L11ghtman

Jan 19, 2022
October makes sense, if you're negotiating an extension you want it to be a healthy chunk of time, and one quarter is a healthy chunk. It won't take that long, btw. The goal isn't to make it come down to the wire again, it's to get this done with the CMA and CAT as fast as possible.

gofreak

Oct 26, 2017
October eh? Playing it super safe.
Wonder how they got to that certain date

Maybe this isn't relevant, but it is just short of the timing that was being suggested for a CAT hearing of the current/original RMS if, as the Activision lawyer said, 'heaven forbid' the CMA/MS don't work something agreeable out. In that conversation Beard was suggesting tribunal availability in late Oct (although nothing was ordered/written into the diary).

So maybe coincidence, or maybe it's Activision's way of saying that on the small chance it comes to that - i.e. back to a CAT appeal/hearing - they may want to renegotiate terms, but will give it as long as possible up to that point.

Dunlop

Oct 25, 2017
Source? or are you just being a troll

ron-burgundy-escalated-quickly.gif

Glad to see this thread will continue for months to come

Unfolded

Jun 27, 2023
3 month extension (october 18th), termination fee up to 5bn, US$ 0.99 dividend payable now, so effective deal price now $96

MuricaBob

Jun 28, 2023
Thereitis.gif

Longer than expected, but should be enough time for the CMA to resolve whatever. I expect NZ to announce 10/17 now.

tapedeck

Oct 28, 2017
Nice to see confirmation that they have agreed to give themselves plenty of time to work it out with the CMA, I still think it'll probably get done within a couple weeks, I'm sure they want to get it over with asap.

Stibbs

Feb 8, 2023
The 518
Alright so now they we're officially just waiting out the CMA to rule in August, seemingly to approve I just have one question. What do we do for the next 3 weeks? lol

Iztok

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
2286080-DaytonaUSA_22133_screen.jpg

For some reason I thought of Daytona USA, reading these news.

Anyway, a bit annoyed it'll take longer, because I don't think there's much more that's interesting or new to learn for us who are following this.

BassForever

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
CT
Didn't most regulators determine cloud was a separate market?
The EU said they were concerned there could be damages to the cloud competition, but that MS remedies not only remedied them, but would make the cloud market more competitive. All other regulators gave the deal a rubber stamp, accept for the FTC who got embarassed in court. Most regulators agreed cloud was just another method of distribution like physical, digital, and subscription.

Deleted member 93062

Account closed at user request
Banned
Mar 4, 2021
The EU said they were concerned there could be damages to the cloud competition, but that MS remedies not only remedied them, but would make the cloud market more competitive. All other regulators gave the deal a rubber stamp, accept for the FTC who got embarassed in court. Most regulators agreed cloud was just another method of distribution like physical, digital, and subscription.
That's the thing though, the EU might decide behavioral remedies satisfy their concern but if they came to the conclusion that cloud is a separate market, the CMA isn't being irrational. Them not being willing to support behavioral remedies is something they have a lot of discretion on AFAIK.