Mocha Joe

Jun 2, 2021
PS VR2 was designed from the ground up specifically for PS5 – so you'll notice that some key features, like HDR, headset feedback, eye tracking, adaptive triggers, and haptic feedback (other than rumble), are not available when playing on PC. However, other high-fidelity and sensory immersion features of PS VR2 are supported, including 4K visuals (2000 x 2040 per eye), 110-degree field of view, finger touch detection, and see-through view, as well as foveated rendering (without eye tracking) and 3D Audio in supported games.***

Ouch, welp that sucks

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
How comfortable are these compared to Quest 1? Looking to upgrade my headset for racing sims and want something more comfortable. Also, how is it with glasses?

Jubilant Duck

Oct 21, 2022
PS VR2 was designed from the ground up specifically for PS5 – so you'll notice that some key features, like HDR, headset feedback, eye tracking, adaptive triggers, and haptic feedback (other than rumble), are not available when playing on PC.
goddamnit

hoping modding community can access some of that stuff

SCUMMbag

Prophet of Truth - Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
Awesome. Hopefully they include it at some point in the future.

Heazy

IT Tech
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
London, UK
Somewhat reasonable price I guess? Kinda wish I hadn't sold my PSVR2 now.

Also lol at the statement piece with that picture "You're never getting Alyx on PS5!"

Interesting tidbit there though, you need Steam for this.

Qwark

Oct 27, 2017
Woah, didn't expect them to advertise with HL:A. Cheaper than I was expecting too. I hope it works with my gaming laptop.
Shoot, my laptop doesn't have a display port. Are there any adapter workarounds? I have a dock with a display port, wonder if that would work.

Zebesian-X

Dec 3, 2018
I'm crying @them finally using Alyx to sell their headset and it's for the fuckin PC Adaptor

It's over

Byron Hinson

Nov 14, 2017
UK
Pay for dongle and no HDR lol. Really no reason to buy this unless you already have one for sure. Pancake lens of the quest 3 really wins here. I have both and hoped to try it out but very poor option now.

Diogo Arez

One Winged Slayer
Oct 20, 2020
No Haptic Feedback is baffling, surely it's compatible in some way, right? Such a weird restriction

Tidus9000

Oct 27, 2017
PS VR2 was designed from the ground up specifically for PS5 – so you'll notice that some key features, like HDR, headset feedback, eye tracking, adaptive triggers, and haptic feedback (other than rumble), are not available when playing on PC.
I guess not many games would use these features on PC anyway but this still sucks

modiz

Oct 8, 2018
So… what's the point with all the disabled features? Foveated rendering with eye tracking (and eye tracking in general) and HDR are exactly the reason you'd prefer this headset over the Quest.

J-Skee

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
Cold blooded photo to use

Because you will be able to play Alyx on pc using psvr2, that's just a fact
But at this point I don't think Valve is willing to port it on playstation.

lol monkey paw situation

Somewhat reasonable price I guess? Kinda wish I hadn't sold my PSVR2 now.

Also lol at the statement piece with that picture "You're never getting Alyx on PS5!"

Interesting tidbit there though, you need Steam for this.

I'm crying @them finally using Alyx to sell their headset and it's for the fuckin PC Adaptor

It's over
I'm dead inside

AuthenticM

Son Altesse Sérénissime
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
that's cool!

So all of the PC VR games are going to work out-of-the-box with this adaptor?

Mocha Joe

Jun 2, 2021
I just don't get how HDR isn't supported. Other features…ok fine might be a challenge to support. But HDR????

dakun

Oct 28, 2017

i wonder if these features are not available because it would need to be supported by the developers of each game specifically or if the feature is just not there on PC period.
But I'm there day 1

BeeDog

Oct 26, 2017
I'll take one! Bummed that some features won't work (mainly HDR) but I guess there are valid technical restrictions in place. And they knew what they were doing with the Alyx image LOL, couldn't be clearer about Valve not wanting to port the game.

jack.

Oct 27, 2017

I just sold mine and was a bit worried that they would release this thing and make me regret it but... lol. That sucks.

Nesther

Oct 27, 2017
Switzerland
Day fucking 1, I've been waiting ages for this feature. Finally can try out PC VR.

Although .... Will this even work on a laptop?

petetnt

Oct 28, 2017
Seriously considering buying one right now, as it hits the sweet spot of the amount of games I am looking to play and what systems are available. Hopefully some of the features cut out are enabled later on.

vixolus

Prophet of Truth
Sep 22, 2020
lol none of the marquee features work on pc. Hopefully some kind of mod unlocks those features I guess. Otherwise, what's the point of getting this for pc if you havent already bought one?

Still, its better than nothing to at least offer the compatibility/adapter. Anyone with a vr2 should probably buy the adapter so they dont become scarce or scalped.