• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 27, 2017
new imperial triumphant. not sure who's on this track, but the album has tomas haake (meshuggah) on taiko drums, colin marston (dysrhythmia, krallice, etc) on guitars, a bunch of other guests and it's produced by trey spruance who was behind mr. bungle/secret chiefs 3

still bummed I won't be seeing them among many others at migration fest this year :(

RickPresk

May 15, 2018
Possibly financial reasons, or family obligations not being able to meet them while within the band. As much as I love Sy, David is no slouch, can bring a nice blackened/thrash vibe to the band.
Fair enough, I agree on those vocals though they sound great, last saw them a few years ago at bloodstock and they were still excellent, hopefully we'll get some tour dates next year.

Valkyr

Oct 26, 2017
Realized Rebel Wizard has a new album coming out in July. Their bandcamp has 2 tracks from it and both are terrific. Love their sound. This one almost sounds like a black metal 80s pop song to me.

BlueScrote

Oct 25, 2017
Going through my bandcamp recommendations and had to do a double take because this riff seems straight out of Maiden.

Apparently it's a Visigoth side project.

selfReg

Oct 26, 2017

Sanctuary

Oct 27, 2017
Hopefully they don't have any problems getting their third album out (been in the studio since 2016) in the upcoming year. I know King Diamond has a new album coming out soon, and Mercyful Fate is back together...kind of, but Hell has been the next best thing in ages, and unfortunately will likely still be more entertaining to me compared to post 2000 stuff of the other bands.

Bitanator

Oct 27, 2017
Hopefully they don't have any problems getting their third album out (been in the studio since 2016) in the upcoming year. I know King Diamond has a new album coming out soon, and Mercyful Fate is back together...kind of, but Hell has been the next best thing in ages, and unfortunately will likely still be more entertaining to me compared to post 2000 stuff of the other bands.

I personally do not like direction Hell went in, that Andy Seap production is ultimately terrible for the band, again, all subjective. You are obviously not replacing David Halliday on vocals, but I wish they went with capturing more of what they sounded like, much like what Satan did.

And the Hell albums rate so well critically and I am just shaking my head because I cannot get into them at all.

Also, unrelated note, Violator remain awesome:

Last edited:

coma

Oct 28, 2017
The only time I've seen Hirax, they were opening for Anal Cunt. Which was a strange mix of fans. They killed it though.

dred

Oct 27, 2017

This hit a few months ago, still really enjoying the album. These guys have such a great sound.

E_i

Oct 27, 2017
Metal Blade has been posting every Mercyful Fate album to Youtube because they're all being reissued on vinyl.