• Batgirl (Barbara Gordon)

Votes: 24 8.5%
  • Spider-Gwen (Gwen Stacy)

Votes: 259 91.5%

• Total voters

LossAversion

The Merchant of ERA
Oct 28, 2017
Why would this go any differently than the Spider-Man vs. Batman death battle?

Spider-sense is a hard counter to the Bat family.

Crossing Eden

Oct 26, 2017
A single bullet put an end to Barbara's entire career. How the fuck is she gonna stand a chance against someone with super strength and inhuman reflexes?

Kelsdesu

Oct 25, 2017
I have yet to see a panel with Barbara bats fighting out of her weight class successfully.

Temp_User

Oct 30, 2017
Could've at least used the Cassie version instead of Babs. This is a stomp in favor of Spider-Gwen.

Khanimus

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Greater Vancouver
Ah, the ol' fight of "which is the best historically victimized character retroactively restored into superhero-dom as comics try sweeping decades of misogyny under the rug"

Because I cannot see any other framing device as to why these two would be pitted against eachother

OP
OP
TheGamingNewsGuy

TheGamingNewsGuy

One Winged Slayer
Nov 5, 2017
Ah, the ol' fight of "which is the best historically victimized character retroactively restored into superhero-dom as comics try sweeping decades of misogyny under the rug"

Because I cannot see any other framing device as to why these two would be pitted against eachother
Maybe Female Versions of popular superhero identities but that's a stretch

crimsonECHIDNA

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 25, 2017
Gatorland
I can see Babs overwhelming Gwen's Spider-sense with a modified ultra high frequency bat sonar. It would be over in one move.

I voted Gwen though becuase the battle will last longer and be underwelming

They don't do prep-time shenanigans with these types of fights. It's always throw two (or more) characters with the traditional equipment into a sudden situation where they start fighting.

And yeah, this is as much of a lopsided matchup as when they paired up Venom against Bane. Like, Barbara is straight up the better fighter. It got established in Gwen's own comics that without her powers she doesn't even know how to throw a punch. But that doesn't matter since Babs ain't going to have any way to depower Gwen off-hand.

OP
OP
TheGamingNewsGuy

TheGamingNewsGuy

One Winged Slayer
Nov 5, 2017
"Best superhero daughter of police chiefs"

Lol
That's also probalby one of the connections they decided on for this fight

They don't do prep-time shenanigans with these types of fights. It's always throw two (or more) characters with the traditional equipment into a sudden situation where they start fighting.

And yeah, this is as much of a lopsided matchup as when they paired up Venom against Bane. Like, Barbara is straight up the better fighter. It got established in Gwen's own comics that without her powers she doesn't even know how to throw a punch. But that doesn't matter since Babs ain't going to have any way to depower Gwen off-hand.
There is a possibily, if they give her the symbiote, Batgirl can use Sonic Batarangs to disrupt the Symbiote/forcing it to attach from Gwen's body

Uzzy

Gabe’s little helper
Oct 25, 2017
Hull, UK
Barbara gonna get crushed. Cass or even Steph would stand a better chance.

Kinketsu

Nov 17, 2017
Spider-Gwen has all the powers of Spider-Man right? My experience is mostly just from Into the Spiderverse but in that she was bitten instead of Peter so I think she has the same powers. In which case, she has SUPERhuman reflexes, agility and is strong enough to pick up a building. So it is the usual story of Spider-Man versus anyone. If she wanted to, she would just mash Batgirl into mist in about a second.

Iacomus

Dec 26, 2018
This is pretty much Gwens to win.

I assume Babs will have some sonic device to take care of Venom, and her fighting ability is batman level, but agility and speed is on Gwens side.

Deleted member 42055

User requested account closure
Banned
Apr 12, 2018
This got me to look up their Batman versus Spiderman and wow they actually didn't succumb to " THE BAT can never lose because… Reasons." Spiderman would in fact whoop his ass

OP
OP
TheGamingNewsGuy

TheGamingNewsGuy

One Winged Slayer
Nov 5, 2017
Preveiw of Batgirl vs Spider-Gwen's animation is out.

Something cool to note: Brandon Yates - The DEATH BATTLE Composer is doing request for DEATH BATTLE Songs.

This is his latest one.
latest

Hoa

Jun 6, 2018
Still waiting on Kung Fu Panda's Furious Five to be put against a group, or even Po himself. Po is pretty crazy with his LOA feats.

deadman322

Oct 29, 2017
babs is batfam which means she's much more powerful than the majority of other dc characters. she's probably a little below Darkseid but that would be a close fight.

OP
OP
TheGamingNewsGuy

TheGamingNewsGuy

One Winged Slayer
Nov 5, 2017
Episode is out

roosterteeth.com

Batgirl VS Spider-Gwen (DC VS Marvel) - DEATH BATTLE! - S8E20 - Rooster Teeth

Batman and Spider-Man step aside as the ladies take the stage!

To no one's suprise - Spider-Gwen won and as for the next fight. It was a fight many pepole speculated was coming.

It's a battle between the Legendary Chef of the Straw Hats - Vinesmoke Sanji from One Piece vs Konoha's Beautiful Green Wild Beast - Rock Lee from Naruto

Naijaboy

The Fallen
Mar 13, 2018
That went as expected. I think even Stephanie Brown had a better shot than Babs thanks to her tech.

Naijaboy

The Fallen
Mar 13, 2018
Probalby. Do you think Babs is the weakest Batgirl? (in terms of strength,tech)
Babs is definitely the best Batgirl in terms of sleuthing and possibly superhero experience. Other than that Cass outclasses her in strength and reflexes while Steph has some crazy tech such as sticky bombs that would be more useful in a fight against Spider-Woman.