• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

julian

Oct 27, 2017
Interesting they announced this game with the Mario Golf story mode. Some posters seemed unsure about bringing back Miis for a story mode, but maybe the custom Miis will be going system wide and get incorporated into Golf….maybe not, but here's hoping.

Also, I love everything I'm seeing, but I know I'll start it up and be unable to make anything worthwhile.

Trrzs

Oct 29, 2017
Remember when we thought the Miis were dead?

Maybe they gave the Miis a break to allow the Switch separate from the Wii brand. Miitopia, Mario Golf, the Pikmin App, it's not a coincidence all the exposure they are giving to Miis now, I hope they continue the trend and put this new creator on a system level.

AgeEighty

Oct 25, 2017
Remember when we thought the Miis were dead?

Maybe they gave the Miis a break to allow the Switch separate from the Wii brand. Miitopia, Mario Golf, the Pikmin App, it's not a coincidence all the exposure they are giving to Miis now, I hope they continue the trend and put this new creator on a system level.

It was easy to see why. The Switch's Mii feature is buried fairly obscurely in the Settings (even though they finally added a bunch more color options to it). And for a long time they didn't have any game integration like they did on Wii and Wii U.

Miitopia is a revelation because of all the new options, really opening the faces up as canvases like some people always knew they were.

SchroDingerzat

One Winged Slayer
Sep 24, 2018
Now if only they could bring all the Miitomo clothes and accessories into Miiverse or the standard maker.

GustyGardner

Oct 27, 2017
Still having way too much fun with this. Kwolok from Ori & the Will of the Wisps + Porkrind from Cuphead.
E0Nd152VgAcgPMV

E0Nd15zVoAYMrzc

OnanieBomb

Oct 25, 2017
After spending a couple hours with this demo it went from "why would I ever buy this" to "this is some weird shit made in the weirdest part of Nintendo so I'm pre ordering"

lexony

Oct 25, 2017
The demo is cool, but I will not buy this game as long it is full price. It's to much.

RetroMG

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Dear Nintendo,
I'm going to need a new version of Tomodachi Life with this Mii creator, like, YESTERDAY.
Hugs and Kisses,
RetroMG

maximumzero

Oct 25, 2017
New Orleans, LA
It's been a while since I played the 3DS version...I don't remember it being nearly this robust, is this new for the Switch release?

Looks like it is. Fuuuck I don't wanna double dip. Bleh.

Last edited:

SpoonyBob

Oct 27, 2017
Arkansas

I wish I had even 1/4 the creativity of some of the people posting theirs. The stuff people are able to do with all these little pieces blows my mind, and really reminds me of PSO Symbol Chat.

Inquisitive_Ghost

Cranky Ghost Pokemon
Oct 26, 2017
Messing around in this a bit.

J9ubpKN.jpg

I tried to do Nanashi, but there is nothing that approaches the punk half-shaved cut at all. 😭

Madao

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Panama
when i started seeing these on twitter, i legit thought people were photoshopping things over the miis.

this level of customization is pretty wild. this alone justifies a double dip + replay.

Inquisitive_Ghost

Cranky Ghost Pokemon
Oct 26, 2017
One more batch of attempts.

uL16j0q.jpg

Meant to be used with the generic mage hat in the game. I tried to do a Jack Frost, but his hat just ruins everything. You could do him without his hat pretty easily though.

5mCOho5.jpg

*snrrrrrkk*

Lucifer's scowl being reduced to a Mii had me cackling while making this. 😂

And I gave some of the What We Do In The Shadows cast a shot.

W9T1PCj.jpg

vPXebAX.jpg

Nev49C5.jpg

Weebos

Oct 25, 2017
One more batch of attempts.

uL16j0q.jpg

Meant to be used with the generic mage hat in the game. I tried to do a Jack Frost, but his hat just ruins everything. You could do him without his hat pretty easily though.

5mCOho5.jpg

*snrrrrrkk*

Lucifer's scowl being reduced to a Mii had me cackling while making this. 😂

And I gave some of the What We Do In The Shadows cast a shot.

W9T1PCj.jpg

vPXebAX.jpg

Nev49C5.jpg
These are all so awesome, do you have a share code?

InfiniDragon

Oct 25, 2017
Okay, this is awesome and why can't we have these Miis on our profile for the console instead of the old ones.

Inquisitive_Ghost

Cranky Ghost Pokemon
Oct 26, 2017
These are all so awesome, do you have a share code?
Yeah! Sorry, I should have put it in there. 19LGN05.

And thanks! :D

Edit: In the interest of not spamming the thread, I'll just edit these three in here:

I made my Warrior class into Zorn

tqgMDoZ.jpg

My protagonist into Arsene Lupin

kw1S61P.jpg

And then I went and made a terrifying Handsome Squidward for the Pop Star class. 😂😂😂

x3KVFzK.jpg

Last edited: