• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

CountAntonio

Oct 25, 2017
S5RK.gif

funky

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I like when you click "Game Design" the first position listed is Economist.

gogojira

Oct 27, 2017
User Warned: Provocative drive-by post.
It's weird that they start off their site with a lie.

Reckheim

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I hate this website style of design. Reminds me of the god awful Ariba website i gotta use for work once in a while.

Lulu

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
Nice, thread already derailed with shit post

spam musubi

Oct 25, 2017

Adnor

Oct 25, 2017
Cool to see that the drive-by-post continue even after the first one got a warning.

Wait no, the opposite of cool.

gig

Prophet of Regret
Oct 25, 2017
Artifact is a card game and the other one was made by Campo Santo.

Artifact is a video game. In the Valley of the Gods is as much of a Valve game as Left 4 Dead and Counter-Strike.

Take your old, tired arguments somewhere else.

Site is great. Really establishes them as a collaborative and free-form company.

Nzyme32

Oct 28, 2017
I know right? When was the last time they relased a single player game? 7 years ago?

The Lab was released two years ago. Yes - it's a game, regardless of scope.
Considering their size and the amount they have output since Dota 2, and their reasoning for not shipping a game, It's pretty damn valid.

Artifact is a card game and the other one was made by Campo Santo.

Digital card games, are games. Amusingly, now that we are understanding what they are doing with Artifact, I am way more enthusiastic for it. It is almost a return to form of sorts, where Valve are taking a genre and mechanically looking at it to shake up the genre.

gig

Prophet of Regret
Oct 25, 2017
Yoooo is that white Steam Controller on the About page for sale??

SweetNicole

The Old Guard
Oct 24, 2017
Users that make drive-by posts saying that "Valve does not make games" and such will be actioned appropriately as these kind of posts derail threads. This goes for both this thread and any future threads on Valve.

Deleted member 4247

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Jokes aside, but yeah, Valve doesn't REALLY make new games anymore. They sometimes buy games.

Is Artifact 100% in-house from the ground up? Guess that's a rare exception in that case! And maybe, hopefully a sign of more to come? I want them to get back to what they were doing ten years ago. They are big enough to do that while simultaneously doing Steam and Dota.