The Munsters or Addams Family?

• The Munsters

Votes: 24 18.5%
  • Addams Family?

Votes: 106 81.5%

• Total voters

Mariachi507

Oct 26, 2017
Hope it turns out ok. I appreciate that he's going for a different flavor writing wise. He still needs a cowriter though, that's his biggest downfall as a filmmaker.

I feel like he's had more trouble getting funding the last few flicks. They've all looked cheap as of late.

TheJollyCorner

AVALANCHE
The Fallen
Nov 7, 2017
I normally don't give a shit about filmmakers hiring their pals to be in their movies, but casting a bit-role actor like Jeff Daniel Phillips to portray Herman Munster - especially considering how brilliant Fred Gwynne was in the original - just reeks of Rob Zombie hubris to me. I mean sure, the guy could be a hidden gem and blast off to the moon in this role, but going by the trailer? Not seeing it. Delivery seems bad, presence seems bad... ugh.

I don't even complain about Sheri Moon Zombie anymore. The assumption now is that she's just always going to be a lead in his films. I'd basically be screaming into the void complaining about her following up Yvonne De Carlo.

hiredhand

Feb 6, 2019
Zombie has such a distinct original style and voice that I really wish his films were better. The Devil's Rejects is a masterpiece but his later films haven't come close to that quality.

Bengraven

Powered by Friendship™
Oct 26, 2017
Florida
Looks like they gave him the license cheap and he filmed it with a small ass crew and limited sets during the pandemic to take his mind off the bad shit going on.

Which is fine. And maybe true.

Babu93

Feb 9, 2021
It's such a weirdly edited trailer too. That jittery opening text looks like someone made it on Windows Movie Maker. Complete amateur hour.

CreepingFear

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
1fcfadf4d8a21db790cdbda7f7f35b7c.gif

Some things you can't or should not not remake, despite Zombie's love for the original.

Mar 11, 2020
NGL as a big fan of OG Munsters this looks fun as fuck. Sherri Moon's acting is so goddamn stilted though in the trailer as usual with her though :(

There def was some weird choices made filming this as the framerate seems to be high for a movie but only in certain scenes?

I love the set design and costumes though for sure, it evokes old TV show sets and i def don't get the hate going on there.

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Just looks like a really bad fan film. AVGN The Movie tier.

skeezx

Oct 27, 2017
looks... eh....

i'll give it a shot though. loved the show growing up, never thought i'd see it come back unless it was an animated kid's thing or whatever

RedVejigante

Aug 18, 2018
So, really, my personal problem here is that this feels like a trailer designed primarily to appeal to people who already like The Munsters and/or like Rob Zombie's output.

As someone who's not particularly invested in either, I'm struggling to see what the draw is here? Like, what even is the story?

Lily and Herman are in love and wear a bunch of wacky costumes, I guess? But Grandpa doesn't like Herman? What's the central conflict here?

beelulzebub

Oct 25, 2017
Being the devils advocate here but we all know Zombie can direct with style and cool cinematography. So the camoyness galore on display here is certainly the whole point.
I watch all sorts of horror dreck, but I haven't watched a single Rob Zombie movie where I would agree with the bolded (haven't watched too much from him, but what I've seen hasn't encouraged me to go much further). This trailer looks absolutely dreadful. I do however hope that you and all fans of his enjoy this however, every horror fan has got their niches and/or guilty pleasures within the genre.

Laser Ramon

Oct 28, 2017
I am actually kind of into how colorful it is. Wish it addressed a lot of the other obvious criticisms that have been brought up but I'm hoping it's surprisingly enjoyable.

Feb 7, 2022
It certainly seems true to the original series' visual and comedic styles. Not sure if that's what would work best for a film, but he's the Munsters geek, not me.

Garble Slew

Oct 27, 2017
Atlanta, Georgia
I love the set design and costumes. Everything else is awful. Also, according to RZ's IG this finished filming a week ago. Didn't it start filming last summer/fall and got rated in March? Did they film a TV season to go along with the movie or something?

Laserbeam

Oct 27, 2017
Canada
well that looks even worse than I was expecting.

I'm down with some low budget stuff, but this looks beyond cheap somehow.

I guess it could end up being entertaining, but that's a terrible trailer. under 3 minutes but felt like an eternity.

Masseyfects

Nov 7, 2017
I feel like this was meant to be black and white from the start, hence the lighting, but the studio was like NAH.

Treestump

Mar 28, 2018
Like others have said, the fuck is up with the audio? Sounds and looks horrid. Zombie likely continues his streak of making bad movies IMO.

Violence Jack

Drive-in Mutant
Oct 25, 2017
Wait.... This is actually releasing in theaters?

I get that RZ is trying to stay faithful to the old Universal Classics vibe and theme, but this looks wretched and not even the least bit entertaining.

Katana_Strikes

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 29, 2017
Badly put together trailer. The best thing about it was the original theme music (it's a classic). I can't say of the quality but the trailer didn't really do it any favours.