• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Sanctuary

Oct 27, 2017
I'm trying to tinker Irion's Flintlock - it's in my inventory but when I use a workbench it won't show up. Very frustrating, playing on PC.

Tinker, or Mod? Because you can't Mod that weapon, but you can raise its level. Unique weapons simply won't show up when you are in the Mod section.

On the higher difficulties you likely wouldn't make it away from Edgewater. Hell, we'd probably barely make it too Edgewater. Nothing on any of the bodies of the people I kill belongs to me, after all.

I don't see why "I beat the game with 18000 spare rounds of assorted ammunition" is a problem though. F:NV had this "problem" for me as well and I had no complaints. If you want to play a survival horror game, go play a survival horror game, if you're tired of looting shit you don't need stop looting shit you don't need.

Otherwise... feel free to carry your 18000 rounds of assorted ammunition. They weigh nothing so why not?

My only point is that if someone were to actually "role-play" their characters, instead of being kleptos, you wouldn't see so many "god, this game is too easy" complaints. I doubt most set out to be a thief type character, but that's what most everyone ends up being anyway. You get a lot more than just ammo from stealing too. You get TONS of bits, or weapons to use or scrap for bits which then allows you to upgrade all of your gear. That's what makes it so easy.

Last edited:

Deleted member 48434

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 8, 2018
Sydney
I had to go to Byzantium for Parvati's quest.
I gotta 100% negative rating on the board, I'm shoot on sight.

I may have killed about 50 percent of the city population.

scy

Oct 25, 2017
My only point is that if someone were to actually "role-play" their characters, instead of being kleptos, you wouldn't see so many "god, this game is too easy" complaints. I doubt most set out to be a thief type character, but that's what most everyone ends up being anyway. You get a lot more than just ammo from stealing too. You get TONS of bits, or weapons to use or scrap for bits which then allows you to upgrade all of your gear. That's what makes it so easy.

I get your point but I think that if you just looted kills and normal lootable chests, you'd still end up with a healthy surplus? I went in expecting to spec for Long Guns and TTD-perks with high Science for cheap tinkering and it was as ridiculous as expected with every encounter being single shot per enemy (sans big beasts). And mechanicals. By the end of the game, even my companions with minimal Leadership investment could solo rooms of normal fodder enemies. ...again, except mechanicals. Really the conclusion I think I have is if the game was you vs robots then I'd have been a lot more fucked.

But seriously, you output a _lot_ of damage and can loot hundreds of ammo pretty quickly even without stealing. So a lot of ammo but you don't need to use it all but also bullet sponges is mostly tedium rather than difficulty.

Willin

Oct 28, 2017
Finished this absolutely amazing game. Boy, does it make me appreciate a trimmed down game where it has all the depth and fun of some of the best RPG's without investing 100 hours.

C4rter

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
I missed the "Anarchist's Cookbook" weapon because i lied to Lillian instead of just handing her the stuff.
Can I steal the weapon from her instead or is it gone forever?

Deleted member 48434

Banned
Oct 8, 2018
Sydney
God damn, the guards at Tartarus do NOT fuck around.
Get spotted and they decend on you like a pack of 50 wolf's with the best gear in the game.

I have to rethink my approach.

Psychotron

Oct 26, 2017
I can't believe how much time I've spent on the Groundbreaker, lol. My high dialogue has been a lifesaver, as I thought it would. I was able to take a situation that should have easily turned violent, and talked my way out of it getting everything I wanted. I'm also loving the secret paths allowing me to steal tons of items, which kind of reminds me of Deus Ex.

BreakerofChains

Alt-Account
Banned
Oct 24, 2019
Finished this absolutely amazing game. Boy, does it make me appreciate a trimmed down game where it has all the depth and fun of some of the best RPG's without investing 100 hours.
Not seeing this "depth" at all, it's a slimmed down Fallout, with zero challenge, writing is better than fallout but still not great.

Xx 720

Nov 3, 2017
Agre 100%, kind of hope when they make their first game under MS they use this as a template, perhaps with just updated graphics for next gen. It's the quality of writing and game versatility that matter most.

Starlatine

533.489 paid youtubers cant be wrong
Oct 28, 2017
This game WAS easy.

Until now.
The final mission is an obscene difficulty spike.

With the code right after landing and the reinforcements of the people i helped the only enemies i had to fight were the big boss and the chump after it. I cruised straight through everyone else, was even kinda disappointed, should have shot some dudes just for fun

Naudyboy

Alt Account
Banned
Oct 6, 2019
This game is awesome, I'm about to leave the first world. I love how I resolved the issue regarding the power plant. It was a satisfying ending. Can't wait to play some more tonight.

Deleted member 48434

Banned
Oct 8, 2018
Sydney
With the code right after landing and the reinforcements of the people i helped the only enemies i had to fight were the big boss and the chump after it. I cruised straight through everyone else, was even kinda disappointed, should have shot some dudes just for fun
The issue is, even though I am max level with good armor, getting fire focused on yourself for even a second is usually lethal. You loss HP so so fast.

Cyanity

Oct 25, 2017
Can't go higher than supernove...game needs balancing badly. I have 100 + consumables and never had to use 1.
mmm... so I'm only on the ship hub after the first planet, but tinkering with weapons + mods made me so op so quickly that I'm getting worried that this game is gonna be a cakewalk.

Well, at least Obsidian mentioned upcoming mod support, so hopefully people can tinker with the difficulty in the future

Kasey

Nov 1, 2017
Boise
Tinker, or Mod? Because you can't Mod that weapon, but you can raise its level. Unique weapons simply won't show up when you are in the Mod section.

A big part of it is limited ammo types too. A better system would have been to mod ammo itself for elemental upgrades instead of the gun so you have split pools of light/heavy. Shells should have existed for shotguns too.

Glio

Oct 27, 2017
Spain
Can anyone tell me what the difference in the ending between
take 100% of the chemical compound or only a part?

I didn't take it all because I didn't want to kill anyone.

Pheace

Aug 23, 2018
Can anyone tell me what the difference in the ending between
take 100% of the chemical compound or only a part?

I didn't take it all because I didn't want to kill anyone.
I don't know what your ending was like but in mine it was said we had enough to revive all the colonists I think and I took it all.

SunBroDave

Oct 25, 2017
So I'm 20 hours in, level 19, and just got to Fallbrook. Based on the playtime numbers that were getting thrown around before release, I figured that this would be where things might slow down and I start to get less quests, but god-DAMN - the amount of quests I've picked up on Monarch is absolutely staggering. This area is just packed with things to do. It's pretty amazing.

BreakerofChains

Alt-Account
Banned
Oct 24, 2019
Go to the character tab and select "Details" (or something similar- game isn't in front of me at the moment). You can see your status there and what they effect.

Or you can select the skills and there will be a red down arrow with a description on what's causing the debuff.

Are you playing on supernova?
Yeah that's the odd thing I did that and it shows no status or debuffs. I reloaded and it was gone.

CrichtonKicks

Oct 25, 2017
I wonder how many rounds and bits most would end up with at the end of the game if they never stole anything, which includes taking random shit out of chests that clearly do not belong to you, even if they aren't marked.

This is me- no stealing. I'm maybe halfway through the game and I've got over 1,000 pieces of each type of ammo . I use energy weapons almost exclusively so I'm no longer picking up light or heavy ammo.

Bit economy, on the other hand, is actually good playing this way. I spend most of my money tinkering and a good round at the workbench will wipe my bits out pretty quick.

Cyanity

Oct 25, 2017
So I'm 20 hours in, level 19, and just got to Fallbrook. Based on the playtime numbers that were getting thrown around before release, I figured that this would be where things might slow down and I start to get less quests, but god-DAMN - the amount of quests I've picked up on Monarch is absolutely staggering. This area is just packed with things to do. It's pretty amazing.

Posts like these make me wonder what sort of person is finishing this game in less than 10 hours. Like, are they sprinting from main quest to main quest without doing any side activities?

water_wendi

Oct 25, 2017
So im trying to see how well the game has sold and there doesnt seem to be any numbers out there yet. Some comments i did see was that its sold out at stores so i went to a couple different websites and sure enough if i want to pickup a physical copy i have to drive across town. Out of a large metropolitan area with about 20 Gamestops theres only two locations have any stock. Similar results also when checking Best Buys website.. id have to go 20 miles and pass a couple BB stores to get to one that has stock.

i dont know if this means anything but it seems like a good sign.

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Posts like these make me wonder what sort of person is finishing this game in less than 10 hours. Like, are they sprinting from main quest to main quest without doing any side activities?

thats the only way I can see it. I'm about to break 20 hours today and I barely wrapped up all that I can do as of now in monarch.

Cyanity

Oct 25, 2017
So im trying to see how well the game has sold and there doesnt seem to be any numbers out there yet. Some comments i did see was that its sold out at stores so i went to a couple different websites and sure enough if i want to pickup a physical copy i have to drive across town. Out of a large metropolitan area with about 20 Gamestops theres only two locations have any stock. Similar results also when checking Best Buys website.. id have to go 20 miles and pass a couple BB stores to get to one that has stock.

I'm gonna be real surprised if this game doesn't do 3m+

Solaris

Oct 27, 2017

I'm the same - nearly lvl 20 in Monarch and nearing 20 hours played.

Like what the fuck are people doing in this game to finish in sub 20 hours? skip through all the dialogue?

Salty Catfish

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Florida

Deleted member 29682

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
I'm the same - nearly lvl 20 in Monarch and nearing 20 hours played.

Like what the fuck are people doing in this game to finish in sub 20 hours? skip through all the dialogue?

Skipping might be a stretch, but I tend to just read the dialogue and skip the VA part of it. I'm at about 18 hours and just done all the quests on Monarch at level 27.

Plasma

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah I don't get it I've been listening to podcasts saying it's a 20 hour game but I've gone well over that and I still a couple of planets I haven't unlocked.

ced

Oct 27, 2017
This game drove me to picking up a bigger TV, I can read the text now.

A well timed sale on it helped too, but I still blame the game.

Huntersknoll

Oct 25, 2017
I'm moving and I had to pack everything up. I should have everything set back up on Saturday and I am so bummed. I just want to play this game. Its so much fun. First time in a game I went with the speech skills. I've been missing out on so much.

solis74

Jun 11, 2018
I can't believe how much time I've spent on the Groundbreaker, lol. My high dialogue has been a lifesaver, as I thought it would. I was able to take a situation that should have easily turned violent, and talked my way out of it getting everything I wanted. I'm also loving the secret paths allowing me to steal tons of items, which kind of reminds me of Deus Ex.

yeah agree. :)