OP
OP
Senator Toadstool

Senator Toadstool

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I donno, it's pretty on brand for the CIA to try to re-instate a deposed monarch who will open the country's natural resources to the west.

America tried to regime change and/or destroy every single country in the history of the world who tried to veer too far from capitalism for our taste.
We often used the USSR as an excuse for that, and to scare the American people into supporting this shit, but we've been doing it since before the soviet union was founded and we haven't stopped after their dissolution.
ahaha true

i remember graduating from college with the "state department" recruiting at my school and thinking it was cool. Thank god I got into labor organizing and not being a spook

chiller

Apr 23, 2021
thinking about the CIAs presence in hollywood. it's insane the dude from black panther was not trying to killthe black panther and instead was portrayed as a kind bubbling helper
That one is still in motion in some ways.

There's a reason the DOD has Entertainment Liaison Offices.
They'll vet your script, mark up the changes they want made (which are exactly what you'd expect they'd want changed) and then give you access to a hell of a lot of resources you wouldn't be able to get otherwise. This article is clearly skewed, but it's also extremely unsubtle in telling you exactly what they're about.

There can be tension with filmmakers.

While Hollywood is paid to tell a compelling story that will make money, the DoD is looking to tell an accurate story. So naturally, there can be challenges in combining the two.

"There are compromises on both sides. There's a point where we just have to say no -- 'It's either going to happen like this, or it's not going to happen at all,'" Hyde said, although he admitted it rarely comes to that. Production agreements require the DoD to be able to review a rough cut of a film, so officials can decide if there are areas that need to be addressed before a film is released.

Last edited: