• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Lobster Roll

signature-less, now and forever
Sep 24, 2019
It feels like everything released this month is an 80-85. It's just hit after hit after hit after hit.

Dizastah

Oct 25, 2017
Nice. Looks like I will be picking this up........assuming my PS5 actually comes....sigh.

oggob

Oct 25, 2017
Sydney, Australia
Great scores, though I was in for this regardless. The whole game just looked fascinating.

This game, Bugsnax and Astro's will keep me busy until my physical games arrive (silly Amazon)

Deleted member 864

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Great to see it getting nice scores. It's a little too spendy for me to buy right now, but once it's on a good sale in the future I'll pick it up.

Bushido

Senior Game Designer
Verified
Feb 6, 2018
Was always sure this would be a day one for me, hopefully the good reviews give it an awareness/sales boost.

panama chief

Oct 27, 2017
Any word on PC vs PS5?

any locked frame rates? I want to support the dev and have more than Miles on my PlayStation but if I can get 4k/120 on PC, that's where the money is being spent.

Edit: got an answer from GamingBolt.com 4k/30 on PS5. guess ill grab it on the Epic Store.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
I actually preferred Abzu over this (couldn't get the review done in time because of some personal issues), but it's still a really fun and beatiful game. Great boss fights. Really repetitive, though.

nib95

Contains No Misinformation on Philly Cheesesteaks
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
81 on Meta and 83 on OC. Another solid title. The PS5 launch is getting better by the moment as these reviews pour in. Even games I didn't expect to review well like this and Bugsnax, are getting solid reviews.

John Frost

Oct 27, 2017
Canada
81 on Meta and 83 on OC. Another solid title. The PS5 launch is getting better by the moment as these reviews pour in. Even games I didn't expect to review well like this and Bugsnax, are getting solid reviews.

I remember back in 2013, the launch games were pretty meh score wise.

Good start for this gen^^

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
Anyone know when it launches on Apple Arcade? Is it this Friday? Thinking of resubbing for a month to play this and a few others I've missed since the first few months.

DangerMouse

Oct 25, 2017
Yup, has looked amazing since the reveal so that confirms this is indeed day 1 for me. This and DMC5 SE are definitely staying my first digital PS5 buys.

What an insane quality launch lineup.

Jiggy

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
wherever
Any word on PC vs PS5?

any locked frame rates? I want to support the dev and have more than Miles on my PlayStation but if I can get 4k/120 on PC, that's where the money is being spent.

Edit: got an answer from GamingBolt.com 4k/30 on PS5. guess ill grab it on the Epic Store.

It's not just 30, there's a 60fps mode on PS5 as well. No 120 tho.

seeing the world rush by at 4K and 60fps is a thing of beauty. Come for the frenetic gameplay, stay for the art.

Lord Fanny

Banned
Apr 25, 2020
It's also coming day 1 to Apple Arcade, in case people didn't know. I have no idea if anyone reviewed that version specifically so no idea how it performs or anything, though.

wafflebrain

Oct 27, 2017
I'd completely forgotten about this, and didn't realize it was same devs that did Abzu, one of my favs of the gen. Annapurna and Giant Squid stays winning.

This is one of the things I love about indies, good games with not big marketing pushes and hype that can creep up on you and suddenly you've got a great new game to play without the added wait and hype cycle attached.

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
I enjoyed Abzu, but this looks even more enticing to me. Glad to see it's reviewing well.

Annapurna keeping up with that top tier publisher track record.

Elandyll

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I'd have an easier time picking it up day 1 at $30, but given the reviews and how much it seems to check my boxes, might have to get it earlier rather than later.

Last edited:

Denamitea

Nov 1, 2017
Damn, I forgot about this game. Glad it's looking good though. I'll definitely pick it up sometime soon.

Deleted member 20852

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I was surprised to find out this will also be on Apple Arcade. Maybe I'll try it there, Apple TV is surprisingly convenient for gaming.

Incite

Oct 25, 2017
Nice! I'll def check it out on IOS and get some use out of my Kishi.
Been waiting for Genshin Impact to add controller support but I've pretty much let that game go for now as they don't seem interested in that.

Loved ABZU as well so curious as to what they have created here♥️

Zebesian-X

Dec 3, 2018
Would be awesome for this to have cross progression between iPhone and PS5! Nbd tho, gonna nab this on console. Must repay the devs after getting Abzu so cheap

Deleted member 9330

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Also out on Apple Arcade right now, for those who still have a sub. Gonna try it on my iPad with an Xbox controller later tonight.

OP
OP
Mezoly

Mezoly

Jimbo Replacement
Oct 25, 2017
I don't think anyone has signed up to do the game's OT.

I won't be able to do so in the coming days and quiet frankly I'm a noob at making threads.

If someone want to do so, please do make an OT.
A quick just a banner and info should suffice.

I have a bunch of images in the preview thread, feel free to use:
www.resetera.com

The Pathless Previews: Dualsense features, Performance modes, and Raw Gameplay footage

From IGN How PS5 Launch Game The Pathless Uses the DualSense Apple Arcade and Touch Screen features: Game will be PS5 launch day and releasing alongside PS4, PC, and Apple Arcade Preview Video from IGN GamesRadar Preview...

Falus

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It looks very good on PS4 pro ...obviously 30fps though. Will it be 60 on ps5 ?