• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Massicot

RPG Site
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
United States
Pretty excited. I'm not sure I vibe 100% with the garish capitalistic satire the game has going for it (not for any meaningful reason, it just seems a notch too whimsical), but everything else has me super interested.

The idea of a little bit shorter of an RPG but with wide meaningful story alterations is something I haven't really had since Tyranny.

Batatina

Oct 25, 2017
Edinburgh, UK
I'm hyped but I won't play it at launch, because there's a whole lot of other games coming out. Between finishing up Dragon Quest 11, playing Luigi's Mansion and Pokemon, but also Death Stranding, I'm not sure when I'll get around to it to be honest. It's a terrible release date.

Van Bur3n

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
That video honestly kills my hype. Can I ignore attributes and just kill stuff?

88YB1IJ.gif

Bjones

Oct 30, 2017
It looks cool but I'm not into the sci-fi apocalyptic theme. There really isn't anything else coming out that I'm interested in sooo maybe

Zukuu

Oct 30, 2017
I'm gonna get the PC Xbox beta pass for 1€ and play this. Holy shit, what a steal.

BigTnaples

Oct 30, 2017
Eh. I think Fallout NV was only as great as it was because of the work done by Bethesda. Don't have as high hopes for a game made from the ground up by Obsidian. (AP was alright.)

That said, I am excited to play it and hope it's a great game. Preloaded and ready.

AWizardDidIt

Oct 28, 2017
Has obsidian said how long this is? I've heard a few times it's supposed to be a smaller condensed rpg and I'm sorta wondering what kinda game length they're shooting for

Gundam

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Definitely interested. No reason to not give it a shot with game pass but I couldn't stand 20 minutes in Fallout 4, more than an hour in New Vegas, and 3 hours in Fallout 3. Which is strange because I love love love Skyrim and replay it at least once a year.

ShroudOfFate

One Winged Slayer
Oct 30, 2017
I'm stoked but still haven't started Disco Elysium so I'll probably get through that first before I get around to Outer Worlds

OP
OP
Proven

Proven

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Eh. I think Fallout NV was only as great as it was because of the work done by Bethesda. Don't have as high hopes for a game made from the ground up by Obsidian. (AP was alright.)

That said, I am excited to play it and hope it's a great game. Preloaded and ready.
For me, New Vegas is by far the best fallout due to the writing and the level of choice you had. The worst parts were all the Bethesda stuff (the game engine, combat etc)

Viceratops

Banned
Jun 29, 2018
Very excited for this one. I love everything about it. The only sad thing is that it will have to end at some point. Of course the game that looks like something I want to spend all my time in is going to be budget and end after 25 hours most likely.

NLCPRESIDENT

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Midwest
Uh... I'm beyond excited for this. I just hope it's long as New Vegas or at least 80 hours.

I have to move soon, and am not even touching this until I'm all snugged in the new place. Can't wait!!

WillyFive

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017

What did you associate with Obsidian and what did you associate to Bethesda? Cause most people use mods to fix the Bethesda stuff.

Kraken3dfx

Oct 25, 2017
Denver, CO
Not expecting a New Vegas level experience, maybe more on par with Alpha Protocol, which I contend is super underrated. Excited to check it out regardless though.

Doskoi Panda

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Thanks for this
Looks like I'll be playing as a giant russian attorney named Oskar Meier who's got a scarred up mean looking face and a totally professional demeanor

- would never lie, except to protect a client
- follows the rules and takes the law a bit too seriously
- will fuck you up in self-defense
- can't sneak because he's big and kind of impossible not to notice
- wouldn't sneak around anyway
- won't waste time on people who won't (or can't) pay for the privilege

Last edited: