• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

signal

Oct 28, 2017
Anime nerds provide reviews please and tell me if my Dennou Coil nostalgia will carry this for me.

Jakenbakin

Jun 17, 2018
Looks pretty cool, I never even finished Dennou Coil as a kid but that's been added to Netflix recently too right? Got a good few anime I need to run through on Netflix that I haven't caught up on lately.

Here's an English trailer if anyone wants to get a feel for the dub:

I hope you learned your lesson about quoting the funny parts of trailers. (I uh reported this in an effort to get you unbanned because that was kind of dumb)

Jakenbakin

Jun 17, 2018
I've checked out the first two episodes and I'm very impressed with it so far. It's only 6 episodes but they run longer than typical length (30-40 minutes). It's about a group of Earth based (or mars?) kids visiting a space station intended for commercial tourism, but a series of incidents leaves them, some of the moon-born children native to the station, and a caretaker trying to escape. It leans into a more grounded interpretation of the sci-fi, and it looks absolutely fantastic while doing it. I hope people get around to checking this one out.

Might not want to watch that English trailer I posted above either because rewatching it has clearly spoiled me on an upcoming reveal lol

lexony

Oct 25, 2017
Watched it in on go yesterday. I'm blown away. What an amazing little film/series. I got the same feeling like when watching Neon Genesis Evangelion for the first time.

The animation is amazing and the world building is also impressive. Stuff I didn't like were some of the characters like the other main character with the boxy robot and the little child who calls himself professor. Storywise I like it so far except for some weaker moments here and there, but I can't really judge it until the second part gets released.

Oh and watch it in Japanese. English Dub sounds horrible. I also tried out german and Italian, they seem to be ok.

Last edited:

Storminormin

Jan 14, 2018
I liked it but
The ending is a hot load of nonsense. Kind of turned me off to it. It goes too far over the top just for the sake of it.

Last edited:

Jakenbakin

Jun 17, 2018
Finished this today and damn I loved it. It's so gorgeous visually, too, I absolutely loved the style. It felt like a perfect compact series the likes of which most anime shies away from.

I liked it but
The ending is a hot load of nonsense. Kind of turned me off to it. It goes too far over the top just for the sake of it.
I didn't really feel like that at all, to be honest.

the idea of the ending had been explored and built up to, and it's not like some massive cosmic event occurred beyond the general conceit of the asteroid hitting the earth, such was very well telegraphed. Nothing particularly felt over the top besides 11th dimension thinking, which was also explicitly pointed out as typically beyond human ability. At the end even that is just an extension of how the series explored intelligence and limits though.