• Total voters

Deleted member 9241

Oct 26, 2017
It looks like a fucking web series omg

Cipher Peon

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
…………………

oh no…… I was looking forward to this……………….. but that was abominable……………………..

Fonst

Nov 16, 2017
He keeps putting his wife in his movies and I can't stand how she acts.

Outside of that, it looks a little off but it is supposed to be campy so maybe that style will work for it?

Garp TXB

Apr 1, 2020
It's the lighting mostly, that makes it look like a Nickelodeon or Disney channel tween show

Burai

Oct 27, 2017
Grandpa having a moustache has really thrown me for a loop. I think it's because everything else looks exactly spot on compared to the original and Munsters Today, so Grandpa having a moustache is proper uncanny valley nope territory.

OP
OP
obin_gam

obin_gam

Oct 25, 2017
Sollefteå, Sweden
Being the devils advocate here but we all know Zombie can direct with style and cool cinematography. So the camoyness galore on display here is certainly the whole point.

grang

Nov 13, 2017
Maybe it's because I have no nostalgia for the original, maybe saw a couple reruns when I was a kid...but that looked truly terrible. I'm a fan of most of his movies so I'll probably still give it a shot but yeesh.

Oct 30, 2017
I don't get it. I am a Rob Zombie apologist, but up to and including Lords of Salem, his films at least looked professional. After that, they look horrible. What happened?
Yes, campy vibes, etc. I'll give it a shot. But can't we have it both ways like Burton's Ed Wood?

Babu93

Feb 9, 2021
This looks like some sort of YouTube fan film??

I get it might be low budget but it doesn't even look like a professionally produced film.

plagiarize

Khive rise up
Oct 25, 2017
Cape Cod, MA
Being the devils advocate here but we all know Zombie can direct with style and cool cinematography. So the camoyness galore on display here is certainly the whole point.
I can see why you might choose to try and make the Munsters look like a TV show but I can't say I like how it looks at all. Hopefully there's further work to be done on this footage.

poptire

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
tumblr_lz9r9eYaPX1qko769o5_r1_250.gifv

PSOreo

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Oh dear. This really does look like and sounds like a web series or something. Literally just from the way it's shot is so awkward. Also what's with Herman's voice? Couldn't even get someone to emulate the original actor no?

So looking at some clips of the in-color telefilms made for the Munsters after the original BW show, it looks like Rob is going for that shooting style and vibe. Perhaps what should have been done here, was to ad some grain and analog noise to remove the "soap opera" look and fully clone the original telefilms.

Oct 30, 2017
So...like every other movie he's done?
I honestly thought about which Zombie movies I actually liked and the only 2 I liked were Devil's Rejects and Halloween 1. But everything else has felt like misfires under the guise of being in the spirit of 70s horror. People defend Zombie's stylistic choices but it just seems like his talent and efforts as a director and storywriter has diminished with each subsequent movie.

Rapscallion

Oct 25, 2017
It's more of a "take" than I would've expected. The visuals, the hokey comedy, the strange acting- at least it all seems intentional and with purpose.

Whether or not it'll be good and sustain a full length movie is another question.

PirateHearts

Oct 27, 2017
North Texas
Finally this makes sense as a Rob Zombie film, with that color palette and those camera angles. It looks goofy for sure but I'll give it a chance, feels like it'll be a fun time at the movies however it turns out.

Markratos

Hermen Hulst's Secret Account
Banned
Feb 15, 2020
Probably hardly a soul will see this... But I'll give it a try.