• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Who do you think will win?:

• Goku Black (Dragon Ball Super)

Votes: 94 42.9%
  • Reverse-Flash (DC Comics)

Votes: 125 57.1%

• Total voters

Karateka

Oct 28, 2017
Isn't he just so fast he could go back I time and stop his opponent from being born or some nonsense like that?

Nvm after reading some of these posts this makes no sense.

Vito

One Winged Slayer - Formerly Undead Fantasy
Oct 25, 2017
The time ring being the thing that saved Black from being erased is a misconception. It only allowed Black to cross over to the present timeline following Trunk's time machine's path which created a hole in time space which allowed him to follow him since he had the ring on, and when that path eventually closed up Black was eventually forced to go back to his own timeline. It's worth noting in the manga Black doesn't ever go to the present like the anime version. Black also flat out states nothing can effect him anymore in the past in the episode after Beerus tried killing present Zamasu. This rule doesn't just apply to Black either this applies to all Dragon Ball characters with the way time travel works in DB.

TimeRing.png

I'll just post what the Terez from reddit/twitter whose the Kanzenshuu wiki administrator for DB posted a while back because she explains the Black arc time travel shenanigan's, so well much better than I ever could.

Holy shit nice.

Now RF can't really do shit to erase him or change him by time fuckey.

Doukou

Oct 25, 2017
Holy shit nice.

Now RF can't really do shit to erase him or change him by time fuckey.

RF erase doesn't work like that though, for example he erased someone in future causing them not to exist in the past. He can straight erase people without having to kill them in the past

Vito

Oct 25, 2017
RF erase doesn't work like that though, for example he erased someone in future causing them not to exist in the past. He can straight erase people without having to kill them in the past
That... Doesn't make sense at all.

The Silver

Oct 28, 2017
Merged Zamasu would've been more interesting as a fight, Infinite Zamasu is one of the closest things in Dragonball to comic book hax fuckery.

Oct 25, 2017
I don't know how Barry gets out of that, but can't Goku Black just instant transmission/teleport out of that? If teleporting can take you between heaven, hell, and earth, it might work here.

And Black wouldn't do it, but couldn't he just blow up the planet and teleport away? Death Battle will make him fist fight on the ground for some dumb reason, but he really shouldn't.
Goku Black also has the time ring on which allows him to go further in the future whenever he wants, and back to the time he started in. He just can't go back to the past since doing so would create new timelines in the DB world.

I also got it wrong earlier and Goku Black came from the third timeline where Zamasu switched with the Goku from his time, which was basically ROF Goku, and then became Goku Black, and then used the time ring to go to the future into Trunk's time, and team up with his Zamasu. According to the anime the time ring is also susceptible to tears in time space which allow him to temporarily go back and fight for a while in the past if someone goes there first before getting sent back again.

In any case unlike the DC universe a new timering or timeline is created for every change to the past, which is why Future's Trunks time ring was destroyed/shattered after Zeno wiped out his universe at the end of the arc. While FT himself is still alive and well, as the last and only survivor of his world and goes to another timeline that Whis creates after sealing another version of Zamasu.

Time-Ring2.png

Jimnymebob

Oct 26, 2017
Just Goku Black?
The guy whose whole plan was to kill all mortals and managed to completely fail for absolutely no reason whatsoever outside of plot convenience?

Oct 26, 2017
Last edited:

NippleViking

May 2, 2018
Black should take this comfortably insofar as raw stats and feats.

But Speedforce is basically "No but actually so you see!" writing, with the supreme power to hand-waive, negate, or undo literally anything; Black's comfortably a planet/galaxy-buster, but Speedforce is basically free-reign to outdo anything with the way it's used.

VinceK

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Wait just thinking about something, wasn't it a thing in just Dragonball Super during Goku vs Hit that Goku became so strong that he was stronger/faster then time stops/time it's self thus Hit couldn't effect him at all. Also to a stronger extent Jiren was able to just outright ignore a complete focused total time stop centered on him because he's just that strong.

mael

Avenger
Nov 3, 2017
Wait just thinking about something, wasn't it a thing in just Dragonball Super during Goku vs Hit that Goku became so strong that he was stronger/faster then time stops/time it's self thus Hit couldn't effect him at all. Also to a stronger extent Jiren was able to just outright ignore a complete focused total time stop centered on him because he's just that strong.
That's actually totally irrelevant to speedsters since the basis is not time manipulation (although I'm pretty sure they also do that) but that they're so fast they break all kinds of physics.
For that to matter they would have to be faster than RF.
Good luck with that.

TMaakkonen

Oct 26, 2017
Black is physically stronger and Time Ring protects against TIME HUH, but lol speed and RF haxes him to death. Regular Black will never win in DB.

It would be interesting if Infinite Zamasu was included, but even then you could probably argue RF wins.

Bad timing for this tho, now DBZ will have a tie for 2nd biggest win streak in DB, it only needed 1 more win to get a solid 2nd place in win streaks.

Vito

Oct 25, 2017
I'm dreading the bullshit already.

Vito

Oct 25, 2017
How can RF even push Black like that. He's only normal super human in strength no?

BLOODED_hands

Oct 25, 2017
Oh shit.... The mere mention of Wally West just secured Eobard the W. I'm expecting the use of wonky scaling between Eobard and Wally and Barry. I'm going to be slightly shocked if they somehow bring in the other forces for Eobard due to how Zolomon was able to use the forces.

Mewzard

Feb 4, 2018
Black has endured punches thousands of times stronger than a force that can destroy planets.

I just don't get it.

The actual visual fights have always been just for the entertainment. What decides the outcome is the math. If you were to go by the calculations of Strength in the first Goku vs Superman, Goku shouldn't have been able to compete at pretty much any form in terms of raw physical striking force.

Also, given Reverse Flash's powers, being physically moved will be the least of Goku Black's concerns.

Ultratech

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah...this is looking like a complete stomp honestly.

Speedforce is just broken as hell.

Even if they gave Goku Black stuff like Fused Zamasu or Infinite Zamasu, I still don't think he could win.

Spork4000

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Black has endured punches thousands of times stronger than a force that can destroy planets.

I just don't get it.

"Thousands of times stronger?" I'm not sure on that one. DB doesn't seem to scale that way imo. Also characters in DB aren't naturally resenstant to that level of damage like, say Superman is. If your guard is down in dragon Ball most characters can be hurt like normal people.

Vito

Oct 25, 2017
Bullshit.

RF should have died the moment Black hit him.

OP
OP
TheGamingNewsGuy

TheGamingNewsGuy

One Winged Slayer
Nov 5, 2017

Mekanos

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 17, 2018
Dragon Ball Super characters are above 99% of DC/Marvel but don't count out Speedforce hax.

EDIT: Oh the video is out lol. I'm gonna guess they gave it to RF?