• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

D.Lo

Oct 25, 2017
Sydney
"False narratives"
"Castlevania 64 > SotN"
Can you really not read at all?

Your opinion (which I have never questioned) is that Castlevania N64 was bad. You claimed that everyone shared that opinion and that it was widely held. I showed this to be incorrect with sources from release of the game through to recent threads on this very forum. Your 'proof' is a couple of pieces of clickbait shit and a joke reviewer's list? You had a false narrative.

I never claimed my opinion was shared by anyone. No false narrative created, just an opinion stated.

Last edited:

Deleted member 24540

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
I think it would work better in some cases and not so great in others. I would love to see Banjo-Kazooie with the graphical fidelity of Mario Odyssey, but I don't know if I would want Ocarina of Time any other way given that the tone and sense of mystery in the LA remake is diminished.

Jaymageck

Nov 18, 2017
Toronto
I tend to find that story-driven games make more sense for remakes, because you can have more fun reinventing the gameplay while keeping the core story similar.

Nintendo games in general are more gameplay driven. So if you dont have much story and are changing the gameplay, why are you doing a remake? May as well be a new game. That tends to be what they do - use the same core story themes and refresh the gameplay. Almost every Mario game is a remake in that sense - Mario saves Peach from Bowser.

Nintendo 64 is known for big 3D gameplay advances, not for amazing stories. Its games don't lend themselves well to remakes. Remasters with new assets, sure, but not ground up remakes.

GamerJM

Nov 8, 2017
True that, but Gamecube 'lived on' by having hardware that could play its games for sale for at least ten years (almost 15 if counting the Wii U, though it couldn't read the discs itself).

I think the fact that the Wii's flawlessly perfect Gamecube BC was hardly ever mentioned in Nintendo's marketing or presentation of the console (seriously, I wouldn't be surprised if a very significant majority of people who owned the console didn't know it was a thing and that they had no idea what the ports on the top of the console were) speaks to how underrepresented by the company it is. Plus it got taken out in late revisions of the console.

Bear and bird

Oct 27, 2017
I'd buy OoT/MM 3D HD and Super Mario 64 DS HD. Those games still hold up, and I'd love to be able to play those versions on a big screen and with better controls.